Vihar lake is yet another drinking water source to Mumbai. Constructed in around 1840, This water reservoir also has water filtration plant on other end which is near to Tulsi lake, Both falling under green forest premise of Borivali national park with road going from film city and behind Powai lake pine line road..”
About Vihar Water Source Lake
Vihar lake was the very first fresh drinking water reservoir and one of the very few water bodies inside Mumbai. Till date it supply piped clean drinking water to city which goes to the water filtration plant connected to the lake.
Located adjacent to Tulsi and falls behind the area of Powai lake. This is one of the best location view from top hills of Filmcity goregaon as the same forest is park of Borivali national park blessed with nature, floras and faunas and all 3 drinking water source to Mumbai, Among which Powai lake is no more a drinking water source.
It is a small lake compared to adjacent tulsi lake and is also scenic during monsoons. Migratory birds, fishes, and reptiles like crocodiles and snakes, frogs and other insects are easily seen around as its one of the best nature friendly locations for same.
How to reach this Lake
Access is restricted by government authority for public. This lake is located behind national park forest and can be seen from far from hills of national park and film city.
Although villages are available, So if you are able to get inside Filmcity road Goregaon, You can easily reach this lake.
- Home Residential Address Of Bollywood Actors Celebrities Stars – Mumbai 926 views
- Mumbai Traffic Rules 2017 – Road Safety and Traffic Signs 651 views
- Grant Road Station Attractions – Mumbai 639 views
- Mumbai Metro Trains – Routes | Timetable | Fares | Stations | Tickets 515 views
- Telephone Directory – MTNL Mumbai Directory Services 478 views
- Online Appointment For Learner License – RTO Mumbai 461 views
- How to Get Vehicle Registration and Owner Details Via SMS – Mumbai 420 views
- Mumbai Zoo at Byculla Called Veer Jijamata Udyan 403 views
- Chor Bazaar – Mumbai Second Hand Product Bazaar and Stolen Thieves Market 386 views
- Movie Theatres Ticket Rates – Mumbai Cinema Theatres Ticket Prices 314 views