“Off the Mumbai City are 2 of Known Thane Lakes, A district in itself, Yet Thane Station has these 2 of the many beautiful public lakes called ‘Masunda lake’ (Also known as ‘Talao Pali’ lake) and another at just one kilometre distance from thane station called ‘Upvan lake’ (Or Pokhran)a natural forest side lake in Thane..”
Masunda Famous (Talao Pali) Lake of Thane
Since locals called it Talao Pali, where Talao means ‘Lake’ in Hindi it is one of the oldest and biggest lake of Thane city right near the station with a beautiful view. Masunda lake can be reached in 15 to 20 minutes from any location of thane city, it giving shades to tired and frustrated people who wants to relax at lake side for a while before going ahead and is one of the favourites among families who comes to masunda for hangout & leisure in evening times.
One of the other speciality of lake being the boating facility, very rare in Mumbai, But Thane lakes has it. Paddle boat service that takes you in centre of the lake where there is a huge statue of Hindi god, lord Hanuman (Also called ‘Bajrangbali’, God with monkey face that has a tail too). This idol inside lake is about 20 foot high. Masunda is one of the most frequently visited lakes by senior citizens of thane city.
Upvan (Pokhran) Lake
Few kilometers ahead of thane city crowd in Pokhran lake located in a small village. This is another and must visit 2 of Thane lakes, is also famous as Upvan lake, Quite and silent, a great choice for those who likes to meditate in open air as it connects the Yeoor hills which is part of Borivali National Park forest. This helps Upvan lake to be clean from all those pollutions, its a natural lake in thane district with birds humming around that soothes your ears.
Due to the solitude environment, Upvan lake also attracts lots of couples, Can say a nice lovers point at thane. Here also their is a hindi shrine which attracts families for prayers. Monsoon makes this lakes scenic with all those natural looks.
How to reach this lakes
As said Masunda lake is just walking distance from station and Upvan is about 15 to 20 minutes inside the city near famous Yeoor hills.
See also : Sagar Upvan Garden at Colaba
- Home Residential Address Of Bollywood Actors Celebrities Stars – Mumbai 926 views
- Mumbai Traffic Rules 2017 – Road Safety and Traffic Signs 651 views
- Grant Road Station Attractions – Mumbai 639 views
- Mumbai Metro Trains – Routes | Timetable | Fares | Stations | Tickets 515 views
- Telephone Directory – MTNL Mumbai Directory Services 478 views
- Online Appointment For Learner License – RTO Mumbai 461 views
- How to Get Vehicle Registration and Owner Details Via SMS – Mumbai 420 views
- Mumbai Zoo at Byculla Called Veer Jijamata Udyan 403 views
- Chor Bazaar – Mumbai Second Hand Product Bazaar and Stolen Thieves Market 386 views
- Movie Theatres Ticket Rates – Mumbai Cinema Theatres Ticket Prices 314 views