“Celebrating Navratri 2017 like Other traditional festival is awesome as Navratri Mahotsava and Its Dancing Garba and Dandiya Bands Performers are the most known worldwide for its famous Gujaratis folk dance festival with public performance in Mumbai. More to add on pre-navratri days excitement is the garba dance practice, authentic dresses shopping according to the article about 9 color dresses for each day, we update every year..”
Speciality of Navratri festival celebration in Mumbai
Festival of Navaratri is celebrated by Gujarati community which is a part of Hindu Community all over India and very famous for Dandiya and garba ras.
Speciality of this festival is Gujarati people following typical rituals by getting ‘GARBO’ which is a small Pot made up sand very well decorated with colors and other decorative stuff and believes it as being Goddess AMBE for next 9 days also call it ‘MATAJI’ or ‘AMBEMA’. As Gujarat’s keep a small ‘Diva’ (Small Candle type Fire light) inside the ‘GARBO’ which has several Holes inside for air ventilation.
On the First day of Navratri Gujarati housewives and also young girls dress themselves up with Typical Gujarati sarees, Ghagra choli or Chaniya Choli (A Gujju Costume) and go out to Purchase the ‘GARBA’, Almost all Gujarati housewives keep fasting on that day. They believe that on that day Goddess ‘AMBE MATAJI’ Comes and stays at their home for next ten days giving blessing of wealth and success to family.
Typically Navratri is a festival of 10 days as it is believed that for ten days continuously ‘AMBE DEVI MATA’ fought with Ravana (Evil) and on 10th day which is ‘DASERA’ won the fight, So ‘DASERA’ is celebrated as a NEW YEAR by gujarati community.
City’s Famous Temples For Navratri
Although every temple of Maa Ambe (Goddess Ambe) is visited by locals, in Mumbai City there are 3 major temples which see huge number of crowd during this festive season celebrations. First temple being Mahalaxmi Mata’s near Haji Ali Bhulabhai Desai Road where special Ghatsthapana with Aarti is done early morning at 5 AM attracting crowd in Lakhs.
Another famous temple during Navratri is Mumbadevi. Same like Mahalaxmi temple, this temple does the rituals and after 5:30 huge crowd visits on first day. Ghatasthapana at Mumbadevi is done at 7:30 Am and temple is open till late night instead of 10:00 PM for these 9 days.
Third famous temple is about 4 centuries old and located at Matunga and is called ‘Marubai Gaondevi Temple’. Address of same is : Nathalal Parekh Marg, Opposite Shri Marubai Gaondevi Mandir Chowk, Near Aurora Cinema, Matunga, Mumbai 400019.
About Dandiya and Garba Ras Dancing
All of the ten nights, Gujarati and People of all Community get together to ‘DANDIYA RAS’ and ‘GARBA RAS’ in Mumbai (Bombay) which is a Special Dance and thousands of people get together to enjoy the dance wearing Chaniya Choli and other Trendy fashion clothes in Big ground, You can also see Pictures of ‘DANDIYA RAS’ and ‘GARBA RAS’ in Mumbai, which has big Orchestra and Singers Singing Navtratri Songs. Its a latest fashion and trend celebrating the Navaratri festival and few people wait for the festival just for the dancing time at night as whole ground is filled with thousands of people beautifully dressed girls and dancing for hours.
There are famous bands for navratri like, Falguni pathak orchestra, Preeti Pinki Orchestra, and other such bands singing and playing music with mind blowing performances. You can Purchase Navratri tickets of Kora Kendra at Borivali (Mumbai), where mostly Falguni Pathak performs with her band every Night, Ticket Costs Approximately between 300/- to 600/- Rupees per head depending on days and get the real taste of this dance festival called Navratri.
Bhuleshwar in Mumbai is one of the famous places to get Cheap and Best Navratri Dresses on Rent for 10 tens, If a person is ready to spent good, he or she can get Exclusive dresses of navratri and can be lime lite of the Dancing Night.
Now a days political parties are supporting every festivals in Mumbai and sponsors Gifts and Cash prices, But real festival taste can be found at every Gujarati family carrying ‘GARBO’ at home and having small groups of Society Dandiya Ras and Garbas with Actual old navratri songs for which actually navratri festival was found.
Famous Navratri Orchestra’s and Bands Performers
Below are list and famous locations of top Navratri Bands performing every year pulling crowd in lakhs per day. Yet the slow down and raising inflation has different story for this year 2017. Below is a brief idea :
Updates on Year 2017 Navratri Dandiya and Garba details will be done soon upon festival.
Year 2012 and Before
- Falguni Pathak’s Sankalp Dandiya Band : People are really eager from months before “Where is Falguni Pathak Performance this year ?” and most of the time its ‘Kora Kendra’ Borivali OR Goregaon Sports Club at Link Road Malad (West) and the fees / cost per ticket on saturday and sundays are high. Approximate cost is between Rs.300/- and 500/-. Most of time season pass for all ten days are also available. For year 2009, Falguni is at Goregaon Sports Complex.
- Preeti Pinky’s Rangeelo Raas Dandiya : So where is Preeti Pinky Performing this navrati ? They are at Chitrakoot Ground, Link Road, Andheri (West) for 2009 performance and Tickets are costing about Rs.500/- with option of season passs for Rs.2100 (Couple) & Rs.1600 (Single).
- Other Famous Bands – Aadesh Srivastava’s Garba Nachle, Nilesh Thakkar’s Dandiya Utsav, Crazy Beats Orchestra’s Aav Albeli Naar, Dandiya Nights by Rangat Beats.
- For more comprehensive details see Famous Navratri venues for Dandiya and Garba in Mumbai.
Their are many Navratri Mandals around city, Yet 4 to 5 of such Mandals attracts major crowd and dandiya / garba players who spend good money for per day tickets / season pass (All 9 to 10 days). Considering this years inflation and slowdown, here are ticket rates in Mumbai for 4 major Navratri mandals, Each at discounted prices to take care of crowd and fulfill the event cost.
- For 2013 Falguni Pathak sings at Mangal Entertainment (Ghatkopar) : Season pass rates (Rs.3500), Previous Year was (Rs.4500)
- Kora Kendra ticket rates at Mumbai’s North Suburb, Borivali are (Rs.2700) compare to previous years (Rs.3200)
- Ghatkopar’s yet another Mandal called ‘Versatile Navratri’ has a cheap rate of (Rs.500) only which was same previous year.
- Western Suburbs Akanksha Navratri Mandal at Kandivali (next station to Borivali) started festival dance this year with season pass costing (Rs.2000)
Technology and social media is playing a major role to attract new customers to famous mandals, They are putting up WI-Fi connections costing about more than a Lakh so that people can immediately click and upload photos of group and selfies on famous social networking websites like facebook, twitter and whatsapp.
Other Famous Places for Navratri Dandiya and Garba
- Among above mentioned places like Sports complex at Malad Link Road West , Kora Kendra at Borivali West and Chitrakoot Ground at Andheri West other famous navratri dance locations are Ghatkopar Gujrati Samaj Dandiya Festival, Shobhagya Park Near Kandivali Station Opposite Sona Talkies, Juhu tulip star at Juhu tara road Mumbai, Jasodha Rang Mandir behind Bhaidas Hall Vile parle (W) and Police Hockey Ground which is opposite Kukreja Palace, VB Lane Extension, Ghatkopar (East).
Navratri Garba Dandiya Dance and Other Videos
Garbo at Home
Kid Dancing inside Navratri Pandal
Sarvajanik Navratri Utsav in City
Navratri Dandiya Garba Stage For Singers
Aarti Ritual Daily
Mumbai Style Dance
Dandiya Garba Dance Steps 1
Dandiya Garba Dance Step 2
Dandiya Garba Dance Step 3
Famous Dandiya Public Venue Kora Kendra