“One of the only free public libraries of Mumbai, People’s Free Library is open to all located at Dhobi Talao, Marine lines, Mumbai..”
Started during 1845 formerly known as Bombay Native General Library it got its new name People’s Free Public Library of Mumbai when it was merged with N M Wadia Library in 1891. During old times a Gujarati gentleman named ‘Damodur Gordhandas Sookhdwala’ donated his property at Dhobi Talao to set up this public library which has lots of old collections like Magazines, Novels and newspapers during ancient British times. It also has lots of Biographies and Philosophies books, But mostly students and public now are interested in Novels in this reading place.
Library Timings and Charges
UPDATED / LATEST Charges and Timings
Students Fees : Fees for Students Corner are updated to Rs.200 Per month, Rs.500 For 3 Months (Quarterly) and Rs.1000 for Six Months.
Lifetime Membership : Lifetime Book reading membership are charged Rs.1500/- and Similarly lifetime charges for Magazine reading are Rs.500.
Library Timings : For Students Weekdays timings are 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM, Sundays and Public Holidays are 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM. For Books and Magazine reading its 8:00 AM to 12:00 Noon Only.
OLD / PREVIOUSLY : The timings of Free library is 8:00 am to 7:00 pm in weekdays and 8:00 am to 12:00 noon during holidays with a nominal charges of Rs.80 per month with an accommodating small seating room for readers. One can also opt for Fees of Rs.250 for lifetime membership.
Address and How to Reach This Free Library
So where is this library located at Dhobi Talao ? Its very near to Metro Cinema at Marine Lines Station (East) location. So in western railway route, get down at Marine lines station (2nd station from churchgate) and walk for 5 minutes to reach this library.
See also : List of Public Private Libraries in Mumbai.
- Movie Theatres Ticket Rates – Mumbai Cinema Theatres Ticket Prices 1,114 views
- Home Residential Address Of Bollywood Actors Celebrities Stars – Mumbai 806 views
- Mumbai Metro Trains – Routes | Timetable | Fares | Stations | Tickets 416 views
- Picnic Spots Near Mumbai – Overnight and One Day Picnic Spots. 360 views
- Mumbai Traffic Rules 2017 – Road Safety and Traffic Signs 357 views
- Telephone Directory – MTNL Mumbai Directory Services 321 views
- How to Get Vehicle Registration and Owner Details Via SMS – Mumbai 307 views
- Wet N Joy Water Park at Lonavala Near Mumbai 265 views
- Grant Road Station Attractions – Mumbai 253 views
- Chor Bazaar – Mumbai Second Hand Product Bazaar and Stolen Thieves Market 229 views