“J N Petit is One of the oldest and famous libraries since 1856, Located at fort is one of the must visit for reading various books..”
One of the not so famous (unknown libraries of Mumbai) J N Petit library located at D.N Road in Fort is one of its kind for those who like reading rare collection of books in a natural environments of sun light and air. This library was established in 1856 by a group of parsi students studying in Elphinston college of Mumbai with donation help by Bai Dinbai Nesserwanjee Petit amounted Rs.2.50 lakhs, A huge amount of that time.
This is one of the membership paid libraries of Mumbai with just startup fee’s of Rs.845 valid for 3 months which includes a refundable deposit of Rs. 300. Then the regular quarterly charges are just Rs.180 (i.e Monthly Rs.60 only) for a door opening to information world of this library.
Specialty of this J.N Petit library is that is has a very old style natural reading environments for members like Colorful designed glasses in window, Old time heavy fans, Iron pillars etc. It is said by some one that the higher the height of ceilings the better it is because the thinking level and information reading acceptance level is more compared to others. And seating of about 450 members is real good space.
Address of J N Petit Library
Walkable distance from Churchgate station, Near HSBC Bank.
Other Libraries In Mumbai
- David Sassoon Library established in 1870
- The Mumbai University Library, Since 1857
- Old Asiatic Society Library
- Dhobi Talao Library
- British Council Library
- H.D.Kanga Memorial Sports Library
- Bhagini Samaj Children’s Library
- K R Cama Oriental Institute Library
- Maharashtra State Digital Library
Details : For other free, public and membership libraries as detailed above refer List Of Libraries.
- Home Residential Address Of Bollywood Actors Celebrities Stars – Mumbai 689 views
- Mumbai Traffic Rules 2017 – Road Safety and Traffic Signs 628 views
- Telephone Directory – MTNL Mumbai Directory Services 605 views
- Mumbai Metro Trains – Routes | Timetable | Fares | Stations | Tickets 426 views
- Online Appointment For Learner License – RTO Mumbai 394 views
- Grant Road Station Attractions – Mumbai 386 views
- How to Get Vehicle Registration and Owner Details Via SMS – Mumbai 384 views
- Mumbai Zoo at Byculla Called Veer Jijamata Udyan 349 views
- Movie Theatres Ticket Rates – Mumbai Cinema Theatres Ticket Prices 330 views
- Chor Bazaar – Mumbai Second Hand Product Bazaar and Stolen Thieves Market 298 views