“Auto fares in Mumbai is a history as things got digital and no more meter tempering, Still the information and reference. Auto Rickshaw fares are 100% digitized in Mumbai City including Western and Central suburban areas. So not to worry about calculating the exact fares like we used to do before. The updated information about auto fares are that just understand what are the starting / minimum cost as meter turns ON and what are the fares per kilometer next, That it. Below are the updated details of same detailing Auto tariff, Minimum fares and rates per subsequent kilometres travelled. But since half decade now, The 100% fare hike is something which was never thought of and seen in any other means of transport but about a lakh and more Auto’s running on CNG fuel.”
Since 3rd quarter of last year, i.e September and October 2012 state transport authorities have made it compulsory to digitize all Auto Meters and Tariff be calculated automatically, Their were events when new meters were found tempered, But as of sate no such cases are occurring as licenses and permits get cancelled upon heavy penalties of cheating customers like they were doing with wrong printed tariff previously. Lets have a looks at both Old and New rates and check what exactly one should look at while traveling in Mumbai Autos.
Updated Fares (We No More Update Fare Section) : Rs.1 is the fare hike again, Starting date 1st June 2015. Auto union of Mumbai reasoned this hike as the lifestyle cost getting higher in city and auto drivers not able to coping up with so low fare (According to them). With minimum starting cost, Auto will also see increase from about 11 Rupees 33 paise to 12 rupees an 18 paise hike for every subsequent kilometre (1.5). Commuters are very upset with the ongoing fare hikes with the persistent problem of refusal and finding still not re-calibrated meters.
Auto Fare History
|Date and Year||Minimum Fare (Rs./Paise)||Amount (Rs./Paise) Per Kilometer After|
|1st April 1977||1||50 Paise|
|27th June 1980||1 Rupee 30 Paise||63 Paise|
|18th March 1985||2 Rupees 20 Paise||1 Rupee 10 Paise|
|21st march 1990||3 Rupees||1 Rupee 65 Paise|
|4th July 1996||6 Rupees 50 Paise||3 Rupees|
|7th October 2000||8 Rupees||4 Rupees 25 Paise|
|1st February 2004||9 Rupees||5 Rupees|
|25th June 2010||11 Rupees||6 Rupees 50 Paise|
|1st June 2015||18 Rupees||12 Rupees (Approximate)|
10 Pre-Calculated Charges For Digital Auto Meters
|Note : Above are just 10 random sample units (Actual rates) for previous year 2012.
|Meter Units||Travel Distance (KM)||Day Fares (Rs.)||Night Fares (Rs.)|
Other Fares and Travel Details
- Night Time charges are higher then day, Time Starts at Mid-Night 00:00 till early hours 5:00 AM.
- For any complaints related to Autos like refusals, tempered meters for gaining excess charges one can call up RTO department on toll free number 1800220110.
- Luggage charges in Auto are Rs.6/-
- Traffic police control Room can be reached at +91-22-24937746 / 47 / 55.
- If you planned to take a cab (AC or Non AC) here are fares.
- Want a more cheaper fare mean of travel option ? BEST bus fares are the best.
- Also keep a note that Auto Don’t ply on Meter system in far north suburban location at Virar and Vasai. They charges fixed rate at destinations.
- Home Residential Address Of Bollywood Actors Celebrities Stars – Mumbai 2,196 views
- Movie Theatres Ticket Rates – Mumbai Cinema Theatres Ticket Prices 1,306 views
- Mumbai Traffic Rules 2017 – Road Safety and Traffic Signs 671 views
- Mumbai Metro Trains – Routes | Timetable | Fares | Stations | Tickets 631 views
- Picnic Spots Near Mumbai – Overnight and One Day Picnic Spots. 567 views
- How to Get Vehicle Registration and Owner Details Via SMS – Mumbai 547 views
- Telephone Directory – MTNL Mumbai Directory Services 483 views
- Grant Road Station Attractions – Mumbai 454 views
- Chor Bazaar – Mumbai Second Hand Product Bazaar and Stolen Thieves Market 419 views
- Wet N Joy Water Park at Lonavala Near Mumbai 416 views