“An article which will help Mumbai people travelling in BEST buses and mistakenly left behind baggage, luggage and other items which goes to Lost and Found department at Wadala..”
Quick Look : [ Updates ]
So whom to contact when you lost you luggage in BEST buses ? Its the BEST Wadala Depot and the contact number is : 022-24128596 (Number might change with times). But yes BEST has decided to penalize people for this forgetfulness for sundry items they will charge Rs.10 when you are asking back for your luggage, For Valuable items charges will be Rs.50 and for Cash lost in bus you will suffer an amount of 12.5 % of total. The belongings will be given back to you upon proper verifications.
So who takes care of your lost items and take it to Wadala bus Depot ? Its Mr. bus conductor who checks the bus upon reaching destination and keep the lost belongings of commuters with properly Tagged with Date, Time and Route where it was found submitting it to Wadala Depot. So where is Wadala Depot ? Its Opposite Ambedkar College. (See Also Fares)
Adding on to the updates, A helping article by Times of India (Somit Sen) on 17th June 2016 has some information worth this post update and will sure help you. As said commuters often forget in hurry or being little careless adds load to Lost + Found department of BEST, top articles as reported are Food and Grocery, Cash, Laptop Tablets and mobile phones (Oh i thought being busy on such is reason to forget), Jewellery (Shocking), Sunglasses, Camera (Still carrying ?), Books, Umbrella (Might be feeling like enjoying rain) and medicines (Are you okay now ?) .. Lol, this is Mumbai and anything can happen not just in Bus but also same happens in local trains on Western and Central routes.
Below is the amount of cash statistics till date which i found in one of the leading newspapers that can be helpful.
|Year||Lost + Found Amount (INR)||Claimed Articles Amount||Unclaimed Articles Amount|
|2009-2010||9.26 Lakh||6.08 Lakh||3.17 Lakh|
|2010-2011||10.82 Lakh||4.06 Lakh||6.77 Lakh|
|2011-2012||10.26 Lakh||3.67 Lakh||6.59 Lakh|
|2012-2013||15.81 Lakh||7.55 Lakh||8.26 Lakh|
|2015-2016||15.87 Lakh||6.5 Lakh||9.37 Lakh|
- Home Residential Address Of Bollywood Actors Celebrities Stars – Mumbai 847 views
- Mumbai Traffic Rules 2017 – Road Safety and Traffic Signs 704 views
- 9 Colors Of Navratri 2016 to Follow – 9 Days Dress Colors 641 views
- Grant Road Station Attractions – Mumbai 560 views
- Telephone Directory – MTNL Mumbai Directory Services 525 views
- How to Get Vehicle Registration and Owner Details Via SMS – Mumbai 508 views
- Mumbai Metro Trains – Routes | Timetable | Fares | Stations | Tickets 502 views
- Online Appointment For Learner License – RTO Mumbai 478 views
- Chor Bazaar – Mumbai Second Hand Product Bazaar and Stolen Thieves Market 414 views
- Celebrating Gudi Padwa Festival in Mumbai 393 views