“Traveling by Taxi is Mumbai is easy, convenient and fast option. Many types of cabs available here are AC and NON-AC fleets, Radio taxis. Famous ‘Yellow Black’ taxis which is Non-AC regular one’s operates at lowest fares. Another option is to call for Private Fleets Cool Cabs, Many private companies run their own range of AC and Non AC Radio Cabs like Meru Cabs which is one of the oldest and best with competitive fares, others being Tab Cab, Mega Cab, Easy Cabs, Aarya Cabs, Viira Cabs, Book My Cab. To help you further, Below are fare list compare chart with Day and Night rates which details the type of taxi, minimum start fare for minimum distance (Km) and Rates per KM for every unit/km you travel, Waiting charges of individual fleet taxi service providers. Hope below updated chart will help you to easy decide and rent a taxi from anywhere in Mumbai (Including Airports).”
Updated Taxi Fares 2015
With the increasing fare of Autos Effective 1st June 2015, Taxi fares are getting up effective May End 2015 (Tentatively). Radio cabs (Fleet Taxis) see’s 4 fold minimum fare based on considering minimum of 4 km as distance (Instead of 1 km previously). With current minimum Rs.27 spent of this fleet trasport of Mumbai, People have to spend minimum of Rs.90 which is really very high. This time the updated fares considers the cost of car and depending on same the charges will be levied to commuters. Below is the existing fare chart.
Existing Radio Taxi Fares
- Fleet taxi cost till Rs.5 Lakhs will have minimum charges of Rs.25 (For 1.6 Kilometers) and Rs.18 for every next Kilometer.
- Taxi costing between 5 lakh till 8 Lakhs will charge minimum amount of Rs.29 to commuters with Rs.20 on every next distance.
- If more luxurious taxi costing till 12 lakhs the one needs to pay minimum Rs.30 with Rs.23 for every other km.
- If you hire a more costly taxi costing anything above Rs.12 lakhs then Rs.32 will be the minimum cost applied and Rs.25 for every further.
So, with the updated implemented fares, For below 8 lakh fleet taxi, It will be minimum Rs.90 with Rs.22 for every next kilometer (4 Km will be the minimum calculated here even passenger travels less then 4 km). Like the above fare chart, now if the taxi is costing between 8 to 12 lakhs the minimum fare will be Rs.100 with Rs.25 subsequently per km.
That said, the branded taxi’s like Ola, Tab cab and Uber etc got a beautiful business opportunity in travel industry as the basic yellow an black taxi’s minimum cost of Rs.21 goes higher compared to Private tourist cool cabs that can be booked via Android and Iphone Apps, which is Rs.9 to Rs 12 for Air conditioned and Rs.8.50 to Rs.11.50 for (Non-AC) car taxi’s like Innova, Indica, Maruti Swift Dzire and Etios. Lets understand the difference in prices, cheapest cool cab, best radio fleet taxi in below table.
Up Next Taxi Charts to Compare
|Public Transport Vehicle||Minimum Fare (Rs.) INR||Fare For Every Subsequent Kilometer|
|Black and Yellow Non Ac Taxis||22 (Night Charges Rs.28)||14.84|
|Note : Cool Cabs charges will be 25% Extra Compared to Above Taxi|
|Fleet Taxis (Costing 8 Lakhs and Below)||90||22|
|Fleet Taxis (Between 8 to 12 Lakhs)||100||25|
|App Based AC and NON AC Taxis (TabCab, BookMyCab etc)||Starts at Rs.9 Per KM||Same as above|
|Private Aggregators (Taxi For Sure, Uber, Ola etc)||Between Rs.100 to 200 for 4 to 6 km||Rs.15 to 21|
|17 Seater Fleet Taxi||19 (AC), 15 (Non-AC)||Same as above|
|27 Seater Fleet Taxi||34 (AC), 22 (Non-AC)||Same as above|
|45 Seater Fleet Taxi||44 (AC), 34 (Non-AC)||Same as above|
|Auto Rickshaws||18 (Starting 1st June 2015)||12.18|
Conclusion : Hope you got an idea on which one suits your travel requirement, cheaper with best low cost taxi options, Private / Tourist taxi options, Lowest cost Non Ac Taxi Options. In this run the Iphone and Android App based cabs available for booking seems to win the race by giving more of good service, safety and luxury to local and tourist commuters at lower cost.
Latest Updated Radio Cabs and Local Taxi Fares Rates
Updated : November 2013 Please Note that taxi rates (including Radio Cabs and Private Fleets) changes every now and then (Including regular yellow black taxis), We do update this list and provide the latest rates that apply. Yet consider this as a approximate fares which will sure give you perfect travel calculating idea.
|Taxi / Cab
|Starting Fare (Rs.) Day Time||Starting Fare (Rs.) Night Time||Minimum Start Distance
|Rate After 1 (KM) Day Time||Rate After 1 (KM) Night Time||Day
(Rs. Per Hour/
(Rs. Per Hour/
|Yellow Black Regular Taxi||19||23||1.60||12.35||12.35||Nothing Fixed (Talk and Bargain)||Nothing Fixed (Talk and Bargain)|
|Meru Cabs||27||33.75||1||20||25||2 (Per Minute)||2.5 (Per Minute)|
|TabCab||27 (30 For Gold Taxi)||33.75 (37.50 For Gold Taxi)||1||20 (23 For Gold)||25 (28 For Gold)||2 (Per Minute)||2.5 (Per Minute)|
|Mega Cabs||27||27 + 25% Extra||1||20||20 + 25% Extra||30 (Per Hour)||30 (Per Hour)|
|Easy Cabs||69||86.25||3||23||28.75||30 (Per hour)||30 (Per Hour)|
|Aarya Cabs||27||NA||1||15||15||30 (Per Hour, Starting 15 Minutes Waiting Charges Free/Discounted)||Same as Daytime.|
|Viira Cabs (Special Taxi Services For Women)||28||37||1||21||28||100 Per Hour||same a day Charges (NOTE : Gents allowed Only if with family. )|
|Book My Cab (Non-AC)||200||200 + 25% Extra||1||12.50||12.50 + 25% Extra||1.25 per minute||1.25 per minute|
|Book My Cab (AC)||250||250 + 25% Extra||1||15.50||15.50 + 25% Extra||1.55 per minute||1.55 per minute|
More Important Information About Taxi Travel
- Yellow Black regular taxis charges 25% extra during Nights.
- Night timings are 00:00 (Mid Night) till Morning 5:00 Am.
- Road distance covered by Taxi’s (KM) can be known here.
- Mumbai do have share a taxi concept which helps you have enough money and travel cheap.
- Contact Taxi Lost + Found in case you left your belongings while traveling in city. Contact number we got as of 2009 are 022-23078409 and 022-23078414.
- Taxi fares applies within town limits, i.e Between Churchgate and Mahim in western route, Also includes CST area.
- For Taxi Refusal (Mumbai Region) call RTO Toll Free : 1800220110, Alternately here are details
- For Taxi Refusal (Thane District Region) call RTO Toll Free : 1800225335
- Cheaper and Alternate to taxi is Bus Fares.
- Home Address Of Bollywood Stars – Mumbai Residential Address Of Celebrities Film Stars 1,279 views
- Wet N Joy Water Park Lonavala Near Mumbai 1,250 views
- Picnic Spots Near Mumbai | Overnight and One day Picnic Spots. 1,241 views
- Solanpada Jambrung Dam and Waterfall at Karjat Near Mumbai 948 views
- Grant Road Station Attractions – Mumbai 708 views
- Mumbai Traffic Rules – Road Traffic Signs 656 views
- Online Appointment For Learner License – RTO Mumbai 640 views
- Movie Theatres Ticket Rates – Mumbai Cinema Theatres Ticket Prices 544 views
- MHADA Homes – The Only Low Cost Home Option in Mumbai 520 views
- Mumbai Metro Trains Travel – Routes | Timetable | Fares | Stations | Tickets 465 views