New in Mumbai ? What Things to Know – Here is a Checklist Guide
“New city is equal to many questions, Mumbai is not an exception. Below is a small checklist to follow if you are new to Mumbai city, its a handy city guide that will help you with what things one must know about the place to get start with..”
Checklist For New Comers in Mumbai
- Residential Proof : Most important thing, get your address proof changed. Any important legal process will need your residential proof (Rented or Permanent address).
- Railway Network : To guide you easy and understand in simple way, check out the Railway map of Mumbai first, there are 3 main local railway routes which are Western, Central and Harbour.
- City Geo : Understand whats the difference between staying in town area and western/eastern suburbs. For those new here, you need to understand Mumbai’s lifeline local train network, just understand that town area is the oldest commercial / residential hotspot from where Mumbai started, means From Churchgate (including colaba, nariman point etc) till bandra on western route, then after that is called suburb from bandra till borivali and dahisar, then comes the far north stations from Dahisar till Virar which is the last stop. Same way eastern suburb locations like thane, chembur, ghatkopar etc.One more important point to note is that almost every station here has two locations EAST and WEST listed on every postal address with pincodes, that helps and guides to reach easily.
- Travel Options : Next you need to know is the travel options here, which are Local Trains (Used by major crowd to commute daily for job etc), Auto and Taxi, Bus for small distances. Keep this mobile utilities handy that will help during travel, here is for auto taxi fare, local train timetable. One more important note for new travelers, the BRTS Ac buses are awesome that runs till suburbs. Also refer our distance calculator that will help u calculate city road distances.
- Language : Next important think you should know is the way people around you communicate, basically hindi and marathi language is what you will listen, still understand the slangs you can listen from by passers.
- Currency and Money : Not just in Mumbai, New comers are always confused in the way money/currency is handled while shopping or in restaurants. Although if you are from with in India, its not a challenge, But if you are coming here as tourist or changed resident from outside India, Understanding currency is Important.
- Accommodation Options : Mumbai adjusts all pockets, From star hotels to small guest houses, boarding options and paying guests every things is available.
- Commercial Locations : Almost every location has working options in city, Yet for those who are new to Mumbai, needs to know which are those few locations if you are hunting job in Mumbai. Nariman Point (Nearest station is Churchgate), Bandra Kurla Complex (Starting Western Suburb), MIDC and SEEPZ at Andheri (East), Link Road Andheri (West). Linking Road Malad which has major call centers, Famous inorbit mall and other companies.
- Entertainment : Now as you get used to this city and little bored after busy routines, you will look out for some entertainment options and here is the guide to latest weekly movies in city, list of cinema theaters, discos etc.
- News Updates : Although every other news channel and news papers will keep you updated on happening in Mumbai city, this one news headline page will sure help.
- More : Every other day you will need something or other information about city, and so is our website to help and guide people who are new in city. Use the search box and keep moving everyday.