“Sometimes its costly to buy some books just to read as an hobby. Yet Mumbai has everything that people wants, the second hand book shops that cost you half or 50 to 60% of the original price of brand new books are available in city. These books stores are known for its buy and sell transaction for used books, or as we say second sale. Lets check out which places in Mumbai they are located and their books types specialty..”
Types of Second Hand Books
Major types of books are available for sale in below listed book stores. Apart from selling books, this shops also purchase or buy second hand books all over Mumbai. This becomes handy to those hobby book readers and those professionals who don’t want to make big hole in pocket, as words are all the same written in both new or old books. Just need to check if the pages are not torn or missing, or few words are not washed off by water or tea spilled on book. Here are some types of books available that may range from Rs.30 to Rs.100 up to 300, which are almost half or less of the original books cost :
- Second hand books for computers like Operating systems like Microsoft Windows, Linux, Software’s, programming languages like C, C++, Java, Mobile Applications and more.
- Children comics, art work, and books that can be used in Nursery, Preschool (Kindergarten) and ECCE etc for teachers too. Second hand Fiction books are also available are few of the stores that attracts kids.
- Fiction and Non Fiction related to health, beauty along with related magazines.
- Fashion magazines, Health and Fitness related books along with Indian Literature etc.
- Some of the rare old books can also be found at affordable rate here, its like getting a gem of knowledge at affordable price at this shops.
- Books related to philosophy, specially for females, physically challenged children/adults and others that related to cinema and Bollywood magazines kind.
- Higher studies books like MBA, MCA, GMAT for specialized career are also available in cheaper price.
- If you are from those who loves to read Romantic novels, Love Stories then you get the best deals.
- If CID, Crime story reading is your hobby and fun and not those how to get success in life, art of winning kind of which are used by major institutes, network marking etc then those books are also available here.
- Books on Mumbai city that details and shows old Mumbai story with picture and also on Mythology stories are available.
Address Contacts and Location
- Fort : J Botawala Chambers, Sir P M Road, Contact : 022-22164060 (South Mumbai)
- Churchgate : Friends Bookstall, Opposite MTNL Office, Oriental Building, M G Road, Fort, South Mumbai, Pincode 400001, Contact : +91-9769784919.
- Marine Lines : Royal Book Shop, 645/Jambulwadi, JSS Road, Jambul Wadi, Dhobi Talao, Landmark : Near Metro Cinema Hall, South Mumbai, Contact : +91-22-22069699, +91-22-22095845.
- Kalbadevi (Charni Road) : 526/ Kalbadevi, The New and Second Hand Book Shop. Contact : 022-22013314
- Dadar : Jagdishwar Book Store, Shop 11, Deobai Lane, Near Azad Ranade Road, Dadar (West), South Mumbai, Contact : +91-9594655230
- Mahim : Victoria Book Centre, L J Road, Shop is located between Victoria School of Mahim and Sitladevi temple. Contact : 022-24472468
- Bandra : Ambika Old Paper Library and Book Shop, Pali Naka, Ambedkar Road, Bandra West, Land Mark :Behind SBI, Opposite Zig Zag Road. Contact : 9833552155 (Mumbai Suburb)
- Vile Parle : Parle Book Store, 22/Seva Sadan, D J Road, Vile Parle (West), Mumbai 400056. Landmark : Near Mc Donalds, Contact : +91-22-26140981, +91-22-26188389.
- Vile Parle : Fortune Book Store, Near Rasraj Restaurant, Vile Parle West. Contact : Not Available.
- Andheri : Book Point, Andheri West, J P Road. (Mumbai Suburb)
- Andheri : 5/City Book Centre, Sukhamani Building, S V Road, Andheri West, Land Mark : Near Archie’s Gift Shop. Contact : 022-65532739
- Borivali : Jayant Book Store, Shop 3, First Floor, Thakkar Shopping Mall, Opposite Railway Station, S V Road, Borivali (West) (Western Suburb Mumbai), Contact : +91-22-28330994.