“State’s FDA (Food and Drug Administration) got strict and have banned products categories as Gutkha and Paan masala which contains tobacco, magnesium carbonate and nicotine which is highly unhealthy for human health. Effective 20th July 2012, Fines and Jail for those manufacturing and selling such products..”
Quick Look : [ About Banned Paan Masala and Gutkha in Maharashtra ], [ Penalties and Fines For Selling Gutkha Products ], [ Details On Gutka Seized in Mumbai ], [ Consumer Guidance & FDA Helplines to Complain About Sellers ], [ Updates ]A Healthy Step Banning Unhealthy Gutkha
Many government organizations and probably NGO’s will support and keep and eye on the sellers and manufacturers of Paan masala’s at those local Paan Shop and other stores around Mumbai who sells tobacco products which creates mouth cancer and makes city unhygienic and dirty with red stops spitted all around in public places. Police along with transport department and municipal corporations have joined hands to stop any active elements moving around with such products.
Gutkha is a tobacco product which is a addictive habit to eat many times a day, People get similar satisfaction like smoking as it contains nicotine, tobacco and magnesium carbonate, all very unhealthy for human body. According to news and global adult survey on consumption of tobacco, Maharashtra is on top ranking when it comes to consuming paan masala where 43% of men and 19% of women in adult category consumes and are addicted and some what similar is the death ration when it comes to death of men and women by tobacco cancer. Our Maharashtra state earns about rupees 100 crores in tax revenue income solely from gutkha and paan masala products, such is the tobacco industry of Rs.300 crore business in the state, and i am sure Mumbai will the top city in the state for such a huge contribution.
Another great move in January 2013 was the banned of tobacco and gutka products in BEST buses of Mumbai. This is one of the required move to keep the city clean and hygenicGutkha Paan Masala Selling Fines Penalties
One if found selling any kind of such products will be facing penalties starting Rs. 25000 to Rs. 200000 and/or Jail upto 6 Months, A Real good news and healthy fine. Now how can we help our government and authorities like police and Consumer guidance society to help with the BAN ? Below are the Helpline numbers for same.Gutka Tobacco Seized by FDA in Mumbai
Upon ban on such products, FDA still found Tobacco products getting into city, Leading newspapers recently detailed the same and below is the seizure details.
Trains that carry gutkha were checked and long distance trains like Mumbai Firozpur Janta Express, Pushpak Express coming from Lucknow to CST, August Kranti Rajdhani Express coming from New Delhi to Mumbai Central, Udyan Express from Bangalore to CST found ferrying tobacco products carried by unknown source.
|Seizure Date||Gutkha Worth||Seized From|
|18th December 2012||3.5 Lakhs||CST|
|21st December 2012||10.7 Lakhs||CST|
|22nd December 2012||14.17 Lakhs||CST|
|23rd December 2012||2.38 Lakhs||CST station|
|24th December 2012||5 Lakhs||Mumbai Central|
|3rd January 2013||5.25 Lakhs||Mumbai Central|
- FDA helplines : 022 – 26591249 / 26592207
- FDA Toll Free Contact : 1800-112100
- Consumer Guidance Society Toll Free : 1800-222262
- Home Residential Address Of Bollywood Actors Celebrities Stars – Mumbai 847 views
- Mumbai Traffic Rules 2017 – Road Safety and Traffic Signs 704 views
- 9 Colors Of Navratri 2016 to Follow – 9 Days Dress Colors 642 views
- Grant Road Station Attractions – Mumbai 560 views
- Telephone Directory – MTNL Mumbai Directory Services 527 views
- How to Get Vehicle Registration and Owner Details Via SMS – Mumbai 508 views
- Mumbai Metro Trains – Routes | Timetable | Fares | Stations | Tickets 502 views
- Online Appointment For Learner License – RTO Mumbai 480 views
- Chor Bazaar – Mumbai Second Hand Product Bazaar and Stolen Thieves Market 416 views
- Celebrating Gudi Padwa Festival in Mumbai 393 views