“After almost 1 year, Matheran Toy train is back in action. Due to technical glitches the 100 year plus running shuttle trains services which runs for 21 km distance taking about 2 hours, runs for 3 Km between Matheran and Aman Lodge and will soon run till Neral (21 km) in 2018. This narrow gauge toy train services have total 12 services in a day compared to 10 toy train services before which runs between Matheran Hill Station and Neral (But as of now till Aman Lodge near Dasturi Car parking). Below are train timings (service schedules) and ticket cost (fares for adult & children) of first class and second class coaches..”
Matheran Toy Train Fast Facts
- When Was Toy Train Started : 15th April 1907.
- Achievements : Listed in UNESCO’s Heritage in 2005.
- Distance Between Neral Station and Matheran : 21 Km
- Station Between : Neral Waterpoint Aman Lodge Matheran
- Time Taken : 2 Hours Approximate.
- Train Attractions : Slow Moving, Deep Valley view, Mini Train seating, 127 Degree Curve where complete train itself can be seen, Monkey along the pathway.
An important point to be noted is that currently this shuttle trains do not run from Neral station and is expected to be running in first quarter of 2018. So one need to reach Dasturi Naka Car Parking area on hills via private vehicles available near Neral station. Dasturi car parking is the same place from where one can park their private car / any vehicle. All vehicles are restricted to this entry gate of Dasturi area from where entry tickets of Rs.50 per person (Adult) and Rs.25 (Children) has to be taken too.
This beautiful mini Toy train has total of 4 second class coaches, 2 First class Coaches, 1 Parcel van and 1 guard brake van. Total of 6 trains services from Aman Lodge till Matheran station. It is a 25 Minutes slow ride of lesser than 30 to 40 Km/Hour (Approximate). First train in morning from Aman Lodge starts at 9:25 AM and reaches top at 9:50 AM. Updated time table for all trains as detailed below.
Aman Lodge to Matheran Station
- 09:25 AM
- 10:35 AM
- 11:45 AM
- 13:35 PM (1:30 in Afternoon)
- 14:45 PM (2:30 in Afternoon)
- 16:15 PM (4:30 in Afternoon), (This train Do not run on Wednesday).
Matheran Station to Aman Lodge
- 08:50 AM (This train Do Not run on Thursday).
- 10:00 AM
- 11:10 AM
- 13:00 PM (1:00 in Afternoon)
- 14:10 PM (2:10 in Afternoon)
- 15:30 PM (3:30 in Afternoon)
Shuttle Train Ticket Fares (Cost Per Person)
The Revised toy train fares will be Rs.300 (Adults) and Rs.180 (Children) for first class compartment and Rs.40 (Adults) and Rs.30 (Kids) for second class coaches.
You might also like to know about one more toy train in Mumbai. It is Vanrani, a mini train at Borivali National Park. Also know about the upcoming ropeway here.
- Navi Mumbai Maha ESeva Kendra Aadhaar Centres Address Contacts
- Vashi Panvel Slow Trains – Mumbai Local Trains Timetable
- Andheri Virar Trains – Mumbai Local Trains Timetable
- RTO License Process Documents and Charges – Mumbai Maharashtra
- Railway Station Names in Mumbai – Western Central Harbour Stations
- Home Residential Address Of Bollywood Actors Celebrities Stars – Mumbai
- Jivdani Temple On Mountain of Virar – Jivdani Devi North Mumbai
- Khopoli CST Fast Trains – Mumbai Local Trains Timetable
- Panvel CST Slow Trains – Mumbai Local Trains Timetable
- Churchgate Andheri Slow Trains – Mumbai Local Trains Timetable