“Below is complete list and guide to famous one day picnic spots located in and near Mumbai with road distance and pictures coming up. Also few Overnight places which have cool and pleasant climate with attractions of Mountains and Hill stations like Lonavala, Khandala, Matheran, Mahableshwar (Majorly all Monsoon Spots), Bhimashankar via Manchar, Raigad Rope-Way, Daman, Dapoli, Aurangabad, Murud Janjira, Harihareshwar, Ratnagiri, Ajanta Ellora, Alibaug, Saguna Baug, Bhandardara, Kashid, elephanta caves (All spots being near Mumbai) with details like Hotels and resorts near, famous locations and sight seeing, travel and transportation options, best time to visit all picnic spots. Also if someone planning for one night (overnight) picnic its best places are listed below..”
Hill Station Picnic Spots
- Lonavala & Khandala Hill Stations : (Best Picnic Spot Near Mumbai for people who like Waterfalls, Greenery, Mountains and Have Fun).
- Mahabaleshwar Hill Station : (One of the old and famous hill station picnic spot with lots of sight seeing spots for at least 2 to 3 days and overnight stay to adventure and enjoy the scenic mountains, valleys and specially the fresh climate. Don’t miss the fresh strawberries if you here during winter season (November to January/February)
- Matheran Hill Station (Best Overnight Picnic Spot) : (Mumbai’s heritage listed picnic spot where no vehicles are allowed to keep complete Matheran hills pollution free. This spot is ideal for Mountain lovers and cool climate liking people. With low cost traveling, This is among one of the best picnic spots near Mumbai at about 90 Km, Ideal for winters and summer seasons).
- Malshej Ghat : A Special Monsoon Picnic spot near Mumbai at 130 Km. Consider Malshej Ghat as One day picnic if you haven’t booked your room at the only MTDC resort for overnight stay for day or two. Deep snow scenic valley and waterfalls spread all over hilly mountains is what this picnic spot is famous for. Checkout pictures and our famous videos for same.
- Saguna Baug Neral : One of the Pollution Free spot at about 100 Km distance from Mumbai called Malegaon. Saguna Baug is spread over 55 acres natural green land. This can be a very good group picnic spot for those looking for overnight stay.
- Overnight Picnic at Beaches : Some exclusive spots for those looking for beaches for overnight stay in and around Mumbai.
- Raigad Rope Way : (Raigad in Maharashrta is about 120 km from Mumbai and is very famous for Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj museum and this rope way (760 meter long, 420 Meter High). Shivaji Maharaj who has his SAMADHI here and the fort area is a beautiful spot for picnic and sight seeing. Also there are places like Gangasagar Lake, beautiful Sunrise at Walan Kund near Mahad, Takmak Cliff, Jijamata Palace & Jagadishwar Temple around to stay back and check for day or two.
- Bhandardara Picnic Place : (This is a unique Picnic Spot located near ‘Shendi Village’ with lots of greenery, mountains for monsoon trekkers and beautiful nature with peace.)
- AlibaugAbout 97 km from Mumbai is this Village called ‘Alibaug’ famous for its beaches and temples. An ideal location to enjoy various beaches and other scenic for overnight picnic. A beautiful green village experience with clean beaches and few temples like Birla Mandir etc, This place have nice bungalows and Resorts for overnight stay
One Day Picnic Spots
- Keshav Srushti at Mumbai Suburb Bhayander : Inside Mumbai’s at far North western railway suburb is this station called Bhayander at about 40 Km. Be here for a day picnic with school group or others to experience nature with hills, ponds, streams and lotus flowers inside. Feel like inside a village to enjoy your day.
- Elephanta Caves : One of the oldest caves in South Mumbai island, This is a day only picnic spot for those in love of heritage structures and old caves.
- Essel World Amusement Rides Borivali : If you are looking for one day adventure picnic with family and friends with lots of amusement rides in Mumbai, Borivali (suburb) has it for you. Essel world has lots of fun rides for all age.
- Byculla Zoo Picnic : Enjoy Mumbai’s oldest and beautiful Zoo at Byculla near Station. An ideal spot for animal lovers.
- Borivali National Park : A day with nature, jungle, flora and faunas and in the wild. This jungle picnic experience is sure not to be missed if you are in City for few days or a Mumbaikar. One of the largest green forest in asia is one of the most liked spot for picnic too.
- Maharashtra Nature Park : As we citizen say in Hindi ‘Jungle mein Mangal’ which means a super experience in the heart of city itself. MNP as it is famously called is one such place for a day only picnic, highly recommended for school students and for all those bird watchers. Oh Yes, List of bird watching sites and major gardens in Mumbai can be in your list of spots for great day spent.
- Monsoon Picnic Spots : Follow this post for complete details on Monsoon attractions and picnic spots in and near city.
- Ajanta Ellora Caves : (One of the Best Ancient monuments near Mumbai, An historic location, black stone mountains and caves for artworks has shrines cut from rock manually and still exist. A spot ideal for historic lovers of ancient art.)
- Anand Resort Arnala Virar : (Enjoy Arnala beach at Virar with Coconut trees and Beach touch resorts like Anand Resort which has swimming pool, Dj Dance floor, Rain dance options, Gardens which makes up a nice picnic day).
Spots Near Mumbai
Although many of the above spots are near (NOT INSIDE) Mumbai city, Below are some attractive spots which requires traveling and not all are one day ideal locations for picnic.
- Dapoli Near Khed Village : (Dapoli is about 22 kilometers from Khed Village which is 250 Kilometers from Mumbai. An ideal beach side & near nature with caves, forts, water springs and hiking spots. A complete picnic package for overnight stay which is small village side place about 700 to 800 feet above sea level)
- Bhimashankar Temple : (Bhimashankar is Famous For temples with wild life sanctuary where you ca see birds, animals which makes it one of the exciting picnic spot that can be reached from Mumbai, Also you can see Bombay Point, Amba-Ambika, Hanuman Lake, Bhootling etc)
- Daman Jampore Devka Beach Picnic Spots : (Daman is famous picnic spot for beach lovers as there is Jampore and Devka beach at around 192 kilometers from Mumbai via NH8)
- Harihareshwar and Bagmandala Beach for Picnic : (Its a ideal pilgrimage place and a very good picnic place near Mumbai. Sight seeing like Bramhadri & Pushpadri, Harsinachal,in southern Raigad district).
- Murud Janjira beach and fort for Picnic : (A great combination of beach and fort area ideal for picnic and enjoyment, this is one of the famous old places near Mumbai)
I am sure their is lot to be added here, Do contact us below if you want to share your personal picnic experience about any unlisted place below and we will be happy to add your article here.
- Home Residential Address Of Bollywood Actors Celebrities Stars – Mumbai 508 views
- Mumbai Traffic Rules 2016 – Road Traffic Signs 498 views
- Chor Bazaar – Mumbai Second Hand Product Bazaar and Stolen Thieves Market 455 views
- Picnic Spots Near Mumbai | Overnight and One day Picnic Spots. 440 views
- Grant Road Station Attractions – Mumbai 364 views
- How to Get Vehicle Registration and Owner Details Via SMS – Mumbai 272 views
- Online Appointment For Learner License – RTO Mumbai 253 views
- Wet N Joy Water Park Lonavala Near Mumbai 248 views
- Mumbai Metro Trains Travel – Routes | Timetable | Fares | Stations | Tickets 215 views
- RTO License Process Documents and Charges – Mumbai Maharashtra 208 views