“Gateway Of India, Quite near to ‘Apollo Bunder’ is an iconic structure and one of the most visited tourist attraction of South Mumbai. Speciality of Gateway that attracts lots of visitors and tourist daily is that is a Heritage structure since British time and local citizen likes to enjoy the Ferry Boat ride to Elephanta cave and likes hangout at this sea side spot with the beautiful Taj Hotel exactly opposite the Gateway. Lets know more about cities oldest structure like History, Location Address, Map, Some Photos and Videos..”
Gateway (During renovation) shows the beautiful architecture made by Britishers who rules Mumbai for many years. If your have a look at this picture of Old Mumbai, its hows many small boats around as it was a famous port for trade and transportation. It is 26 meter in height, Quite connected to water coast. Gateway structure was a welcome gift for King George V and his Beautiful Queen Mary for their first visit in Mumbai. Three historic icons near Gateway are Hotel Taj, Elephanta Caves and the ferries Boats which takes for a ride to Elephanta. Some more historic places near to Gateway are Famous old Dock Yard of Mumbai, Regal Cinema, Rhythm House, Prince of Wales Museum known for its antique things. Their are lots of other Historic things happened at gateway and still does, Wikipedia has more details about same.
Address Reaching Gateway
Near Apollo Bunder (Colaba, South Mumbai)
By Road : About 26 to 30 Kms from Andheri International Airport which will take about 40 Minutes. For other traveller by Road CST and Churchgate are the nearest stations to keep note of. See Road Distance From Airport
By Train : 20 Minutes Walk-able distance from Churchgate station (Western Railway Route), via Flora Fountain road, or alternately Taxi which takes just few minutes. Another station of Central railway is CST.
Ferries Timings and Price
Elephanta Caves Ride Timings and Charges
Ferry ride at gateway can be done everyday with tickets available at Spot, Timings being morning 9:30 till late evening. Person cost of ferry ride is Rs.55/- which goes to Rs.120/- during holidays, Weekends and Festive Seasons.
Reaching Alibaug Via Mandwa by Ferry and Bus
Fastest way to reach Alibaug from Gateway is via the Ferry ride that takes to Mandwa jetty and then ply a Bus till Alibaug city. Ferry and Bus charges and Schedules below by PNP maritime. Charges being AC : Rs.110/- and U Deck : Rs.110/- as listed on their board. Kindly note this might have got updated.
|Gateway Boat||Mandwa Boat||Alibaug Bus|
|12:15||13:05 (Monday to Saturday)||12:15 (Monday to Saturday)|
|NA||15:05 (Only Sundays)||14:15 (Only Sundays)|
Contact of PNP Catamarans
- Alibaug : 02141-225403
- Mandwa : 02141-237087
- Gateway : 022-22885220 / 022-22885221
More on Ferry Timetable and operators.
Old Picture Of Taj Hotel (1950’s)
- Home Residential Address Of Bollywood Actors Celebrities Stars – Mumbai 835 views
- Grant Road Station Attractions – Mumbai 644 views
- Mumbai Traffic Rules 2017 – Road Safety and Traffic Signs 558 views
- Mumbai Metro Trains – Routes | Timetable | Fares | Stations | Tickets 463 views
- Mumbai Zoo at Byculla Called Veer Jijamata Udyan 402 views
- Chor Bazaar – Mumbai Second Hand Product Bazaar and Stolen Thieves Market 391 views
- Telephone Directory – MTNL Mumbai Directory Services 389 views
- Online Appointment For Learner License – RTO Mumbai 385 views
- Movie Theatres Ticket Rates – Mumbai Cinema Theatres Ticket Prices 362 views
- How to Get Vehicle Registration and Owner Details Via SMS – Mumbai 313 views