“When on tourism and traveling to Bandra, which is famously called the Queen Suburb of City Mumbai because of its Nightlife, Shopping, Places to see, Famous Bollywood residential and more. With one of the highest number of Roman Catholics in location, This place also is resident of many other community people like Hindi, Muslims and Zoroastrian Parsi’s. Known as Mumbai’s Classy location attracting many tourist for specialties attractions and sight seeing, 5 and 7 Star hotels like Taj, Its Nightlife, Great Shopping locations like Hill Road and Linking Road, Promenades like Bandstand which is a very famous lovers point, The famous Worli Sea Link and not so well maintained Reclamation, Eateries and most highlighted those sea facing famous residents of celebrities like Salman Khan (Galaxy Apartment) and Shahrukh Khan’s (Mannat) with fans surrounded every time to get a glance of their stars etc, a reason to visit and see these places. Let understand the best and famous about Bandra taking into consideration Schools, Colleges, Travel and Transportation Options, Tourist attractions, Famous hotels and Restaurants, and some emergency important contacts, Pincodes, Road Map etc..”
Quick Look : [ 12 Tourists Attraction Places ], [ Famous Residential Commercial Locations ], [ Entertainment Options For Tourists ], [ Travel Options ], [ Local Trains Starting from Bandra ], [ Hotels and Restaurants Details ], [ Famous Schools ], [ Famous Colleges ], [ Hospitals in Bandra ], [ Important Contact Numbers ], [ East West Postal Codes ], [ Famous Areas Lanes and Roads ], [ Road Map and Distance From Airport ], [ Pictures and Videos ], [ Updates ]
12 Tourist Attractions
- Lets dig into old times Bandra and we remember Mr Mehboob Khan’s still famous Mehboob Studio, A successful veteran film director who started it in 1954, taking forward the development of Bollywood in 1970 with Bandra’s first recording studio. No doubt in that era also Bandra was very famous and was one of the preferred residential location of the so called Filmi Hasti (Bollywood Celebrities) , a buzzing area with film making and all related activities.
- Today, Bandra is known for its Nightlife, Great Lounges, Bars, Lovers Point at Bandstand like Promenades which has Multi-Attractions like already said celebrity homes, Old catholic churches like Mount Mary, Father Agnel all along the road side of Carter road with open sea in front. No to forget Bandra also attracts shoppers, for those branded showrooms with great brands and products for as best shopping options at famous malls like Globus or those street side fun shopping at Linking Road and not to forget mentioning the connected Hill Road. One can always find those beautiful looking hot girls and women around in trendy outfits for shopping clothes, bags, accessories and more, Or just hangout with buddies.
- Another famous old attraction being the Bandra talao, Jama Masjid both in West near station, And at few kilometers ahead is Joggers Park.
- Somewhere in first week of September, Bandra attracts thousands of tourist and local citizens at Mount Mary church for those 10 days on going Fair.
- Also see the old Parsi Fire Temple, Tata Agiary whenever you are out to see places enjoying the special Beauty treatments, Spa’s, Pubs and Rocking Discos.
- At times their are pet adoption fairs and people enjoy this. Many get attracted to get a new pet at home and if you are lucky visitor of the season, you might like to have a look at the place for pet lovers.
- Bandra Kurla Complex has emerged as one of the leading commercial hub located in East and is always in the list of attractions for major visitors as it has Asia’s biggest diamond bourse and a frequent location for property exhibitions, rock shows, seminars etc. When talking about BKC, let me tell you that the Cycling track here was a huge hype and is now a total flop.
- Another must place to see is Bandstand, Checkout those lovers hand in hand, hugging, kissing and enjoying best of their leisure time behind rocks of the sea, I mean you to enjoy the sunset, cool breeze and sound of sea hitting those rocks. You might like to know about public romancing details of Mumbai. Walk along the Jogging and Walking track of bandstand and you can watch Salmans Home, SRK’s famous Mannat and finally rest at top of the Old Bandra fort looking at the wide open sea and the best scenic of huge Worli Sea Link along the sunset. Oh before i forget to mention, One of the latest attractions of this walking track is the UTV’s walks of Stars which has hand prints and 3 main statues of Bollywood legendary celebrities.
- Don’t forget to see a place called ‘Joggers Park’ as already mentioned, Its a little park with separate Jogging track where the rich and famous of area jogs. A breezy and scenic sea side location, Just couple of Km from Bandstand which has birds, fishes and more of green trees. In fact both this locations can be seen from either side.
- Last but not the least, Take a ride from Bandra to Worli via the huge sea link, You will simply love it. For same you can hire a taxi or travel via public buses (AC and Non AC). You will really enjoy the ride watching the shining sea and those boats when reaching worli.
- Another POSSIBLE upcoming attractions may be Bandra Versova Sea Link was was proposed and not sure if will get into merit list.
- Before winding up with attraction section here, Checkout our previous post on Bandra if we have missed anything here, this will be of real help for you tourists.
Famous Residential Commercial Locations
When it comes to known and famous residential and commercial locations, Bandra has one of the higest commercial rentals at BKC. If not wrong its comes in second or third highest rates list at time i write this. Bandra is also known for places like Family Court, MHADA Office which are government related organizations.
Some of the famous residential locations for rich and famous here are Carter road, Hill Road, Khar Link Road, Location near Joggers Park and Pali Hill which is parallel to Carter Road which is famous for its beautiful old style bungalows and buildings. The area is also connected to Pali village and Pali Naka.
Bandra Village and Chimbai are another famous places one must see while visiting and this locations along with the best viewed Gaonthan location (Old Village Looks) is between the walkable area between Bandstand and Joggers Park.
Bandra has total 10 Cinema halls if you love watching Bollywood films, Of course Hollywood movies are also played, Checkout are list of theaters.
If travel photography is your passion and entertainment, Head to Bandra fort near Taj Lands in West and Get the best view of Mumbai. Checkout the Pictures for more idea on locations.
Nightlife is already detailed in this page so not much to repeat here.
Bus, Taxi, Auto and Local Trains are all options to reach and hangout around here. But since local trains are lifelines let me tell you little more, Bandra Railway Station is located in Western Railway Route and is also Connected to Harbour route. Its is also a Terminus for major state level transport like passenger and outstation express trains located towards East.
One important thing to keep in Mind is that Beyond Bandra (i.e Towards South) auto’s are not allowed. That said, if you want to go to Mahim, Matunga or Dadar and beyond by Road, You need to Hire a Taxi or Cool Cab if not planning for local train travel. For example, If you are at Bandstand, the autos will straight say NO as they are not allowed beyond.
Local Trains Starting From Bandra
- Bandra Churchgate Slow
- Bandra Borivali Slow
- Bandra Bhayander Fast
- Bandra Vasai Slow
- Bandra Virar Slow
- Bandra CST Slow
Hotels and Restaurants
As already said Bandra is famous for its eatery and nightlife too. Some of the known places like by Foodies are Alco Market Food Joint Hill Road, Lucky Restaurant S V Road, Raj Sandwich outside National College Near Linking Road, Juice Outlets at Hill Road. Enough of junk food, Lets also know famous nightlife places which are Esco Bar, Global Fusion, Lemon Grass, Sheesha Lounge, Hakkasan, Hawaiian shack, The Big Bang Bar, all located in West. Eat Drink and Have fun rocking the floor late night at places like Royalty, Pulse and Sin city Discotheques.
Before you get high, Understand the drinking rules, drink drive penalties, Just reminding and wishing you safe fun at queens suburb of Mumbai. Coming up to 5 star hotels their are Taj Lands End at Bandstand, Rang Sharda, Grand Residency, Hotel Executive Enclave, Trident and Sofitel near BKC.
- Dhirubhai Ambani International School
- Auxilium Convent High School
- Apostolic Carmel High School
- Arya Vidya Mandir
- Duruelo Convent High School
- Cardinal Gracious High School
- Mount Mary Convent High School
- N.K.S. English Primary School
- St. Anne’s High School
- St. Aloysius High School
- Springfield High School
- St. Andrews High School
- St. Catherine of Sina School
- St. Teresa High School
- St. Stanislaus High School
- The American School of Bombay
- The Bai Awabai Framji Petit Girls High School
- Anjuman Islam Girls High School
- Pali Chimbai Municipal School
- Mount Litera School International, BKC
- Rishi Dayaram National College
- Smt MMK College Of Commerce & Economics
- St Andrews College Of Arts Science & Commerce
- Rizvi College
- Fr Agnel Technical High School & Junior College
- Indian Education Societys College Of Architecture
- Arya Vidhya Mandir
- IES of Architecture
- Asian Institute Of Communication & Research
- Lilavati Hospital And Research Centre
- Mahatma Gandhi Arogya Kendra
- K B Bhabha Hospital
- Shruti Nursing Home Centre For Human Reproduction
- Chandiramani Hospital
- Holy Family Hospital & Heart
Alert Citizen: 91-22-22633333
Police Station: 91-22-22621855 and 91-22-22621983
Public Grievance Service: 1509
- Bandra West
- Gurunanak Marg
- Ali Yavar Jung Road
- S V Road
- B R Ambedkar Road
- Manuel Gonsalves Road
- Krishna Chandra Road
- Ramdas Nayak Road
- Carter Road
- St Sebestian Road
- K C Marg
- Palimala Road
- Rang Sharda
- A K Vaidya Park
- Shanti Hospital
- Mehboob Studio
- Railway Colony
- Pali Hill
- Bandra Railway Station
- Metro Palace
- Bandra East
- Aliyavar Jung Marg
- S D Mandir Marg
- Ram Mandir Marg
- Sharada Devi Road
- Saint Dnyaneshwar Road
- Service Road
- M D Abasaheb Shinde Marg
- Adarsha Lane
- Pipeline Road
- Station Road
- Municipal Play Ground
- Teachers Colony
- Z P Dnyaneshwar Nagar
- Shivaji Garden
- Bandra MMRDA
- Ambedkar Circle Road
- Community Hall
- Kala Mandir
- Drive Inn Theatre
Road Map and Distance From Airport
Road Distance from Mumbai International Airport is 11.5 km which take approximate time of 15 Minutes.
Pictures and Videos
See Picture Gallery for More.
Bandstand Lover’s Point
Salman Khan Home
Sea Link View From Bandra Fort
Bandra Fort Called ‘Castella De Aguada’
- Home Address Of Bollywood Stars – Mumbai Residential Address Of Celebrities Film Stars 796 views
- Movie Theatres Ticket Rates – Mumbai Cinema Theatres Ticket Prices 788 views
- Picnic Spots Near Mumbai | Overnight and One day Picnic Spots. 540 views
- Solanpada Jambrung Dam and Waterfall at Karjat Near Mumbai 507 views
- Grant Road Station Attractions – Mumbai 427 views
- Wet N Joy Water Park Lonavala Near Mumbai 390 views
- Mumbai Traffic Rules 2016 – Road Traffic Signs 318 views
- BEST Bus Fares – Mumbai Latest Revised BEST Pass Rates and Ticket Fares 300 views
- Mumbai Metro Trains Travel – Routes | Timetable | Fares | Stations | Tickets 256 views
- Online Appointment For Learner License – RTO Mumbai 248 views