ALERT !! Please note, According to a Mumbaikar who commented below, This open air bus restaurant service no more exist and has a personal experience of cheating.
“Foodies of city and tourists got another attraction in SOBO city Mumbai. After success in Chennai, the first and new moving cart restaurant bus has started serving meal at cities wide belt of Arabian sea side of South Mumbai location between Marine Drive and Girgaum Chowpatty. Pickup from Hotel Marine Plaza, Serving 3 meals a day is a luxurious bus ride to enjoy your meal with two seating options, Either in upper deck open air OR within lower deck pack AC section of this red colored Double Decker bus. Lets understand how the innovative idea which is liked and promoted by Maharashtra Tourism (MTDC) to attract more tourist and give fun and entertainment option in Mumbai has started and is planned to open in Bandra soon..”
About Moving Cart Mobile Restaurant Bus
Started restaurant in bus (Moving Cart) idea a year back in 2012 at Chennai city, The moving cart was opened to public on 28th Of March 2013 in Mumbai too. This bus runs along the queens necklace at Marine drive taking first turn from Nariman point and goes ahead towards Chopwatty beach taking back the turn from Wilson College. Yes the same chowpatty beach very famous for Ganesh festival visarjan. With 12 different types of meal options as Indian and Continental items on the meal menu, People can select VEGETARIAN (Whole Day) or NON-VEGETARIAN meal (10:00 PM Only) which is pre-cooked and is served 3 time in a day at 1 PM, 7 O Clock in Evening and Lat night 10 PM. One complete fun ride takes 1 hour and 30 minutes which seems that the bus moves very slowly as the total stretch is not more then 2 to 3 km one way.
Specialty of this mobile restaurant is this fun ride along with the tasty meal of your choice at the table on upper deck which is a Open air bus section or at 100% pollution and noise free AC lower deck section of bus. While the lower deck AC section has a great interiors with sofa and one to one dinning table seating with music playlist option, the open air upper deck do give the same options with a fresh cool breeze of Arabian sea which gives a different special feeling of having meal on ride. This bus welcomes online booking and special offers discounts for groups like school, corporates, birthday parties, meetings, kitties, wedding anniversary and private get together events etc.
Soon this company named ‘THE MOVING CART’ may start a similar open air bus ride in Bandra too, Let me guess the best possible place may be Carter Road Bandstand Sea Face or Reclamation ? Hope for the best wishing the company luck for the success in Mumbai.
Ride and Meal Costing
Cost per head for a vegetarian meal which has 12 items of Indian and Continental food will cost Rs.1200 (An Approximate of $22) and similarly Rs.1400 (About $25) for Non Vegetarian food. What do you say about these rates Mumbaikars ? Is that really HIGH, Perfect for such a ride and meal or Can be better ? If you have you already experienced this moving cart ? GIVE YOUR COMMENTS and FEEDBACK BELOW.
Remember, the cost might change with time as this is just a start, and what do you get in reverse after paying this cost is detailed below. 12 items in a meal option of Indian and Continental food along which has Starters, Soups, Mocktail (NOT COCKTAIL), and desserts as of now. Chances are that more of items may be added in future according to the feedback from citizens as this is companies first take in city.
- Vegetarian Indian Food Items List 1 : With Starters like (Tandoori Aloo, Bhutta kebab, Hara Bhara kebab and Cocktail samosa). Main Course includes ( Paneer Kadhai, Latpati subji, Dal Makhani, Jeera Onion Pulao, Tawa Chapatti, Papad, Salad, Gulab Jamun as Sweet with Small Mineral water bottle). Along with Mocktails and Soups.
- Vegetarian Continental Food Items List 2 : With Starters being (Vegetable Quiche, Spinach and Cheese, Croquettes, Paneer Shaslick and Greek salad), Main course are ( Exotic Vegetables Lasagna, Garlic Bread, Mexican Potatoes, Peanut tart, Small Bottle of Mineral water) along with Soups and Mocktails.
- Non-Vegetarian Indian Food List 1 : Starters (Murgh Punjabi Tikka, Mutton Seekh Kebab, Amritsari Fish Fry) and Main course menu being (Chicken lababdar, Kadhai paneer, Dal Makhani, Jeera onion pulao, Tawa Chapatti, Papad,Salad, Gulab jamun, Small Bottle of Mineral water) with Soups and Mocktails.
- Non-Vegetarian Continental Food List 2 : Starters ( Grilled Chicken Shaslick, Fish Finger with Tatar Sauce, Greek Salad, Exotic Vegetable Pie) with Main food items like (Stuffed Spinach, Chicken Breast, Steamed Vegetables, Orange Curd Tart and Small Bottle of Mineral Water).
One of my concerns about meal is that with Jain community people and those who do not eat Non-veg food, Will they be comfortable in AC section of bus eating veg food ? Since, they might feel packed Air Conditioned may be smelling Non Veg food which is definitely a no for 10:00 Pm ride. What do you say ? Hope if some arrangements made it will work out the best.
Advance Booking Contact and Address
Address : The Moving Cart, B/1401, Valenecia Tower, Tukaram Javji Road, Grant Road ( West ), Mumbai – 400007.
Advance Booking Contacts and Inquiries : +91-9702624000.
Hence this page focused on travel tourism, you might like to see more of city attractions and other options too.
- Home Residential Address Of Bollywood Actors Celebrities Stars – Mumbai 818 views
- Mumbai Traffic Rules 2017 – Road Safety and Traffic Signs 786 views
- Mumbai Metro Trains – Routes | Timetable | Fares | Stations | Tickets 584 views
- How to Get Vehicle Registration and Owner Details Via SMS – Mumbai 513 views
- Grant Road Station Attractions – Mumbai 497 views
- Online Appointment For Learner License – RTO Mumbai 472 views
- Picnic Spots Near Mumbai | Overnight and One day Picnic Spots. 427 views
- Chor Bazaar – Mumbai Second Hand Product Bazaar and Stolen Thieves Market 417 views
- Road Offences and Penalty Amounts Fines in Mumbai 2016 292 views
- BEST Bus Fares – Mumbai Latest Revised BEST Pass Rates and Ticket Fares 241 views