“Mumbai First, Yes that’s what we want and is the name of organization working towards betterment of city. The upcoming (Starting approximately by September 2013) Mumbai plaza in south town location is a pedestrian only walk way, a project to enhance, promote and host various cultural activities, music festivals, art works without disturbing and getting disturbed by city traffic, vehicles..”
The attractions of South Mumbai like Jahangir Art Gallery, and others which is also known for its art and cultural activities like Kala Ghoda art festival, Mumbai University, High Court, etc will be the main focus and aim of Museum Plaza project. The pedestrian walk will connect two ends starting from the Art gallery from Kala ghoda till National Gallery of Modern Art near Regal cinema without any disturbance of traffic as they will not be allowed on that pedestrian location.
To make the first cultural hub a success project, BMC (Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation) who is going to implement this very first cultural walkway plaza is working with Road department (Traffic Police) to clear road plans and make required changes, which requires shifting and changes related to bus stops, signals, lighting etc. It is also said that the Museum plaza will look larger then the size of the famous Gateway of India. At this stage, BMC and Traffic police have started working on plans and requirements like complete landscape and pavement plans, How will the traffic be diverted, Realignment of Road Medians, Traffic signals and lights, New taxi stand zone that will be helping citizens and tourists to get to the plaza and out, Shifting of required bus stops to new location, beautifying the museum plaza with lighting, interior furnishing and signage etc.
We hope this pedestrian only walk of Mumbai promotes and attracts more of cultural and art activities and brings a all together new attraction of its kind to city.
- Home Residential Address Of Bollywood Actors Celebrities Stars – Mumbai 883 views
- Mumbai Traffic Rules 2017 – Road Safety and Traffic Signs 798 views
- Mumbai Metro Trains – Routes | Timetable | Fares | Stations | Tickets 498 views
- Grant Road Station Attractions – Mumbai 401 views
- How to Get Vehicle Registration and Owner Details Via SMS – Mumbai 370 views
- Online Appointment For Learner License – RTO Mumbai 348 views
- Picnic Spots Near Mumbai | Overnight and One day Picnic Spots. 314 views
- Chor Bazaar – Mumbai Second Hand Product Bazaar and Stolen Thieves Market 314 views
- Road Offences and Penalty Amounts Fines in Mumbai 2016 288 views
- Movie Theatres Ticket Rates – Mumbai Cinema Theatres Ticket Prices 280 views