“Another less known yet very beautiful monsoon attraction near Mumbai city at distance of about 450 km, located at Aurangabad is the 7 pond waterfall called Saptakunda (Sapta Means ‘SEVEN‘ and Kunda means ‘Pond’), a huge waterfall just behind Ajanta Caves also known as ‘Waghora Waterfall’, which has 7 level of individual circular small ponds via which the water flows before it reaches ‘Waghora River’ beneath. And so this can be called as the not much explored waterfall (Monsoon Picnic Spot), Very near to this UNESCO listed tourist attractions called Ajanta Caves.”
The Pondy Waterfall
As explained, this waterfall is known by both the names ‘Saptakunda’ as well as ‘Waghora’, So better not get confused while traveling or exploring online articles. The very reason this scenic location is still unexplored or unseen or say skipped by major tourist is that it is on other side of Ajanta caves hilly cliff and needs and unusual mountain route to reach. So next time when you visit this historic location near Mumbai, or even if you are first timer, don’t miss to see this place, specially in and few months after Monsoon season to enjoyed the filled view of ponds.
The beauty of this place is the naturally created ponds at every level of this waterfall. During summer, all this ponds are dry and can be seen empty and in rainy days the scenic is an amazing gift from mother nature with hilly green mountains around with rushing water towards the river below. To reach this spot, one need to explore and unsual path and climb the mountain from other way. This point is called ‘Panoramic View Point’ from where Ajanta caves is completely seen. Another beautiful view is this waterfall, so the effort of hiking is worth this view. Get to the nearest location to view the beauty of every pond of this waterfall which finally connects the Waghore river.
- Mumbai Traffic Rules 2016 – Road Traffic Signs 1,040 views
- Home Residential Address Of Bollywood Actors Celebrities Stars – Mumbai 1,015 views
- Picnic Spots Near Mumbai | Overnight and One day Picnic Spots. 508 views
- How to Get Vehicle Registration and Owner Details Via SMS – Mumbai 508 views
- Grant Road Station Attractions – Mumbai 504 views
- Mumbai Metro Trains – Routes | Timetable | Fares | Stations | Tickets 493 views
- RTO License Process Documents and Charges – Mumbai Maharashtra 453 views
- Movie Theatres Ticket Rates – Mumbai Cinema Theatres Ticket Prices 426 views
- Chor Bazaar – Mumbai Second Hand Product Bazaar and Stolen Thieves Market 401 views
- Road Offences and Penalty Amounts Fines in Mumbai 2016 386 views