“To Cut Off with Crowded Local Trains of Mumbai, The alternate fast, robust and convenient solution of Metro Trains connecting Western and Central Suburbs were going to start during January 2014 as Phase 1 (Line 1) of total 3 phases, But got delayed and finally started today 8th June 2014. Below are the updated details about Metro trains Timings (Timetable & Schedules), Stations and Routes, Daily and Monthly Fares ( Pass System etc), Ticketing system, Security features, Technical details and some more details about Mumbai’s first metro rail project..”
Quick Look : [ Andheri Versova to Ghatkopar Metro Timetable ], [ Metro Trains Stations and Routes ], [ Train Fares ], [ Train Ticketing ], [ Metro Train Complete Details ], [ Pictures ], [ Latest Metro Train Videos ], [ Updates ]
Andheri Versova to Ghatkopar Metro Timetable
With the updated news on inauguration day, train will be running every 4 Minutes during peak hours and in a gap of 8 Minutes during non-Peak (Off Office Hours) schedules from morning 5:30 AM till mid night which is about 11.45 PM, We believe people will not need a typical timetable like one for our local trains.
Metro Trains Stations and Routes
LINE 1 Starting January 2014 : Versova – Andheri – Ghatkopar Corridor (Total of 12 stations as listed below)
STARTING Versova (Seven Bungalows, Andheri West)D N Nagar (Andheri West)Azad Nagar (West)Andheri Railway Station (East Side)Western Express High (WEH East)Chakala (East)Airport Road (Connectivity Junction)Marol NakaSaki NakaAsalpha (Connecting Ghatkopar Location)Ghatkopar (West) END.
Updates 8th July 2014 : Till 31st July 2014, Below are Revised Fares
Token Users From Versova Station
- Till D N Nagar Rs.10
- Till Western Express Highway Rs.15
- Till Ghatkopar Rs.20
Same Rates applies for return journey
Smart Card Users From Versova Station
- Till D N Nagar Rs.10
- Till Western Express Highway Rs.15
- Till Ghatkopar Rs.15
- Some more good news as one can opt for a ‘Return Ticket Token’ which has been recently started. Check for ‘RETURN’ written on token coin.
- Rs.5 Only for Childrens During Weekends, Free for kids hight less than 3 Feet.
- If one see’s above rates, Smart cards have been preferred and promoted and journey cost has been kept Rs.5 less compare to token.
- Keep note : Above fares are valid till End of Month July 2014.
Metro fares will be calculated according to the distance (km) with total distance covered being 11.07 KM. Below is the updated fare list as of 8th June 2014. Till date for travel between Andheri to Ghatkopar BEST bus fares (Rs.20) were considered the cheapest compares to Auto fares (Rs.37 to Rs.40). MMRDA has proposed the below fare chart i.e. Metro trains be cheaper then those Autos and Buses up to same distance of 11.07 Km and be charges at Rs.13.
Initial 30 day one way journey is Rs.10 only. If you want to ignore those long queues, get a smart card worth Rs.100 each (10 rides). Please note that only 1 person can use 1 individual card.
|D N Nagar||10||10||20||20||20||30||30||30||30||40||40|
|Chakala JB Nagar||30||20||20||20||10||10||10||20||20||20||30|
See Also : Complete Details of Fares, Review, Usage of Coins & Smart Cards, Comparing Fares with metro Trains in Bangalore, Delhi and Kolkata here.
Initially MMRDA Proposed the below fares as shown in chart and still in talks with Relaince to do the needful
|Kilometers (Km)||Fares (Rs.)|
|3 to 8||10|
|8 to 12||12|
|12 to 15||14|
|15 to 20||17|
|20 to 25||20|
|25 to 30||22|
|30 and above||24|
As said above were the proposed fares expected charges by MMRDA, But today as the train was all set to open rides for public, Reliance (who have major stake in metro project) has declared the ticket rates will be much higher. We will update this section again, yet the expected charges as declared in news are Rs.10, Rs.20, Rs.30 and Rs.40 respectively.
Although some new ticketing options are ready available like Automatic Fare Collection System which is a high-tech and latest in technology, For single and multiple journey in same day, Smart Cards (Like local trains ATVM cards) will also be implemented. Some more upcoming systems are planned for easy ticketing which will sure help commuters journey to ease.
Metro Train Complete Details
- Project by Mumbai Metro One Pvt Ltd.
- Project Proposed in 2006, Work started in 2008 and now first train (Phase 1, Line 1) will be running Between Versova-Andheri-Ghatkopar.
- Daily Approximate 275 services to ply.
- Total 16 metro trains, each having 4 coaches. 14 will be used in regular service, 1 as backup for operations and 1 as and when required for maintenance.
- End to End X crossing idea used to rotate all 14 trains in sequence one after other. Example : Once train reaches Ghatkopar, at extreme end it has a crossing train will cross the tracks and come towards down route to return back to versova. In sequence all trains will move in such circular manner.
- Current People carrying capacity of about 1500 per train, MMOPL is also planning future expansion to 6 coaches from current 4.
- Food courts, Havmor Ice Cream store, Book Store, ATM, Mobile Stores and Toilet facilities all available within Metro Station Limits. See Pictures
- Estimated Cost (Cr) expected was 2356 and actual cost 4321 as per leading news media details.
- Total distance (Line 1) will be 11.07 km which will take about 21 minutes.
- Frequency of Metro trains will be 4 minutes during office time (peak hours) and 8 minutes during non-peak office hours.
- Start time of first train will be 5:30 AM and last train will be till Mid-Night (till 11:45 Pm).
- Their will be 4 AC coaches per train with length of 91.4 Meters.
- Trains will be running with speed between 33kmph and 80kmph.
- Total time taken from Versova to Ghatkopar and vice-versa will be 21 minutes with a halt time between two stations of 30 seconds to run between total of 12 stations.
- For commuters convenience their will be 100 staircases, 45 Elevators and 95 Escalators on both side of roads ( UP and DOWN ) to reach the height of metros.
- Only ticket holders (paid members) will be given access to metro platforms which will have further facilities like ATMs, Ticket Windows and vending machines, toilet facilities, Few retail outlets etc.
- Directions and other signs for easy metro commuting will be put up all around in 3 major languages which is English, Hindi and Marathi.
- Metro train walk over bridge is connected to Ghatkopar Local trains bridge, which is a really good move for those regular commuters who will get down at Ghatkopar and move towards Andheri via metro trains.
- Keep Our metro healthy and safe, Strict security checking are on place. One is not allowed to carry things like Radio Active and Explosive Substance, Unauthorized Arms and Ammunition, Human Skeletons, Ashes or any Body Parts in any form, Acids or other corrosives, Poisonous and Toxic Substance, Petroleum and any other Solid or Liquid which is inflammable, Manure (‘Khat’ in Hindi) of any kind, Gases Compressed / Liquified or Dissolved under pressure, Oxidizing substances like Bleach, Iodine and Chlorine.
Features and Benefits of Such Trains
- All Metro Train will have Automatic Train Operation System (ATO) and train will run automatically, Drivers work will be to confirm that doors are shut properly, Which means trains will only move if all doors closed properly.
- Trains will have stainless still body with anti train collision system for safety related to accidents. It will have Derailment barriers to stop train in case of such emergencies.
- Operator control system will at Versova which will be connected to all trains for communication.
- Automatic temperature control facility that will decide for all AC coaches according to the number of commuters and load.
- The motorman coach will have high tech screens that will display footage from Close Circuit cameras inside the trains and also other stuff that helps driver control and move smoothly.
- 700 CCTV cameras for security and 100 LCD screens inside.
- The black box which are installed in Airplanes will be installed. It helps to detect the reasons of accident and more information during investigations.
- Every coach will have smoke, heat and fire detectors.
- Capacity of metro train coach in terms of passengers will be 375 with 50 seating capacity, out of which the 325 standing passengers will have comfortable grab poles to hold.
- With CCTV camera’s coaches will also have communication buttons to talk to driver in case of emergency.
- Coaches will have automatic announcement system and LCD monitors which shows route map and station information.
Latest Train Videos
Metro Train Ride Video
Coins & Smart Card Machine Demo
Usage of Metro Smart Cards and Coins at Entry and Exit