“To Cut Off with Crowded Local Trains of Mumbai, The alternate fast, robust and convenient solution of Metro Trains connecting Western and Central Suburbs are starting during January 2014 as Phase 1 (Line 1) of total 3 phases. Below are the updated details about Metro trains Timings (Timetable & Schedules), Stations and Routes, Daily and Monthly Fares ( Pass System etc), Ticketing system, Security features, Technical details and some more details about Mumbai’s first metro rail project..”
Quick Look : [ Andheri Versova to Ghatkopar Metro Timetable ], [ Metro Trains Stations and Routes ], [ Train Fares ], [ Train Ticketing ], [ Metro Train Complete Details ], [ Updates ]
New Metro Trains in Mumbai
Andheri Versova to Ghatkopar Metro Timetable
Although the number of stations are known, We will update this section as soon we get train timetable details as soon possible and if out. But with details which says trains will be running at every 3 and 3.5 minutes schedules from morning 5:30 AM till mid night which is about 18.5 hours, We believe people will not need a typical timetable like one for our local trains.
Metro Trains Stations and Routes
Metro Stations Routes
LINE 1 Starting January 2014 : Versova – Andheri – Ghatkopar Corridor (Total of 12 stations as listed below)
STARTING Station From Versova (Andheri West) >>> D N Nagar (Andheri West) >>> Azad Nagar (West) >>> Andheri Railway Station >>> Western Express High (WEH, East) >>> Chakala (East) >>> Airport Road Connectivity Junction >>> Marol Naka >>> Saki Naka (Almost Near Junction) >>> Subhash Nagar >>> Asalpha (Connecting Ghatkopar Location) >>> Ghatkopar (West) ENDING Station.
You Might Also Like to Know About Mumbai Railway Map and Local Trains Railway Station Names.
Metro fares will be calculated according to the distance (km) with total distance covered being 11.07 KM. Below are the fare list and will be updated as soon they are operational. Till date for travel between Andheri to Ghatkopar BEST bus fares
(Rs.20) were considered the cheapest compares to Auto fares
(Rs.37 to Rs.40). Yet the latest finding are that Metro trains will be cheaper then those and the same distance of 11.07 Km will be charges Rs.13.
NOTE : This are the proposed ‘Kilometers to Fare rates’ during line 1 corridor development running between Versova in Andheri and Ghatkopar. Exact fares between individual stations will be updated once trains starts running on January 2014 finally. More details about Monthly pass system and prices will also be updated here.
|3 to 8
|8 to 12
|12 to 15
|15 to 20
|20 to 25
|25 to 30
|30 and above
Smart Card Ticket Receipt – Mumbai Local Trains
Although some new ticketing options are ready available like Automatic Fare Collection System which is a high-tech and latest in technology, For single and multiple journey in same day, Smart Cards (Like local trains ATVM cards) will also be implemented. Some more upcoming systems are planned for easy ticketing which will sure help commuters journey to ease.
Metro Train Complete Details
- Project by Mumbai Metro One Pvt Ltd.
- Project Proposed in 2006, Work started in 2008 and now first train (Phase 1, Line 1) will be running Between Versova-Andheri-Ghatkopar.
- Estimated Cost (Cr) expected was 2356 and actual cost 4321 as per leading news media details.
- Total distance (Line 1) will be 11.07 km which will take about 21 minutes.
- Frequency of Metro trains will be 3 minutes during office time (peak hours) and 3.5 minutes during non-peak hours.
- Start time of first train will be 5:30 AM and last train will be till Mid-Night.
- Their will be 4 AC coaches per train with length of 91.4 Meters.
- Trains will be running with speed between 33kmph and 80kmph.
- Total time taken from Versova to Ghatkopar and vice-versa will be 21 minutes with a halt time between two stations of 30 seconds to run between total of 12 stations.
- For commuters convenience their will be 100 staircases, 45 Elevators and 95 Escalators on both side of roads ( UP and DOWN ) to reach the height of metros.
- Only ticket holders (paid members) will be given access to metro platforms which will have further facilities like ATMs, Ticket Windows and vending machines, toilet facilities, Few retail outlets etc.
- Directions and other signs for easy metro commuting will be put up all around in 3 major languages which is English, Hindi and Marathi.
Features and Benefits of Such Trains
- All Metro Train will have Automatic Train Operation System (ATO) and train will run automatically, Drivers work will be to confirm that doors are shut properly, Which means trains will only move if all doors closed properly.
- Trains will have stainless still body with anti train collision system for safety related to accidents. It will have Derailment barriers to stop train in case of such emergencies.
- Operator control system will at Versova which will be connected to all trains for communication.
- Automatic temperature control facility that will decide for all AC coaches according to the number of commuters and load.
- The motorman coach will have high tech screens that will display footage from Close Circuit cameras inside the trains and also other stuff that helps driver control and move smoothly.
- 700 CCTV cameras for security and 100 LCD screens inside.
- The black box which are installed in Airplanes will be installed. It helps to detect the reasons of accident and more information during investigations.
- Every coach will have smoke, heat and fire detectors.
- Capacity of metro train coach in terms of passengers will be 375 with 50 seating capacity, out of which the 325 standing passengers will have comfortable grab poles to hold.
- With CCTV camera’s coaches will also have communication buttons to talk to driver in case of emergency.
- Coaches will have automatic announcement system and LCD monitors which shows route map and station information.