“Esther Anuhya murder case was an alarm and has triggered a real fear for single women travelers in odd hours, specially late night and early morning hours when the only option remains is private taxi or an auto. Taking a next move with mobile and GPS technology to their heal, Mumbai Police along with Land line Giant telecom MTNL has started a new and simple SMS service for Women safety. A dedicated number ‘9969777888‘ will be used by traveler and a dedicated police team will keep watch on that vehicle she travels (Be it a Auto or a Taxi). Lets see how..”
SMS Service Details
More On Women Travel Safety
Another thing came to my mind when it comes to women travel safety is that already some initiatives have been taken in past like ‘Women Whistle‘ for help needed when walking in lonely locations of Mumbai lanes, ‘Safety in Local Trains‘ which is all about women guards keeping eye and ready for help. Another initiative being getting protected and safeguarding females who travel via ‘BEST buses‘, an few such in past.
My question to all respected women is that “HOW MANY OF YOU CARRY A WHISTLE DAILY ?” because if such services are provided to help you, you should make sure that you and your buddy travelers keep such safety handy. Oh BTW how many of you know which police stations to contact when needed ? Also Keep the above listed Mumbai police SMS number saved in your mobile phones. Have a look at what all helplines are available for women for all kind of help and needs as and when needed in Mumbai. Keep note of ‘103‘ the short code helpline number for women If possible catch a local train or BEST bus in late nights whenever possible, traveling alone in Taxi / Cool Cabs or an Auto should be the last option. Of course pepper spray is what female always discuss about and have seen in movies too.
I did my part by creating my bit of awareness via this blog. Will you be the part of women safety awareness too ? Then simply Share this post on Facebook and Google+ and do like us / circle us to keep updated. So with that i wish you a happy and safe journey always.
- Home Residential Address Of Bollywood Actors Celebrities Stars – Mumbai 926 views
- Mumbai Traffic Rules 2017 – Road Safety and Traffic Signs 652 views
- Grant Road Station Attractions – Mumbai 641 views
- Mumbai Metro Trains – Routes | Timetable | Fares | Stations | Tickets 515 views
- Telephone Directory – MTNL Mumbai Directory Services 478 views
- Online Appointment For Learner License – RTO Mumbai 461 views
- How to Get Vehicle Registration and Owner Details Via SMS – Mumbai 422 views
- Mumbai Zoo at Byculla Called Veer Jijamata Udyan 403 views
- Chor Bazaar – Mumbai Second Hand Product Bazaar and Stolen Thieves Market 386 views
- Movie Theatres Ticket Rates – Mumbai Cinema Theatres Ticket Prices 314 views