“Annual fish festival at Versova village located at Andheri Station West, Mumbai suburb western railway route is an magnetic event which pulls all seafood lovers of Mumbai city and also from other places around. This koli festival is rocking at the heart of city since 2006-2007 and this year 2015 also will pull about 20 to 30 thousand people every day starting 9th, 10th and 11th January. Versova koliwada community people (Fisherman’s Of Village), just like worli koli village celebrates this yearly cultural seafood festival by selling varieties of fishes, crabs at price lower then the regular restaurant, that too with delicious fresh catches of last 2 hours only. If you got chance to enjoy Maharashtra’s special Marathi cuisines, you will get the taste here too. The motto is to spread awareness about this special seafood cuisine made by koli women, which also gives them business for next few months for survival. Lets understand this fish festival for current year and get ready to join this delicious city special cuisine if you are a non vegetarian..”
Special Seafood Fishes and Crabs
If you are already a die heart seafood lover you might be knowing about this fish names which will be served to you at cost ranging from Rs.50 to Rs.100 to Rs.150, Yes at these cheap rates you can enjoy the special fish and crabs dishes catches just 2 hours before serving made in special spicy koli masala. Just like other Maharashtrian food, But little different as its a special seafood from our own versova beach. So here are list of all fishes that can be seen on your plates, About 15 to 20 different varieties of fresh catched fishes and crabs named Bamboo ka bombil (A Dry fish), Tangy, King Prawns, Pomfret, Lobsters, Bombay Duck (Named after Formerly Known Mumbai as ‘Bombay’), Tuna, Pink Color Queen fish known as Rani by Local Koli’s, Surmai, Golden Anchovies which is called Mandeli, Basa, Shellfish, Mackerel, Ghol and Other varieties of Crabs etc.
Festival Venue, Dates Timings and Address
- Festive Event type : Annual.
- Dates For Year 2015 : From 9th January to 11th January 2015.
- Timings : 6 Pm to 11:30 Pm can go till 12:00 AM.
- Venue Address : Versova Koliwada Village, Church Road, Near Ganesh Temple, Andheri West, Pincode : 400061.
How to Reach From Versova Koli Village
By Bus : Bus No. that goes from Andheri station and other locations towards versova village are 32, 56, 210, 221, 222, 249, 234, 251, 255 and 328.
By Mumbai Metro Trains : Best and easy way to ignore traffic and confusion is to take Metro from Andheri station (East Side), get down at last stop which is Versova and take a Private auto / Walk for few minutes.
By Local Trains : Get down at Andheri Station (West Side) on Western Railway Route of Local trains. See railway map for local & metro train routes.
- Home Residential Address Of Bollywood Actors Celebrities Stars – Mumbai 545 views
- Mumbai Traffic Rules 2017 – Road Safety and Traffic Signs 540 views
- Mumbai Metro Trains – Routes | Timetable | Fares | Stations | Tickets 372 views
- How to Get Vehicle Registration and Owner Details Via SMS – Mumbai 328 views
- Movie Theatres Ticket Rates – Mumbai Cinema Theatres Ticket Prices 320 views
- Telephone Directory – MTNL Mumbai Directory Services 313 views
- Grant Road Station Attractions – Mumbai 298 views
- Picnic Spots Near Mumbai – Overnight and One Day Picnic Spots. 283 views
- Chor Bazaar – Mumbai Second Hand Product Bazaar and Stolen Thieves Market 256 views
- Online Appointment For Learner License – RTO Mumbai 218 views