“Dadar, a south Mumbai locality got its new ‘Pramod Mahajan Garden’ opened to public on 3rd May 2015. This Garden is officially called Kala Park, in the name of late famous politician always known for his good deeds in city. It is for the first time BMC’s Sewerage Operations Department has developed and maintained such green beauty for 8 months now, this beautiful park is located adjacent to Tulsi Pipe Road in Dadar (West), at few minutes distance from railway station. Localities are cherished to get about 10 acres of green garden in the new developed concrete Dadar. Since decades, this land was a Sewerage Treatment Plant until 1999 when it was closed. If you are a plant lover, this garden is a must visit for you as about 5000 pots with about a lakh trees and nearly 500 different types of Shrubs. below are some pictures and soon coming a video with more details..”
About Kala Park
Ready since 3rd quarter of 2014, this was once a city’s sewerage treatment plant location till 1999 and was lying unused till last year when a beautifying idea of converting this 42,000 Square Meter vast area of Dadar to a Public Park with lush greenery, soothing to eyes and a place to relax in serenity in city was planned and finally came true. All credits goes to Sewerage Operation department who till date well maintained it since last 8 months of development, even if it was not opened to public due to internal departmental conflicts.
BMC’s garden department is now taking care of this garden and hope it is well maintained in future to becomes a attraction to tourists too. This garden also have 2 buildings located within premise which are ment for ‘Sewerage Operations’ and other for ‘Storm Water Drain’ departments. Enter into the main gate which has a written in silver the name if our late politician ‘Pramod Mahajan Kala Park‘ and the view is eye cooling as you feel like inside some green belt of some other beautiful location and not inside the concrete city. A huge structure called ‘Prism’ will attract you at a glance which has hundreds of small shrubs planted, A hilly area has resting place for visitors and is one of the places with lots of colorful flowers seen along with the only location being for panoramic view of this park. This garden do have about 200 benches to sit and relax, rest rooms, 3 beautiful pond filled with lotus flowers which are also named ‘Lotus Lakes’ and a 4000 square meter lawn area. It has about 500 species of shrubs, Varieties of about 5000 potted plants, total of 6 water coolers and a huge 26,000 square meter area just for plants and flowers. Now what else does Dadar’s senior citizen and kids along with youth plant lovers wants more to relax, have fun in evening? A natural rejuvenating place in the hot hitting city called ‘Mumbai’.
Timings & Entry Charges
Video Coming soon..
Other Attractions Near This Park
- Home Residential Address Of Bollywood Actors Celebrities Stars – Mumbai 776 views
- Mumbai Traffic Rules 2017 – Road Safety and Traffic Signs 562 views
- Mumbai Metro Trains – Routes | Timetable | Fares | Stations | Tickets 543 views
- Picnic Spots Near Mumbai – Overnight and One Day Picnic Spots. 455 views
- Telephone Directory – MTNL Mumbai Directory Services 400 views
- How to Get Vehicle Registration and Owner Details Via SMS – Mumbai 392 views
- Grant Road Station Attractions – Mumbai 382 views
- Movie Theatres Ticket Rates – Mumbai Cinema Theatres Ticket Prices 374 views
- Chor Bazaar – Mumbai Second Hand Product Bazaar and Stolen Thieves Market 359 views
- Online Appointment For Learner License – RTO Mumbai 328 views