“A day picnic at Virar’s lush green area at water park called Great Escape is worth the day spent enjoying 16 rides, Unlimited tasty vegetarian food, DJ Rain dance and lots more. Below are the water park details with a brief review that will help understand about this park that you should escape a day from the routine life..”
Water Park Details
Veg or Non-Veg : Great Escape is a Pure Veg Only Water park. Also alcohol are not allowed or available inside. An Ideal water park for Jain Community people in Mumbai.
Park Timings : Water Park is open all 7 days between 10:00 am to 6:00 Pm. On Sundays it starts at 9:00 Am.
Food Timings : Breakfast (Between 10:00 to 11:30 Am, On Sundays it starts at 9:00), Lunch time (1 to 3), Evening Snacks (4:30 to 6:30 Pm), Fast Food Counter (11:30 to 5:00 Pm) and Ice Gola and Candy Floss Counters between 12:30 to 5:30 evening.
Entry Charges Per Head : Rates includes Entry and Food. For Children (Height between 3.3 to 4.6) and Senior Citizens (60 and above) costing Rs.750 and for Adults above Height 4.6 Rs.850 per head. There are discounts and offers on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and also for college students, So consider taking valid ID proofs along. Extra charges for Lockers (Rs.200), Costumes (Sale only) and Cots (Rs.50). Bike and Car Parking are available and is free. Group Discounts available and need to call them personally for which contact details as detailed below. Apart from being a one day picnic water park area, They provide park for various parties and orders also. No Night Stay (Over Night) facilities available.
Important Note : Lycra and Nylon outfits are compulsory and are not available on Rent. You should bring your own outfits and If required you can purchase from inside paying whatever MRP cost they have asked. Rs.100 extra taken as deposit if locker facilities taken which gets refunded upon returning lockers keys. Cots are limited. Outside Food etc not allowed.
Rides inside Great Escape Water Park : 16 different Slides, One Wave Pool opened for 5 minutes per session for 4 sessions only per day, Pool for children, Rain Dance with Music and Separate play area for toddlers.
Online Booking and Contact Phone Numbers : +91-8554992350 and Online booking can be done at official site.
Great Escape Review
From my personal experience and reviews from friends and various online sources, It seems that Great escape is a perfect place for those looking for a small to medium water park with limited rides and one day picnic fun near dense green location of virar with family and group of friends. Talking about food, It is known to be delicious and much talked about this water park which is about 18 Kilometres from Virar railway station. They give Unlimited food 3 times a day with 2 separate counters for fast food like Chinese, pastas, sizzler’s and batata wadas and candy floss and ice golas which in summers are super hit.
Like any other place, not everyone visiting this park will like everything about it and many have some bad reviews towards food quality, rides, hygiene and other things compared to rates taken of Rs.850 (As of September 2016). I already wrote about limited rides, But 16 is not that less right ? So if you known in advance that Great escape is a perfect combo of water rides, great environment, food and entertainment then probably your review upon visiting this place will be good to great or satisfactory. Talking about wave pool, after many reviews and personal talks i will personally recommend that they should think on reconsidering the limited 4 sessions a day that lasts for 5 minutes of fun and excitement as that can be a selling point of the water park. People expect the fun to go on and on till evening.
Review about DJ and rain dance is average as the sound system used may be improved. A powerful system will automatically create the required environment and dance lovers may consider it a wow enjoying it with food and other things. Nature has blessed this water park with ample trees inside and outside park area as it is near vasai virar green belt and inside dense forest village area which has natural hot water springs from past volcano’s. So those elderly and senior citizens seeking leisure time with family and kids enjoying the water rides at pool side will feels the grace and quality time at Great Escape. Review towards cleanliness and Hygiene are also average to good. Like any other water park not just near virar but anywhere near Mumbai. If the services, hygiene level and basic cleanliness for things like pool water, toilets, showers and other facilities are taken proper care of, any water park will be a hit.
How to Reach this Water Park
Address and Contact : Great Escape Water Park, Parol Bhiwandi Road, Off Vajreshwari Road, Off Mumbai Ahmedabad Highway, Virar East, Thane, Maharashtra 401303.
Phone : +91-8554992350 & 91-22-39296464.
By Road : If coming from Mumbai by Western Express Highway 8 (Mumbai Ahmedabad), do not take the flyover at Virar crossing and little ahead below bridge take right at Shirshad Phata, On left side their is the famous Mahavir Dham. From the Shirshad junction go straight till Parol naka and take right to reach the water park. Similarly people coming from opposite direction and not from Mumbai just remember Shirshad Phata before Virar and follow as above.
By Train : Main railway station is Virar on western route at far north of Mumbai. Private autos from railway station east may charge anywhere around Rs.200 approximate. From Virar railway station, Highway is exactly 10 Kilometre and next 8 Kilometres for Great escape. MSRTC buses and VVMT buses goes to Vajreshwari or Ganeshpuri on the same road little ahead of Parol Naka which starts from Virar Station West. If considering this buses, get down at Parol naka and its just 1.4 Kilometres which hardly takes 5 minutes walk. My personal recommendation is VVMT bus which is good and very cheap. See Map Below
From Vasai, Consider taking Vajreshwari / Ganeshpuri bus from Railway station Depot in West connected to station.
Other Places to See Near Virar
- Ganeshpuri temple : Very famous and old temple with Natural Hot water springs just a kilometre ahead on main road of Parol naka.
- Vajreshwari temple : Vajreshwari temple is another old temple with multiple hot water sulphur springs 2 kilometre from Water park.
- Mahavir Dham : Famous jain temple exactly on Shirshad phata on National Highway 8.
- Jivdani Devi Temple : The only temple on Mountain, this is a must visit temple in early hours or evening. Open till 9:00 Pm. From Water park towards Virar railway station, this temple comes in between.
- Agashi Jain temple : Another historic old Jain temple, 7 Kilometres from virar.
- Yazoo Park : A beautiful Amusement park on West side inside Rustomjee Township.
- Arnala Beach : Famous beach for one day picnic, 8 Kilometres from virar station. It also has Arnala fort and many beach side resorts.
- Vasai Virar : Know more about this location.
See All Recommended Places to Visit in Virar
- Home Residential Address Of Bollywood Actors Celebrities Stars – Mumbai 777 views
- Mumbai Traffic Rules 2017 – Road Safety and Traffic Signs 562 views
- Mumbai Metro Trains – Routes | Timetable | Fares | Stations | Tickets 547 views
- Picnic Spots Near Mumbai – Overnight and One Day Picnic Spots. 458 views
- Telephone Directory – MTNL Mumbai Directory Services 402 views
- How to Get Vehicle Registration and Owner Details Via SMS – Mumbai 394 views
- Grant Road Station Attractions – Mumbai 383 views
- Movie Theatres Ticket Rates – Mumbai Cinema Theatres Ticket Prices 376 views
- Chor Bazaar – Mumbai Second Hand Product Bazaar and Stolen Thieves Market 360 views
- Online Appointment For Learner License – RTO Mumbai 329 views