“Alibaug near Mumbai, A place quite famous for its one day and overnight picnic spots and multiple attractions like beaches, temples, greenery, nature and more..”
Quick Look : [ Alibaug Picnic Beaches ], [ Other Attractions ], [ Alibaug Speciality ], [ Distance From Mumbai ], [ Travel Options From Mumbai ], [ Best Time To Visit ], [ Accommodation Options ], [ Updates ]
Beaches For One Day Picnic
Being near Mumbai, This places was initially known and visited for its unexplored clean beaches and old temples. Gradually, cottages and private bungalows came with demand of overnight picnic groups and now one of the selective and preferred location for Bollywood stars private bungalows too. Some of known beaches to explore here are :
- Alibag beach (The nearest and famous beach)
- Korlai beach
- THAL beach
- Kashid beach
- Varsoli beach
- Mandawa beach (Basically Jetty for daily tourist coming from “Gateway Of India”)
- Akshi beach
- Kihim-Navgaon beach
- Nagaon beach
Other Nearest Attractions
Apart from beaches, Alibaug is also known for 2 of the main old temples which are Birla and Kaneshwar. Now with enough accomodation options like cheap cottages, private bungalows on rent, Hotels and Resorts etc, Many other places of attractions can be explored in just a day or overnight stay. Some of the frequented places to see are :
- Alibag Fort in vicinity.
- Alibaug-Awas (About 16 kilometres)
- Alibaug-Saswane (About 18 kilometres)
- Nahaon (About 7 kilometres)
- Alibaug-Chaul Revdanda (About 15 kilometres)
- Alibaug-Rewas (About 24 kilometres)
- Kaneshwar Mandir
More Speciality and Details
This place is very famous in Mumbai for a Dialogue between locals “Alibaug Se Aya hai Kya” or “Albaug ka Samjha hai Kya” Because usually, Some couple of decades before, when people in Mumbai finds someone unknown about some facts of Mumbai, Or try to fool around and get caught, they say these lines in a friendly Mumbai style slangs. It is also because some times back AliBaug was not so developed and was some village at far (Kind of unknown place for locals) in Bombay.
Also known for Bollywood shoots and their private bungalows for weekend stay. One can also explore Kanhoji Angre Lighthouse if already planning a picnic at Alibaug near Mumbai.
Distance From Mumbai and Time taken
Road Distance, Alibaug from Mumbai is about 97.7 Km (Via National Highway 17) and 127 Kms (Via Mumbai Pune Express Way). Approximate time taken to reach is 2 hours and 15 minutes. More details on driving road map, see Alibaug Mumbai Distance page.
How to Reach from Mumbai
By Road : See the above distance details if planning a road route to Alibaug for your picnic.
By Railway : Nearest station to Alibaug is PEN near khopoli in central route of railways.
By Ferry Boat : From Gateway of India (South Mumbai) regular ferry boats goes to Mandwa jetty (beach) for regular tourist. This ferry ride takes about 50 minutes to reach Mandwa. From mandwa you can take regular bus service to Alibaug (time taken 45 minutes). Alternately you can take private auto rickshaws too.
By Air : Nearest airport for alibaug is Mumbai airport. You can contact tours and travel services or as mentioned take any above options.
Best time to Visit
For a place like Alibaug So near to Mumbai and blessed with nature, beaches etc., Any season is good for fun, leisure and stay. Still to beat the heat one prefers summer vacations, and winters to chill more. Rainy seasons (Monsoons) are perfect for nature lovers tourist destination to enjoy best of greenery in village environment far away from city pollution and fast moving life.
There are wide range of options to stay for your overnight picnic or a day in weekend. Private bungalows are the preferred option for affordable accommodation for picnic group that has more then 5 members. If you looking for low cost hotels and resorts etc, They are also available.
- Home Residential Address Of Bollywood Actors Celebrities Stars – Mumbai 864 views
- Mumbai Traffic Rules 2017 – Road Safety and Traffic Signs 820 views
- Telephone Directory – MTNL Mumbai Directory Services 786 views
- How to Get Vehicle Registration and Owner Details Via SMS – Mumbai 553 views
- Grant Road Station Attractions – Mumbai 548 views
- Mumbai Metro Trains – Routes | Timetable | Fares | Stations | Tickets 539 views
- Online Appointment For Learner License – RTO Mumbai 515 views
- Chor Bazaar – Mumbai Second Hand Product Bazaar and Stolen Thieves Market 425 views
- Mumbai Zoo at Byculla Called Veer Jijamata Udyan 363 views
- Wet N Joy Water Park Lonavala Near Mumbai 347 views