“Girgaum Chowpatty Beach (Also Known as Girgaon) is a famous beach quite well known for its ganpati immersion (Visarjan) during ganesh festival also liked and preferred beaches among others during vacations and holidays..”About the beach
Located in south of Mumbai, very near to charni road station, Girgaum is the name of one of the old Mumbai location’s which was the only place during time for beach side hangouts. Now the beach is quite crowded been one of the famous tourist attractions surrounded by famous branded stores and eateries in Mumbai. This beach connect to Nariman point’s Queens Necklace which is easily seen and for this special view people around world prefers to visit the sea side during nights. Many a times people referring ‘Chowpatty beach‘ gets confused between Juhu Beach and Girgaon beach and kindly take a note of same.
Girgaum chowpatty is the only place where most of the biggest giants ganpati are taken on last day (i.e 10th day) of visarjan (immersion) and the crowd reaches here in millions because of the to be seen view. Since decades this beach has quite a good food corners, ice cream shops and masala chat centres well arranged with few children rides along quite well maintained compared to the daily crowd visits.Specialty Of Girgaum Beach
- This is the only place for your favorite beach side massage in open air.
- Quite famous with its bollywood hindi song ‘Chowpatty Jayange aur Bhel Puri Khayange’, So the bhel puri is the one well known around between tourist.
- Recently the flavored Baraf Gola (Ice Candies) is what people prefer when on beach, Along with other options like Ice Creams etc.
- You get ‘chatai’ floor mate to sit for as low as Rs.10/- for as much time as you prefer to sit on beach.
- One can see small toddlers cars with Fm radio to be enjoyed by kids which creates quite a environment on beach.
- The Huge big brands with colored lighting and bulbs gives this chowpatty beach a good view and lights to enjoy.
- If looking for another beach near and towards town, Dadar chowpatty is another small beach
- Taraporewala Aquarium.
- Queens Necklace.
- Hanging Garden (Also known as Kamla nehru park)
- Old and beautifully carved, Wilson College.
- Babulnath Temple, One of the oldest temple of lord Shiva, very near to chowpatty beach.
This beach is connected to Charni Road station, Just 5 minutes walking distance and can be seen in front, So no need to hire taxi or any other vehicle for same.