“Since 2005, Mumbai has a come back of FM Radio with first of its got famous Station called ‘Radio City 91.1′ and since then there is no look back. With More Radio Channels in Mumbai Air like 92.7 Fm, 93.5 bajate rao etc. Radio stations are one of the best Past Time and Information media for Mumbai people..”
Old Radio Stations
Remembering those days when old Radio stations like ‘Vividh Bharti’ and ‘Aakash vani (Akashavani)‘ were the only means of Radio media Communication and Entertainment, People use to have those Big Huge Radio Cum Audio Cassette player at home and also while traveling to listed old Songs on ‘Vividh Bharti’ with selected programs like ‘Bela ke Phool’ and Listening to news at ‘Aakash vani’ in Hindi and Marathi Languages. Most of the time people use to gather together for Cricket news channel tunes and enjoy all the fun. Still people are listening to these radio stations, but the young crowd in Mumbai prefers something more..
Famous Radio Stations and FM Channels
The Radio buzz was on during 2005 – 2006 which got popular with mega hits of Himesh Reshamiya like ‘Aashiq Banaya’ and ‘Jhalak Dikhlaja’ rocking in Air on 91.1 FM channel. At that time the todays leading 92.7 FM station was not so popular and then came the Station called ’93.5 Red FM’ a channel found tuned on most of the ears with caption ‘Bajate Raho..’ During the period between 2005 and 2009 radio took a serious media leap and was widely accepted as one of the best Music entertainment source of Mumbai City.
Fm Radio was sold in varieties of models, From Rs.100 small compact square pieces and Also in ipod look alike radio with has LED that displayed station names in colors. Gradually as the popularity increased Radio’s were included in Mobile phones. Yes people in Mumbai were more lean to Mobiles with FM Radio in it. Next in few years almost all the leading Handsets had FM Radio inbuilt in it. Some of the leading Mobiles with FM Radio were Nokia and Sony, then came LG, Samsung etc. Now In both CDMA and GSM handsets like Relaince and Tata handset are with FM Radio. Thats how the Radio Stations in Mumbai rocked with bollywood songs.
List of Radio Channels in Mumbai
- Radio City 91.1 FM (One of the leading Channel, Still Rocking with Songs From 2003 and Latests..)
- BIG FM 92.7 (A Radio Station Taken Over by Reliance ADA group forming a brand with word ‘BIG’ in mumbai)
- Red FM 93.5 (One of the Entertaining Channel On Air, With RJ Malishka rocking Mumbai in Morning)
- 94.3 FM Radio One (One of the good channels with combination of Old new Songs)
- Radio Mirchi 98.3 FM (A station to enjoy Old songs during special hours like 9:00 pm and Interviews with old legendary bollywood personalities)
- 100.7 Fm (Also known as Air Fm Gold)
- Fever 104 FM – (Started in 2007 by Hindustan Times Media Ltd)
- 104.8 Fm Meow (Radio station For Women’s, But also plays regular as others)
- 105.6 channel called Gyaan Vani.
- 107.1 Air FM Rainbow ( Owned by All India Radio For Broadcasting Regional Language Songs and Others, Also a Radio Station for English Songs From Hollywood)
- Radio Must 107.8 Fm (A recent started Educational Radio Channel by Mumbai University)
Among the list of above radio channels, 91.1, 92.7, 93.5 Red Fm and 98.3 and some of the preferred stations for latest hindi songs and entertainment.
Radio Station Corporate Office Addresses
Below are list of address of leading radio FM entertainment channels offices in Mumbai.
|Radio City 91.1 FM||Music Broadcast Pvt Ltd, 5th Floor, RNA Corporate Park, Off Western Express Highway, Kalanagar, Bandra – East, Mumbai 400051, Contact : 022-66969100, TeleFax : 022-26429113 / 6 / 8|
|BIG FM 92.7 Office||401, 4th Floor, Infinity Mall, Andheri Link Road, Oshiwara, Andheri (West), Pincode 400053|
|Red FM 93.5 Office (Previously Known as Radio Today)||’B’ Wing, 3rd Floor, Todi Industrial Estate, Sun Mill Compound, Lower Parel, Mumbai – 400013, Contact:30935935|
|FM 94.3 Radio One||Radio Mid-day, I/18, Everest Chambers, 10th floor, Office No.18, 156-D, J.Dadajee Road, Tardeo, Mumbai 400034, Ph: 022-66105700, FaxLine: 022-66105701|
|Radio Mirchi Office (98.3 FM)||Trade Gardens, Ground Floor, Kamala Mills Compound, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel (West), Mumbai – 400013. Telephone: 022-67536983, Fax No: 022-67536900.|
|100.7 Fm (Air Fm Gold) Office Address||AIR, Broadcasting House, Backbay Reclamantion, Colaba Mumbai – 400020|
|Fever 104 Fm Address||HT Media Ltd. 2nd Floor, Mahalaxmi Engineering Building, Lady Jamshedji Cross Road, Mahim (West), Mumbai – 400016, Tel: 022-39522686/66539200, Fax : 022-56539250|
|Meow 104.8 Fm office Address||Not Yet Available With Us|
|107.1 Air FM Rainbow Office||Akashavani, All India radio, Akashvani Bhawan , Sansad Marg, Delhi – 110001|
|Radio Must 107.8 Fm Address||Owned by Mumbai University|
|Gyan Vani Radio Address||Currently Not Available|