“With growing migrants from other cities and states of India, Mumbai observes more and more railway accidents in which Victims gets injured badly, many gets disabled and major deaths at both western and central railway routes. Falling from foot boards due to over crowded local trains is most common, Others being hit while railway crossing, electrocuted etc. Live videos are evident to risk of local train travelling in Mumbai. At most what a common man can do is leave a train and others during emergency can call up on helplines. So, below are dedicated helpline numbers for railway accidents (Also station wise helplines too). With that mentioned below are the major accident prone danger areas / railway stations locations and information on how to find / search details of lost accident victims and report GRP / RPF for a found person. The recent announcement by GRP commissioner to first attend and take accident victims to hospitals within golden hour time and then do the MEMO legal process is a big step and relief news for commuters in Mumbai.”
Accident Prone Stations Areas and Locations
As of December 2015 and as per Shodh website who has mapped most accident prone location as danger zone in and around western and central railway with numbers are as :
Western Railway Route
- Adjacent to Malad Railway station towards south, with total accident counts to 134.
- Jogeshwari Station near crossing, Number shows 217 accidents.
- Another location at Jogeshwari towards south is Shri Sambhavnath Bhagwan Jain Temple showing 174 victims.
- Andheri Railway Station shows to locations one towards North of platform near Metro crossing and
- Another after East west sky walk prone to more accidents numbering 165 and 397 respectively.
- Vile Parle Station in Western railway route shows total of 160 accidents.
Central Railway Route
- In Central railway off Govandi railway station, It shows far from station with 158 total accidents.
- Mankhurd station shows the toll of 234.
- Vashi railway station near Udyon mandir (Temple) shows accident count as 132.
- Panvel station near Junction have shown 177 accidents till date.
Western and Central Railway Accidents Helplines
Statin wise railway police helpline numbers for CST, Dadar, Kurla, Thane, Dombivli, Kalyan, Karjat, Wadala, Vashi and Panvel stations in Central railway route. Similarly for Churchgate, Mumbai Central, Bandra, Andheri, Borivali, Vasai Virar, Palghar police helplines.
According to the news and railway sources daily about 10 to 11 people falls victim an succumbs to death in Mumbai railway accidents. Help them save, dial helplines as listed below and inform the authorities.
If you find any kind of incident like a train accident, person falling off local train, electrocuted on roof top of train, hit by train or any accident within railway premise, just call on :
- Dedicated Helpline number is 9833331111
- Short code helpline for Railway Police Force (RPF) which are 1275 and 1311
- GRP Commissioner helpline 022-23759251 and 022-23759283
- Mumbai Police Hotline 100
- Facebook Page ID : Mumbairailwaypolice
- Recently launched women whatsapp helpline group.
- Also See : Major Important and Emergency helplines, Mumbai Pune Express Highway helplines for city.
LOST + FOUND Luggage : Western Railway, Central Railway, Taxi, BEST Bus.
For lost + found person info (How to search a accident victim person / How to report a person found lying) : Shodh Official Website (Link Removed as Website Down).