A Comprehensive city guide for every individual, Be a Mumbai local citizen or a tourist. Know, Understand and Feel how the capital city Mumbai is via Our Picture Gallery and Video's and Other Sections of this website. Remember, mobile compatible travel guide is also available for Android Phone's that help's you makes your travel smooth and easy even if you are visiting first time to the city. PDF Printable city information and travel related like Local Train Timetable, Auto Taxi Fares, Road Travel Distance Calculator, Pin Codes locator, Brands and Branches, City Attractions, Helplines, Entertainment Options like Dating, Movies, Travel Places and Complete Tourism Details are ready available.
Mumbai is a city of diverse cultures where people from all over the world co-exits. It's the dissimilar flavors of the people that live, the places that exist, together make the city colorful, fun and a place you easily fall in love with. In every issue of Mumbai Dairy, we will take a trip down the memory lanes, gullies, raastas of Mumbai and bring back the flavors of the city that have enriched it over the years and continue to be the very essence of the Mumbai even today. We will feature all those shops, libraries, restaurants, streets or any other place that takes you back to the good old days of Mumbai and represents the old world charm of Mumbai city.
As a travel guide, tourist ask us when is the best time to visit Mumbai ? Our answer is in Mumbai anytime is right time. After all the fun never sets here. But if there can be the months between November to January. It is not just because the normally humid climate of Mumbai takes a break and cools its heels. Temperatures range between a pleasant 20 Degree and a nippy 18 Degree Celsius. This is also the time when Mumbai is at its festive best. A very important reason for this is that three of India's most festivals Diwali, Ramzan and Christmas follow each other. It almost feels like Mumbai has come out dressed out in its most colorful attire and is ready to party non stop. Prithvi Theater Festival to the spectacle of the great Indian Wedding season. From fairs to art exhibitions. The weather too contributes to the general feeling of happiness by so step in and as they say in Mumbai, 'Aish Kar!!'
Travel Note : Before giving further details on tourism, We highly recommend you to download our Free Android App that has eveything you see on this website.
Things to Know
We know travelling in new city is not very easy unless you get a proper guide or easy information online before you start. We know it and so our Mumbai city guide comes to your help, Here are few things you must know that makes your travel easy. Understand the basic language, Know the Slangs. If you are a migrant, Refer important document to take care. Check some details about currency Also refer our New to Mumbai and things to know guide for easy reference. Also keep a note of other tourism offices, Visa Consulates Offices, Location wise travel agents and leading companies into travel business in city that may help if you from that state of India.
Mumbai has 4 major travel options within city limits that a commuter uses daily and they are Local Trains (Called Life Line Travel Option of Mumbai) Autos (In Suburban Area), Taxi Services (Which includes private cab services like Tab Cab, Meru, Cool cab and Other) that runs beyond Bandra suburb and BEST Buses (BRTS AC Buses and Non AC buses). Checkout below Map to get an idea or 3 Major area (locations) which are City District, Greater Mumbai (Called 'Bombay' Previously) and Suburban Locations (Western and Eastern Suburbs). For travel convienence refer railway network map, Railway station names list for 3 major railway routes of city which are Western, Central and Harbour.
Local Train Travel Tips
First know some basics about our Local Trains, Next if you lost your baggage then Western Railway lost + found and similarly central railway lost + found. Next comes travelling inside local trains and biggest hurdle to face after the crowd is to get daily journey tickets. If you are a tourist, we highly recommend to go for ATVM Smart cards, See the demo to understand it better.
Airport and Airlines
Mumbai has Domestic terminus at Santacruz (A Station at Western Railway Route in Mumbai Subrub) and International Airport at Andheri (Main Suburb location just 2 stations from Santacruz), Both the airport are connected to each other internally. Both the airports has major required faiclities required by any tourist in city. Facilities like Parking, Lounges, ATM, Forex, Wheelchair for physically challanged etc are readily available.
Below are list of places to see when in Mumbai
- Matheran Zip Line
- Yazoo Park at Virar
- Della Adventures at Lonavala
- H2O Water Sports
- See Famous Gardens and Parks
- See Holy Places
- Watch Those Lakes
- See those Historic Libraries
- Old Museums
- Picnic Attractions
- Khotachi Wadi at Girgaon Charni Road - Mumbai Attractions
- First Seaplane Service - Mumbai Juhu Airport | MEHAIR Seaplane Ride
- Adlabs Imagica Park at Mumbai Pune Express Highway - Amusement Theme Park
- Moving Cart Open Air Restaurant Bus - Mumbai First Mobile Restaurant
- Online Guide to Mumbai Attractions - List to Major Tourist Attractions Places
- Matheran Ropeway - Longest Ropeway Of India
- Statues Signatures and Hand Prints at UTV Walk Of Stars - Bandra Bandstand
- Gateway Of India Mumbai - Gateway Information Ferry Timings Map Photos and Video
- Address Of Bollywood Stars - Mumbai Residential Address Of Bollywood Celebrities
- BMC Heritage Headquarter Building Tour - Mumbai Municipal Corporation Building Gallery Attraction
- CST Station Heritage Building Tour - Mumbai CST Building Railway Museum
- Golfing at Kharghar 18 Holes Golf Course by CIDCO - Navi Mumbai | Membership and Charges
- Bharat Diamond Bourse Complex - BKC Mumbai | Largest Diamond Exchange Trading Hub Of World
- INS Vikrant Ship at Naval Dockyard Museum - South Mumbai Attraction
- Water Kingdom - Asias Biggest Water Park at Borivali ( Mumbai )
- Bandstand in Mumbai - Bandra Bandstand Lovers Point Picture
- The Sea Link Of Bandra Worli - Biggest Sea Link Of Mumbai
- Linking Road At Bandra West - Mumbai | Shopping at Bandra Linking Location
- Fashion Street - Mumbai | Best Cheap Street Shopping For Clothes and Accessories
- Essel World - Mumbai | Borivali Essel World
- Jijamata Udyan Mumbai - (Byculla Zoo) | Bombay Zoo Revamp
- Matheran - Nearest Hill Station Of Mumbai
- Virar Vasai Tourism Places
Mumbai has almost every famous brands having its retail outlets at famous malls and various individual outlets across city. With that thousands of local business operates here. BKC at Bandra, Lower Parel, Andheri, Malad Goregaon Link Road and Nariman Point being the most in demand commercial locations with highest corporate offices operating having head offices at these prime business locations of Mumbai. For more on these locations and their rentals, See here. Below is the business brands and their branches search tool which will help you reach faster. Note that the listing is still getting updated and more of such business outlets will be added.