“Ride with fun and gain health along the varied cyclist groups all around Mumbai city. Also details about famous cycling blogs in Mumbai to help reach the group and join the riders. With varieties of Bicycles already getting famous in Mumbai, Active Cyclists Groups and Clubs come up for leisure rides or heading to mountain biking locations with their MTB in Mumbai. Lets have a looks all such groups, blogs and those famous clubs who rides the city on this petrol free engine, the future vehicle..”
Note : With years, many new groups in Mumbai forms and many may no more be active. But below are the famous, safe and known pro groups who knows perfect about cycling gears, which brands of cycles work and more about. Hope this groups have great future and hope to be always active showcasing great example to city.
Cyclist Groups in Mumbai
- Palm Beach Riders a group created by Jagan Mohan Rao Jasti has above 90 members.
- Borivali Cyclists Association by Johann Daniels has above 35 members riding between suburb locations like Mira Road and Malad. See Facebook page.
- Mumbai Randonneurs a group created by Anil Uchil which had 80 members when we first wrote and today it has crossed about 1000 Members. This above 200 km long distance riders group was founded in 2011 is specialized in preparing for (PBP) Paris-Brest-Paris for 2015 and also covers locations like Lonavala and Pune.
- Mulund Riders is a weekly leisure riders cyclist group exploring South Mumbai and Suburban locations of city like Bandstand, Colaba and Central Mumbai suburbs like Mulund etc. Leisure riders go early morning and on THURSDAYS covers about 50 km distance and in Weekends SUNDAY about 80 to 100 km trials.
- See Also : Mountain Biking (MTB) in Mumbai.
- If you are one of those who likes cycling along with exploring famous eateries in Mumbai, ‘Foodies Cyclist’ is perfect for you. They explore famous destinations for food and enjoy the ride together eating.
- Vishal Sharma started a cyclist group called Bandra Cycle Club which now has about 40 members.
- One of the largest cycle group is called Carter Road Cyclist , Bandra west leaded by Faisal Thakur with more then 200 members.
- Anoop Rajan’s Mumbikers (Mumbai-bikers) a common group for all citizen has crossed a whopping 450 members already.
- Cyclist group from Mumbai Western suburb called Malad West Bikers by Aditi is gaining members with 19 as of now, Another Malad link road group has also evolved starting with 6 members lead by jesudas.
- Another huge group is Night Bike Riders by Renny Varghese who has huge support with member reached 250.
- Mumbai also do have cyclist group who hangout for food, yes, this group is called Cycling for foodies by Sunil gandhi having 79 members now, a awesome idea.
- Goregaon also have a cycling group called Goregaon Bikers started by utsav kedia with almost 40 citizens already in.
- Our hot destination station Andheri lokhandwala and Vile parle cyclist group is gaining members, already about 200 members inside this group.
- Lake city Pedallers a group from Thane (Central Suburb of Mumbai) lead by Jo having 138 Members.
- Mulund and Bhandup Riders by Rajesh has 45 Members.
City Cyclist Blogs
Now this can be another great way of joining cycle clubs and like minded groups who love pedal riding in Mumbai, Some of the known blogs where you can connect for bicycle ride friends are listed below.
- Biggest Group in Mumbai for all type of Cycle riders, This Active group have weekly rides arranged. Age limit is 18 years and above. See blog at Mumbai Cyclist and Facebook group.
- Mumbai Randonneurs with details as above can be contacted or joined at this Facebook group page.
- Mulund Riders Facebook Group page is here.
- Join the Foodies Cyclist as detailed above.
- Samuel Pereira’s Blog for Cyclist
- Lakecity Pedalers Thane
- Google Group For Mumbai Cyclists
- Cyclist of Mumbai on Facebook
Famous Bicycle Clubs in Mumbai
In 2009 Mumbai Mirror had a great initiative to get together all cyclist of metro and spread the importance of this alternative vehicle and about 60 of bicycle riders showed up along with other 100’s of viewers. There were also some joy ride programs by Juhu and Lokhandwala bicycle clubs for about 40 Km between Thane and Nariman Point which also recommended a good cycle training route at Aarey Milk Colony which is also a good information for all Bombay bicycle club and trainers.
|Club Name||Speciality||Addres / Contact in Mumbai|
|True Fitness||Specialized as cycling club and also have fitness regime as Dance and Yoga classes.||Crystal Point, New Link Road, Andheri (West), Mumbai – 400053|
|Mojo Eyegear Biking Club||Less of Cycles and more into Bikes.||90/5, Mahakali Caves Road, Senior Transline Compound, Near Onida House, Andheri East, Mumbai – 400093|
|Topspin India Health Car Pvt Ltd||This club of South Mumbai is specialized in cycle training and spinning bikes.||16/A, Ground Floor, Alaknanda Building, Nepeansea Road, Near to Warden Road, Mumbai – 400036|
|Round The Earth Cycling Club||No Details of this cycling club available.||No Contact Address.|