“Every city has its own Slang, These are famous or regularly used Lingo and Mumbai has it too. Special College Lingo with meaning also added below. Before a decade it was just famously ‘Tapori or Bambaiya (Mumbaiya) Language’, which is not so polite if you understand Hindi language. Mumbai Local people knows it well and many a times use it commonly at public places, markets etc. Many of them ignores and many in city simply enjoys that rough talks..”
Mumbai Colleges Lingo
Let’s starts with some fun..ONLY IN MUMBAI
Banana is Kela
Single is Akela
Tired is Thakela
Bored is Pakela
Stuck-up is Atkela
Angry is Satkela
Hung-up is Latkela
Lost is Bhatkela
… And Dead is Tapkela.. So funny slang right ?
College Slang Or Lingo as decoded below are something which comes and moves ahead with trend. Every year, Some of the other word pop ups from a Chillax guys in Mumbai colleges which gets popular between groups and gradually spread around other colleges. Below are some of the latest college lingo and short words and their meaning used in some top colleges of South Mumbai and suburban.
- Sick : Is Amazing now, Yes complete meaning took the roller coaster and has formed a reverse lingo in colleges. Wait for more below.
- Maggu : A studious bookworm type guy.
- HMU : Its a short code, Full form of HMU is ‘Hit Me Up’. Basically telling someone to come online on some chat or whatsapp app and ping to get conversation started.
- YAAS : A Cool way to say ‘Yes’.
- Okurr : An example, A pal calls up another and says ‘Will pick you up in my car to college’ and in reply he says ‘Okurr’ which means ‘Ok and Thanks’.
- Khajjal : A Confused guy. A Hindi sentence that fits in the word is ‘Abe kya Khajjal jaise dekh raha hai’.
- Fiyahh : Referring to Controversies.
- OTP : We all get an OTP via SMS on our phone, But here it is not ‘One Time Password’, Full Form here is ‘One True Pair’ referring to a couple seems to be a perfect match for each other, Ek Duje Ke Liye type.
- Infi : A short word for ‘Infinite’.
- IDK : Common on chat conversations ‘I Don’t Know’.
- OMW : Full form ‘On My Way’.
- LIT : This one is so different to the lingo it refers. It means ‘Exciting’ or ‘Awesome’.
- Totes : Totally.
- WTV : Stands for ‘Whatever’.
- YKW : Means ‘You Know What?’, Usually used while telling someone about something.
- Salty : This Slang refers to a Looser.
- Polt : Politics
- Lukkha : This one is very old and commonly used in Mumbai, Not just in colleges. Lukkha refers to a person without work with lots of time to waste. It also refers to someone negative look wise.
- WYD : Asking ‘What You Doing ?’.
- Adding ‘ax’ to words : A Cool way of using slangs and making it a new college lingo. Like ‘Chillax’,’Bantax’,’Kultax’.
- Kultesh : Comes from a hindi word ‘Kulti’ which also means move away or simply go. Used in sentences like Chal yaar Kulti Marte Hai, In Short word the lingo becomes Lets ‘Kultesh’.
- Chummeshwari : Refers to a performance or to a person directly. When someone performs outstanding, They say ‘Chummeshwari Performance’ and when referred to a person directly, It’s a compliment saying you look Cool and I Like.
- Harkuchi : Huge or Large in Number.
City Slang Tapori Gully Boy Language
Below are the most common Hindi slang of Mumbai used by Mumbaikars while travelling in Local Trains, Bus and Market areas and other public places and is not considered stylish as lots of words are not polite. But that is Mumbai and such Tapori language is used since decades now, when city was called ‘Bombay’.
Let’s Have Some Gully Boy Slangs First
- Gully : Street.
- Bhai : Brother (Used for Bro).
- Bohot Hard : Really Tough.
- Bantai : Friend.
- Lukkha : Workless Wanderer.
- Shana : Smart Guy.
- Faad de : Give your best.
- Pantar Log : Buddies.
- Fakkad : Foodless but Happy.
- Machand (Machaand) : A noisy group competition full of energy and shouts.
- Ghanta : Multiple meanings as this word is used casually in many ways (Proving you wrong, Referring to male organ and more..) Exa : Usko Ghanta Maloom Hai : He Doesn’t know anything.
Special thanks to all the friends who commented below and added weight to the slang. Bole toh, Thank you Ha Bidu log.
|Mumbai Slang(Tapori Words)||Meaning|
|Ek Dum Jhakaas Bidu||You Going Perfect|
|Bole Toh||I Mean|
|Waat Lag gayi||I Am Screwed (Kind Of Problem Created)|
|Bhai Ekdum Eksat Hai (Shoe Retailers Slang)||Good Quality Stuff|
|Kya Thakela Maal Chipka Diya||You Gave a Bad Quality Stuff|
|Chal E Zandu||Move away you idiot|
|Pani Cum||Generally Referred When asking for Tea at street side tea stalls, Which means ‘Give me good Quality Tea’ with ‘less water (i.e Pani Cum)’. Otherwise referred to a person as ‘Not so cool’.|
|Khajoor||In Real ‘Khajoor’ means the fruit ‘Dates’, Here it again means referring a person like a stupid with no sense.|
|Shaane||Bad Tone of Referring a person as ‘Smarty’.|
|Fattu||Referred to a Scared Person.|
|Vatakle Idharse||Move Out of here You AssH..|
|Saltale||Solve it Here Only|
|Chipka Dal||Give it.|
|Kya Haal Hai Boss||How are you dear|
|Kidhar Ja Raila Hai||Where are you going ?|
|Abe Chindi||Word Chindi is kind of teasing and saying you are behaving cheap.|
|Buskya yaar||Common Dear (Or Exa: Common you know it dear)|
|Khali Wali||Actually words from a hindi song, But in Tapori slang it is used to say ‘Move Away’|
|Locha Hogaya or Lafda Hogaya||Messed up Or There is some problem|
|Chava Lagraha hai||You looking handsome|
|Kalti Marle||Lets Move Quitely From Here|
|Jhol Kiya Kya ?||Did you used some wrong way of doing thing ?|
|On Mumbai Street boys talk looking at beautiful girl (Slang : Mast Item Hai Re)||Wow what a beautiful babe.|
|Hilgaya yaar||I was kind of amazed or astonished (Depends on how and what they use it.)|
|Abe Saale||Casual way of calling when other friend is not ready for something.|
|Chal Hawa Ane De||Move out of my way or be away, Kind of threatening (Typical Tapori language)|
|Chayyla||A word used when are angry or made fool of yourself (Typical Slang).|
|Bohot keeda hai tere mein||Meaning goes like : U messing up unnecessarily.|
|Chal milte hai||Cya OR See you later|
|Pakka (A word Commonly used in market or between friends)||Means : Confirm right|
|Alibaug ka samajta Hai kya ?||You think i am a fool ?|
|Kaat Dalega samjha kya||Will kill you|
|Chakkaas||A word used when he feel very good about some thing, like seen a movie he says ‘Kya Chakkas movie tha re’|
|Fulltoo hai||He is drunk|
|Dimaag Ki Nas Mat Kheech||Dont irritate me okay|
|Fattu hai||He is afraid or panicked|
|Kharcha Pani Du Kya ?||Typical Tapori Language (Means : Do you want beating from me ?)|
|Waat lagayi re.||I made a mess|
|Khopche Mein Lu Kya||Do you want a slap from me|
|Raag Mat de||An action word to make someone afraid|
|Wo Line De Rahi Hai||That girl is intersting and giving positive signals.|
|Sumdi mein vatakle||Move away from this place quietly|
|Sumdi me komdi||Get work done without noticing anyone|
|Hawa Tight||Shit, Scared of something.|
|Game Bajaneka||An Awful way of referring to having ‘S*X’. Also as heard in movies, It means to Kill someone.|
|Sitam Cha/Dha Rela Hai||Gaining Fame, Gaining Popular.|
|Hila Dala Bidu||He Stunned me, He Was Awesome.|
|Ekdum Rawas||Usually used while referring to an Attractive Lady with Beautiful Vitals.|
|Rapchik||Se*y or Attractive.|
|Abe Dhakkan||You Fool|
|Dhed Shane (used like ‘Wo Dhed Shana Hai’||Acting Smart (Means : That guy acting smarter ha..)|
|Abe langoor||Again this one word slang means, You Fool / Idiot|
|Hul De Raha Hai Kya ?||Are you scaring me ?|
|A Chote||Hey Small Brother|
|Watakle||Hey Small Brother|
|Cutting Chai||Half Cup of tea|
|Chal Nikal Le||Scaring other guy by saying ‘Hey You move out from here.”|
|Vulgar Slangs (Read Only If You Are Age 18 and Above)||Meaning|
|Gandu||A vulgar word, just like one uses ‘You F*c*er’|
|Chutiya Samjha Hai Kya (Vulgar Language)||using this bad word, trying to prove that i am smart and not fool me around ok.|
|Bumboo Lag Gayi||Screwed badly|
|College Campus Lingo||Meaning|
|Pinging||Trendy word use in replacement of ‘texting’ in mobile sms conversation.|
|Blabber||Talking continuously on a topic, Chattering whatever comes in mind|
|RAD||Like we says, Its cool.. Now said its RAD. Actually a short word for ‘Radical’|
|Nube||Used to mock a person who does use much of his / her wit.|
|Fizz Out||An Alternate word for ‘Chill Out’|
|EMO||An Alternate word for ’emotional’. Like “His is getting very EMO about her’|
|THE PITS||Used when referring a worst condition.|
|Zoned||Refers to state of mind. Its like i was zoned out after such long lecture in college..|
|Spazzed||An old English word some times used in some idiotic situation happened. E.g : Every one was looking at him as though he was spazzed (a crazy situation happened)|
|Facchad||Showing oneself a newbiew or fresher. E.g Even i am a Facchad i was well recognized by all.|
|Waanda Hogaya||There’s a minor problem|
|Jhol Hogaya||There’s a Big Problem|
|Raada Hogaya||A huge problem, This slang is also used when kind of fight broken out.|
|Ekdum Hill jayga Tu||You’ll be surprised|
|Chal Apun Kalti Marta Hai||I am moving out of this situation|
|Shendi mat Laga||Don’t make me fool|
|Chal Shane Hawa Ane De||Just get out of here, You smart fool|
|Aare Galat Faimi Hogayi Lagta hai||A very casual Hindi slang (Possibly a Urdu word) meaning being ‘Seems like some kind of misunderstanding happened’|
|Tu Roz Fultu Hota Hai ?||Do you drink daily?|
|FAT Gayi ?||Are you Afraid ?|
|Du Kya Karcha Pani ?||Shall i bash/punch you ? In Arrogant tone|
|Khopche mein le re isko||Take him in silent corner, Basically slang used during oral fight saying ill bash you|
|Kya Zakaas Item Hai Re||What a beautiful Women|
|Raag Mat De (OR) Badi Badi Chod Mat||Don’t Bluff|
|LOAD nahi laneka||Don’t take tensions|
|Kya Zagmag / Dinchaak Kapda Pehna Hai||Wow you wearing a shiny clothes|
|Hata Sawan Ki Ghata||I Don’t care it anymore|
|Jyaada PAKAA Mat||Don’t bore me anymore|
|SUMDI me kar||Do the work Quietly without anyone noticing|
Note : Their are more of slang which are vulgar and swear, I didn’t mind listing it here but that will affect the ranking on Google. YET YOU ARE FREE TO WRITE IT VIA COMMENT BOX BELOW…. Bole toh Likh Dalo Na Mamu… :)