“Mumbai City’s First Shilpgram, located near Jogeshwari caves (Buddhist Caves) on JVLR (Jogeshwari Vikhroli Link Road). Purely handmade art and craft village as main attraction, Shilpgram will give visitors a chance to get hands on pottery making experience. More details, Pictures, Video, Entry fee (Ticket charges for Adults and Kids) etc will be added soon. Below is address and timings of this village cum garden dedicated to art and handicraft work as details by city BMC..”
Will be open to public by Mid October 2018, I will try to keep updated and informed. Please keep connected socially.
Village and Garden Attractions
Shilpgram will the first and the only village with garden and other attractions covering 12 acres of land at Majas village located near Jogeshwari Buddhist Cave adjacent to JVLR (Andheri East). It is a huge green vertical and landscape garden with multiple sections, each showcasing country culture and tradition in the form of Art, Craft, Dance, Water fountain shows. An ideal location for Art Craft lovers of Mumbai and tourists primarily.
- Water Fountains : This section inside Shilpgram is sure be getting major attention and will be centre of attraction where more than one water fountains are seen. Speciality of these fountains is that it will be taking shapes of famous monuments and heritage structure of Mumbai and around India, Which will be a mesmerizing view when enlightened and glowing. A water show with water in fountain taking shapes of various edifice and other structures with glittering visuals.
- Shops : Yes, there will be shops from where you can purchase purely hand made traditional artefacts which are made of Wooden, Stone, Glass, Metal and also few terracotta products.
- Pot making for visitors : If you are curious on exploring clay and pot making, There will a separate area mostly in centre location of this village to explore and get a real feel of pot making.
- Amphitheatres : About 3 Amphitheatres will be seen inside, of which one will be a water fountain amphi.
- Gardens : This will not be like the usual garden as seen around, Like the famous Hanging garden of Mumbai and others. Sure, there will be a flower garden, but this one is different. There are huge flat landscape and vertical steep gardens, a beautiful glance with specially adjusted contour rocks that will make every spectator wow to the creations.
- Live Shows : Inside this village, One can also enjoy various cultural & traditional dance and puppet shows, Specially dance forms from south of India.
How to Reach : Nearest Railway station is Jogeshwari East (Western Railway Route). It may take anything between 20 minutes to Half hour from station depending on traffic. Head towards National Highway that connect Balasaheb Thackeray Flyover to JVLR. The location will be on Right side. One can also reach from Andheri East or Ghatkopar West via Auto or other modes like BEST buses, Cabs.
Car Parking : Ample car parking facilities available for private cars and tourist buses (Volvo etc).
Kindly Note : Information and details like timings, entry fee and other may change from time to time. We will update this article again once the Shilpgram village is open to public.