24 Hours Mumbai is great, But affordable Rs.10 ‘Shiv Bhojan’ Meal Thali lunch plate under ‘Shiv Bhojan Yojana’ is AWESOME. Hope the 3 months trial project that started on the 71st Republic Day on 26th January 2020 last forever and the core minimum of human requirement, i.e. basic minimum ‘FOOD’ reached every Indian citizen and not just Mumbai. Bravo Shiv Sena for implementing it immediately as soon took control.
Around December 21st, 2019, BMC already rolled out a Thali meal for Rs.10 for employees in BMC Canteens initially & now about 41 locations as listed below.
As per various news, more than 600 locations already started in Maharashtra with daily consumption of more than 1,30,000 thalis daily, which includes cities like Mumbai and Pune, With Mumbai itself having about 41 locations as of October 2021. Not all canteen locations’ address is known as of now, But below are a few and will be updated as soon details are received.
UPDATE 2023: Shiv Bhojan App was introduced, But as reviews say, it has bugs and was last updated in August 2022.
UPDATE August 2022 : Few more canteen address and locations added below.
UPDATE October 2021: Pandemic Rates of Rs.5 Per thali has been revised to regular Rs.10 at all locations in Maharashtra. The updated list of addresses is below.
UPDATE April 2020: Understanding the pandemic of COVID-19, All the Shiv Bojan Thali’s are Charges Only Rs.5 as of date. This a perfect time to increase the number of canteen locations and services around various locations of Mumbai & Suburbans.
Shiv Bhojan, Affordable Lunch Thali in Brief
In the year 2020 Mumbai, Shiv Sena is a political ruling party of Maharashtra. Particularly in Mumbai, Aaditya Thackeray (Cabinet Minister of Tourism and Environment Government of Maharashtra) had a vision and dream of 24×7 Mumbai and Affordable food meals for the labor class and needy citizens.
Soon the party won the political battle and started serving the state, Few things topped the agenda that was far pending, Of which the ‘Shiv Bhojan’ scheme was one of the fasted implemented starting 26th January 2020. Irrespective of caste & creed, Minimum basic food should reach every needy is what the thought behind.
The pilot project which is implemented for 3 months has already picked up the fire with long queues for this lunch thali. Sena already promised during the elections and made it an agenda and is one of the programs on the Common Minimum Programme (CMP) list they have.
At just rupees 10 (INR), This lunch plate under the ‘Shiv Bhojan’ scheme will be served daily in about 112 selective canteens around Maharashtra, Majorly at government hospitals and locations where labor class majors. So is what I said personally, A far more important and needs of time decision compared to 24×7 operating Mumbai (I Love that too). Blessings from the heart will and are already showering the leading party, Shiv Sena, in Mumbai.
Food Menu of This Lunch Thali
Two chapatis (Wheat Roti), 100-gram Vegetables (Bhaji), 150-gram Rice, 100 Gram Dal, and some Pickle & Papad items is being served in a single serving of ‘Shiv Bhojan’. These meal Lunch thalis (Food plates) will only be available between 12:00 to 2:00 noon. Although, feedback from common people demands an extension of time and to cater more.
As per news and scheme, Each thali costs between Rs.35 to Rs.50 depending on the location it is served But will be served only at Rs.10, making sure of the quality of food & services. Many people in Mumbai remember the age-old scheme of ‘Zunka Bhakar’ (Affordable Maharashtrian Dish) at various small canteens around the city for more than a decade which is hardly seen now.
People expect this scheme to be continued in the future with no hurdles in funding and food and serving quality issues. The target of Ten thousand Shiv Bhojan Thali serving per day is great, yet very low in number compared to the number of needy classes that jumped in on day one and the day after every day.
Hope, the young & promising leader ‘Shri. Aaditya Thackeray’ take this to another level and sets an example in Maharashtra with personal blessings pouring in.
Targets to open at major Hospitals, BEST Depots, Railway Premises, Market Areas, and Government offices. As of 26th January 2020, Some 112 Canteens started their operations serving about 70 to 150 Thalis (Lunch dishes) each at the individual canteens (About 10,000 Shiv Bhojan Thali Servings per day) around the state. Various political leaders inaugurated these canteens in various cities, districts, and talukas of Maharashtra state from which Mumbai & its Suburbans got about 70 canteens (Many already operating). I hope someone sends me a complete list of Addresses and locations in Mumbai at least so I can update it here.
‘COMMENTS BELOW THIS ARTICLE’ highly appreciated with details of canteen locations and address if you know any. Below are a few canteen locations operating on a daily basis between 12 to 2 in the afternoon.
- BYL Nair Hospital Canteen : Topiwala National Medical College & B. Y. L. Nair Charitable Hospital, Dr. A.L Nair Road, Mumbai Central – 400008.
- Bandra Collectorate : (Office Of District Collector, Mumbai Suburban) at 10th Floor, Administrative Building, near Chetna College, Government Colony, Bandra East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400051.
- King Edward Memorial Hospital (Parel) : Acharya Donde Marg, Parel, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400012.
- Lokmanya Tilak Municipal General Hospital (Sion) : Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Road, Sion (West), Mumbai – 400022.
- V N Desai Hospital (Santacruz) : 11th Road, Golibar, Santacruz East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400055.
- Dr. R.N. Cooper Municipal General Hospital (Juhu) : U/15, Bhaktivedanta Swami Rd, JVPD Scheme, Juhu, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400056.
- Bharat Ratna Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Memorial Hospital (Byculla) : Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Road, Byculla East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400012.
- Dharavi Mahila Bachat Gat : CMRC – Dharavi, SHG – Samruddhi Mahila Bachat Gat, Maharashtra Seva Shastri Nagar, Dharavi, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400017.
Updated List Of Address as of August 2022
Western Railway Route Shiv Bhojan Thali Locations
- Bandalkar House, Motilal Nagar I, Opposite Siddharth Hospital, Mitha Nagar, Goregaon West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400104.
- Singh tea house No.216, Agarwal Industrial Estate, 139 G, Malcolm Baug, SV Road, Jogeshwari West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400102.
- Cooper Hospital OPD, Indravadan Oza Road, JVPD Scheme, Juhu Vile Parle, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400056.
- Vanita Caterers, Shiv Bhojan Thali No.218, V N Desai Hospital, Road Number 11, Golibar, Santacruz East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400055.
- Sudarshan Caterers No.219, KB Bhabha Staff Hospital, Waterfield Road, Bandra West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400050.
- 9/86 New Municipal Chawl, Dharavi Cross Road, Sant Kakkaya Marg, P.K Kunte Nagar, Dharavi, Mumbai 400017.
- Shiv Thali, Near Durga Wine shop, Prem Nagar, Sheshwadi, Dharavi, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400017.
- Daulat Foundation(Shiv Bhojan Thali No.79), Shop No.1, 90 Feet Road, near Ujvala medical, Gopinath Colony, Dharavi, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400017.
- 123, Subhadra Niwas, Ground Floor, Near Shivsena Shakha, Koliwada, Worli, Mumbai.
- A446/2 Ground floor, Tulsi Building, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai 400013.
- IB Patel Road, Next to Upkar Bar, Sonawala Industry Estate, Goregaon East, Maharashtra 400063.
- Baba Vishwanath Society, Saibaba, Akurli Road, Near the Shivaay Palace Bar and Eestaurant, Gokul Nagar, Kandivali East, 400101.
- 48, Six Xavier Street, Dadar East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400014.
- 123, Subhadra Nivas, Ground Floor, Near Shivsena Shakha, Koliwada, Worli, Mumbai.
NOTE: High expectations of people residing at locations like Borivali, Kandivali & Malad to get some new canteens that provide this Shiv Thali meal services. If reading, I request Shiv Sena leaders taking care of these services to please note & reach the voice of people & me to the chief.
Central Railway Route Shiv Bhojan canteen Locations
- Shop No 8, Atul Sadan, Kala Chowki, Abhyudaya Nagar, Parel, Mumbai, 400033.
- Municipal Corporation Labour Canteen, Plot no. 101/3, Jawahar Road, Upashray Lane, Pant Nagar, Ghatkopar East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400077.
- Anuradha Kitchen No.222, 31, Gokul, Sarveshwar Mandir Road, Takiya ward, Kurla West.
- Murari Shiv Bhojan Thani No.224, Gala No 2/1, Mustafa Market, Khairani Road, Opposite Rehmani Hotel, Kurla West, Mumbai.
- Manora Shiv Thali No.229, Shop no. 138, Ashtavinayak Marg, Opposite Building, Nehru Nagar, Kurla East, Mumbai.
- Anandi Bai Chal, M N Road, Talava Samor, Kurla West, Mumbai 400070 (Not Sure of this address, Kindly confirm in the comments section if you know).
- 2, Link Road, Sion Panvel Expressway, Ambedkar Jyotirling Nagar, Mankhurd West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400043.
- Cherish Fast Food Centre, Shiv Bhojan Thani No.227, Near Onkar Industrial Premises, Railway Station Road, Kanjurmarg East, Mumbai.
- Khushi Restaurant Bhojan No.225, Amir Baug, PL Lokhande Marg, Pestom Sagar Colony, Chembur West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400089.
- Opp. Navjeevan Society, Ramkrishna Chemburkar Marg, Ashok Nagar, Samrat Ashok Nagar, Chembur, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400074 (Not Sure of This Address, Kindly Confirm in Comments if you know).
- Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya Shatabdi Municipal General Hospital, Centenary Building, WTP Marg, Near Pepsi Company, Govandi East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400088.
- Shiv Bhojan Kendra, Lokgram Road, Lokgram, Lok Dhara, Kalyan East, 421306.
- Bharti Raj Society, Shastri Nagar, Manisha Nagar, Kalwa, Thane District, 400605.
- Vaishali Hotel, Near Bank Of Maharashtra, Wagle Industrial Estate, Thane District, 400604.
- Murari Shivbhojan Thali No.224, Gala No 2-1, Mustaffa Market, Khairani Road, opposite Rehmani Hotel, Kurla West.
- Shop No 1, Sharad Complex Oak Baug, Kalyan Railway Station Road, Kalyan West, 421301.
- Shop No 1, Bhandup Dand Apta Road, Mohapada, Rasayani, Navi Mumbai, 410222.
- Patalganga Lunch Home, Chavandholi kaRoade, Taluka, Panvel, Navi Mumbai.
In Pune, APMC (Agriculture Produce Marketing Committee) the opening day took to a new level where about 500 people came for lunch under this scheme and the canteen/shop owner needed police help to handle the crowd, Such is the need of time I mean.
A proposal is already sent to the BEST bus department with positive initial replies about starting ‘Shiv Bhojan’ inside the BEST buses. To be precise, if all things go well, soon a few vacant and dedicated food-serving moving BEST buses will be seen in Mumbai reaching needier. Innovative ideas and huge funding can make this a great success, and my personal wishes for the same.
WHAT DO YOU THINK? Comment below and let us know.
See More in