“Reaching Alibaug from Mumbai city was not that time-saving before. After the regular sole Catamarans rides, The M2M ferry, UbarBoats, and Ro-Ro Ship (Roll On, Roll Off) vessel service it is possible in 20 to 45 minutes.
This time & money-saving service has lots more to offer to many daily commuters who rush to their job and back with the last ferry boat from Churchgate, Now can plan night shifts and more. Get your Bikes and Cars to the vessel and move faster.
Actually planned for those who planning to reach Konkan, Goa beaches from the South and Central of the city. Options to travel are General, AC, or Luxury along with your vehicle which is why the ship services primarily.
Welcome, the first such ferry service between Mumbai Alibaug vessels is called M2M-1. Below are some first looks Photos and about what to expect more..”
Ferry Points (Mumbai) : Elephanta Caves (UberBoat & Catamarans), For (M2M Ferry) is Mumbai Terminal, Ferry Wharf, Bhaucha Dhakka, Mumbai Port, 400010, Maharashtra.
Ferry Points (Mandwa) : Mandwa Terminal, Ropax Service Jetty, Jetty Road, Mandwa, 402201, Maharashtra.
M2M ferry Highlights
Mumbai Alibaug Ferry Boat was a dreamchild project plan of our Road Transport Minister Mr.Nitin Gadkari since 2016, Some legal hurdles in 2018 & 2019, and finally February / March 2020 the giant ship arrived from Greece for public Ro-Ro service between Mumbai Mazgaon Dock (Also Known as Bhaucha Dhakka, Princess Dock, Ferry Wharf) and Mandwa Jetty at Alibaug.
- M2M ferries started fun rides at Mandwa Jetty. Kids can enjoy Trampoline Bungee, Segway, Bouncy Castle, London Bus, Remote Car & Bike all for Rs.200 each.
- 1 Hour Ride that covers 19 Km and saves huge time.
- Car capacity is 500 Passengers and 145 Vehicles (Car, Buses, Bikes, Cycles).
- Best part is that Pets are allowed on the ferry. They have a safe Pet Zone inside the ferry.
- Charges: Rs.360 (Passengers), Rs.300 (Pets), Rs.100 (Cycles), Rs.200 (Bikes), Rs.1000 (4 Wheelers), Rs.3300 (Buses).
- Vehicle Waiting area available at ports.
- Official Site & Customer Support: Contact: 8291902662, Call Timings: 7:00 Am to 9:00 Pm. Email : firstname.lastname@example.org . Or Simply visit website.
The RORO or ro-ro Services
Also referred to as RO-RO cars, Unlike the regular gateway of India ferry services, These are huge ferry ship vessel that is specially designed to carry Wheeled cargo’s like LMV (Car’s etc), HMV (Trucks, etc), Trailers, etc.
Targeted to save time by alternately covering the long road distance via short sea water routes with money also saved by individuals opting for such services.
Catering 24×7 services between two Jetty points (Mazgaon & Mandva) as Roll On and Roll Off cars, finally, Mumbai got its first Red colored giant beautiful vessel almost ready for daily 24×7 Services by Maharashtra Maritime Board (MMB). Such services are already operating in cities like Goa and Karnataka, Gujarat services are temporarily down but are expected to reinstate soon.
In 2019, SCI (The Shipping Corporation of India) planned one such service between Mumbai and Nerul (Navi Mumbai). With this one already rolling, Other planned services are not far from operation in the upcoming time.
Although these Mumbai to Alibaug ferries are blessings for all, I personally feel many such services are actually needed in our Island city & suburban locations between Borivali, Bhayandar to Vasai and Virar, Bandra and Andheri Beaches to Malad Madh, etc. Cheers & thumbs up for the city’s first such vessel service.
Mr. Nitin Gadkari sir is one mastermind to make optimum usage of technology and create opportunity & services using simple & useful ideas, taking maximum benefits at a ground level related to transportation that also helps the environment, create jobs and get rolling with various such public services.
In 2016, He also acquired a piece of land from MbPT at Bhaucha Dhakka to build a terminal that is ready and all the Dredging work already finishes on both jetty points.
As per news, Ro-Ro ferry boat services will be in 3 different travel classes (General, Luxury, and AC Travel) which will be operating 24×7, 365 days which of course means Monsoons too. Got an instant thought of boarding this ship on one fine rainy day to reach Mandva port? It can be a perfect day picnic as Mandva Jetty has lots on its to-do list for a day.
UbderBoat Between Mumbai and Alibaug
Masters of private car rental road rides, Uber has its ferry boat services started for Mumbai Alibaug and Other attractions locations like Elephanta Caves too. The ride is costly but time-saving. Book the ferry boat (A speedboat) ride via Uber App that costs Rs.5700 (8 seater boat) and Rs.9500 for a Charter on UberBoat-XL (10 to 12 seater ferry boat).
So now, We Mumbai people have multiple options, Save money and spend 50 minutes of travel time using the old is gold Catamarans ferry or Opt-in to save time and reach maximum in 20 minutes from Mumbai to Alibaug Mandwa spending on UberBoat Speedboat Charters ferry boat ride.
Things You Should Know about M2M Ferry
Already many articles and pieces of information floating on the web regarding this Ro-Ro service, So I have thought of the quickest possible way to give information about this car service with below short highlights. Hope you like and I expect to get some comments below from those who experienced this service starting this February end 2020.
- Ferry Details: The vessel is named M2M-1 and one can also track the current position of the same via a portal here. It’s a huge 95-meter long ship that goes at 15 Knots speed and is 18 meters wide too.
- Operating Jetty Docks: Mumbai Mazgaon Port/Dock to Mandwa in Alibaug and Back.
- M2M Vessel Capacity: 16 to 18 Small Big Buses, About 180 to 200 Cars, and 500 Passengers.
- Trip Time: One Ro-Ro ferry trip will take about 45 minutes with an extra 15 minutes for loading and unloading vehicles, Which is about a total time of 60 Minutes (1 Hour). 2 Hours are saved compared to a road trip taken for the same.
- Individual Ride Fares: Although the fares may change from time to time, Initially planned ride charges will be Rs.220 (General Class), Rs.330 (AC travel) & Rs.550 (Luxury Ride). Details will be updated soon.
- Vehicle Charges: For Cars, Trucks, Buses, etc, Depending on the size and weight of the vehicles, Initial approximate charges will range between Rs.1100 to Rs.1500 to Rs.1900 per ride.
- Operating Timings: Initially every 3 hours, 24×7, Also during Monsoon. Once received proper response, Another ship is already planned to be introduced on the same route.
- Distance & Time Saved: From Mazgaon Dock to Mandwa Jetty at Alibaug, It takes about 20 Km sea ride (1 Hour ride), Whereas via Road it shows 104 Km on Google map (Approximate 2 Hours 57 Minutes, With little traffic, It goes beyond 3 hours Minimum). That’s a huge saving of time & energy.
- Money Saved: Mr.Jayant Patil (MLA, PWP) explained how cheap it is to use these sea services. The Per Km transport cost via Ro-Ro ship sea route is as low as 25 Paise, Compared to Rs.2 per Km via Railways and Rs.7 Per Km distance via Road travel.
More details about these services will be updated as and when received. Stay tuned and speak your heart by giving a review and ratings on Google on how you liked the information here.
See Also : Alibaug’s Lighthouse.
*Pictures Courtesy: Social Media Forwards.
See More in