“Already in early months of the year 2022, we can see many Electric vehicles 2 Wheelers & 4 Wheelers (Bikes & Cars) having green color number plates that proudly tags a vehicle as ‘Eco Friendly & No Pollution’ vehicle.
EV (Electric vehicles) needs Public Charging stations or a Private Charging setup at home for all / any vehicle in Mumbai and other cities in India. Many of such stations are already in operation. Below listed are location addresses of all such ‘Public Charging Stations’ which Slow & Fast charging capacity set up in Mumbai, Suburban and Nearby Locations like Thane, Palghar, Vasai Virar locations as of 2022.
As of date, They are 300 to 350 EV power charging points that are set up privately and also by giant Electric vehicle companies like ‘Tata Charging Station’ in the city and National highways that are connected.
Below are the currently operated Charging stations (Major Slow Charging) in Mumbai South locations like Worli, Colaba, Santacruz, Dadar, Prabhadevi, and in North Suburban like Andheri, Bandra, Jogeshwari, Goregaon, Malad and at Central route locations like Kurla, Vikhroli, and others as listed below..”
North Suburban Charging Stations
- A Wing, Marina Enclave, Malad, Kharodi Village, Malad West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400064, Open 24 hours.
- Eva Charging Station, 59th Floor, Platina, C/59, G-Block Road, Near Citibank, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra East, Mumbai 400051.
- EVteQ: 104, Quantum Tower, Behind SBI, Rambaug lane, SV Road, Malad West, Mumbai – 400064. Opens at 10:00 AM.
- Woocharging: 201 Ivy, Film City Road, Goregaon East, Mumbai – 400063.
- Charge And Drive Charging Station: G-603/604, Vasari Hill Road, Sunder Nagar, Malad Goregaon West, Mumbai – 400064.
- SHREE, Plot No.18/C, Pushtiker Society, Next to Mahavir Jain Hostel, Opposite Harbour line Platform no.5, Jogeshwari West.
- Moiz Apartments, 12th Road, Above Upadhyaya Nursing Home, Santacruz East.
- 1, IA Project Road, Sahar Village, Andheri East, Mumbai – 400047. Open 24 hours.
- Volttic Charging Station: Military Road, Raje Shivaji Nagar, Marol, Andheri East, Mumbai – 400072. Open 24 hours.
- Tata Charging Station: Clue Hunt Andheri, KL Walawalkar Marg, Sahayog Nagar, Bhudargarh Colony, Andheri West, Mumbai – 400102. Open 24 hours.
- Tata Charging Station: B/6, Cross Road BJB Nagar, Bhim Nagar, Andheri East, Mumbai – 400069. Opens 8:00 AM.
South Mumbai Charging Stations
- VoltaPoint: 527, Building No.2, SRA Cooperative Society, Prabhadevi, Near Ahuja Towers, Mumbai – 400025
- BEST Electric Charger for Mahindra e2oPlus: Municipal Colony, Worli Shivaji Nagar, Worli, Mumbai – 400030. Opens 8AM
- Tata Charging Station: Mukesh Chowk (Umar Park/Tata Garden, Breach Candy, Cumballa Hill, Mumbai – 400026 (In Indian Oil & CNG pump).Open 24 hours
- Kazam Charging Station: Ground Floor, Nana Niwas, Gokhale Road, Baburao Parulekar Marg, Dadar West, Dadar, Mumbai – 400028.
Central Route EV Charging Locations
- EV Station Kurla: Entrance Gate 3, Phoenix Market City, Lal Bahadur Shastri Road, Kurla (West), Mumbai – 400070. Opens at 10:00 AM
- Sewri Chembur Road, Eastern Freeway, Opposite Imax Dome, Wadala, Mumbai – 400037. Open 24 hours
- Tata Charging Station: Pirojshanagar, Vikhroli, Mumbai – 400079. Open 24 hours
- Gulmarg Substation, Anushakti Nagar, Mumbai – 400094
- Railway Ticket Room, Near Sai Seva Krupa Society, Kurla East
- Tata Power EV Station: Anik Depot, Municipal Kamgar Vasahat, Trombay Indusrial Area, Chembur, Mumbai – 400022. Open 24 hours.
EV Charging Stations at Vasai Virar locations
- Chinchoti Anjur Phata Rod, Deodal – 401208.
- Raft Motors, 105, Centre Point, Sativali Road, Vasai East, Vasai Virar Location, Palghar – 401208.
- Nicholas Compound, Sativali Road, Vasai East, Vasai-Virar, District Palghar – 401208.
- Shop 3 & 4 Rajprabha, Landmark Building No. 6, Sativali Road, Near Range Office, Golani Naka, Vasai East, Vasai-Virar location, Palghar – 401208.
- Shop No.5, Perier Co-Operative Housing Society Ltd, Opposite D-Mart, Bhabola, Husaini Colony, Vasai West, 401202.
- Shop No.6, Madhav Bungalow, Bungali Road, Next to Park Inn Hotel, Bhabola, Vasai West, 401201.
- 1 & 2, Dhuri Industrial Complex 1, Waliv Phata, Vasai (East), Palghar – 401208.
- Vrindavan-2, Mittal Enclave, Naigaon East, Palghar – 401208.
Tata Motors EV Charging Stations
As of writing this the installation at Tata Power are CCS2 & Slow chargers (Details and Station Address Locations from Their website).
- TML Inderjit: Ground Floor, Platinum Building, Next to Brand Factory Showroom, Hatkesh Udhog Nagar, Mira Road, Thane.
- Oberoi Mall: Western Express Highway, Yashodham, Goregaon East, Mumbai – 400063
- Keshva Motors: Shop Number 10 & 11, Marathon Max, Mulund Goregaon Link Road, Nahur West, Mumbai, 400080.
- Inderjit Cars: 1059/1060, Adarsh Nagar, Near Infinity Mall, Off New Link Road, Andheri West, Mumbai – 400053.
- Tata Power RS: KL Walawalkar Marg, Sahayog Nagar, Bhudargarh Colony, Andheri West, Mumbai – 400102.
- Ginger Mumbai: Teli Galli Road, Near Railway Station, Andheri (East), Mumbai – 400069.
- Hotel Suba Galaxy: NS Phadake Marg, Opposite Teli Galli, Near Eastern Expres Highway, Andheri East, Mumbai 400069.
- Zenith Chemical: B/6, Cross Road, BJB Nagar, Bhim Nagar, MIDC Marol, Andheri East, Mumbai.
- Volltic PCS04: Gala No.14 A, KBM compound, Military road, Raje Shivaji Nagar, Marol, Andheri East, 400072.
- Hotel Suba International: Sahar Road, Near Cigarret Factory, Chakala, Andheri East, Mumbai 400099.
- IOCL COCO: Bandra Kurla Complex, New Coco At, C-67, Bharat Nagar Road, G-Block BKC, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra East, Mumbai – 400051.
- IOCL Kini Causway: 36, SV Road, Santosh Nagar, Bandra West, Mumbai 400050.
- Tata Power: Dharavi Receiving Station (Tata Power Slow chargers) : Near Shalimar Industrial Estate, Matunga, Mumbai 400019.
- OCL – COCO: Plot No, Plot No.1207, Cadell Road, Prabhadevi Cadel Road, Mumbai – 400022.
- Puneet: Lloyds Centre Point, Appasaheb Marathe Marg, Dadar West, Prabhadevi, Mumbai – 400025.
- Palladium: 462, Tulsi Pipe Road, Lower Parel, Mumbai – 400013.
- Raheja: Saat Raasta (Tata Power slow chargers) 25A, Sane Guruji Marg, RTO Colony, Mumbai Central, Mumbai – 400011.
- Nathani Heights: Junction of Bellasis Road and Dr D.B Marg, Mumbai Central, Mumbai 400008.
- IOCL: Bhulabhai Desai Road, Breach Candy, Near Tata Garden, Mumbai – 400026.
- CSMT EV Charging Station: P D’Mello Road, Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus Area, Fort, Mumbai – 400001.
- Hotel Suba Palace: Apppllo Bunder Road, Near Gateway of India, Fort, Mumbai 400039.
- Brookfield: Pay & Park, Central Ave, Hiranandani Gardens, Powai, Mumbai – 400076.
- Brookfield: Spectra, High Street, Hiranandani Gardens, Powai, Mumbai – 400076.
- Tata Power Ev Station: The Tata Power Company Limited, 400 kv Project, Vikhroli Sub Station, Godrej Soap Premises, Vikhroli (East), Mumbai 400079.
- Phoenix Market City: LBS Road, Kamani, Kurla West, Mumbai – 400070.
- Mahanagar Gas Limited: MGL Terminal, Opposite Anik Depot, Wadala, Mumbai – 400022.
Charging Station Infrastructure & Future Plans
Government is in full support of such vehicles and is promoting & supporting Big Indian Manufacturers of Electric vehicles like Tata Motors & Mahindras, And the results of the same are already visible. Authorities are targeting about 1500 stations in the next few years.
Private firms are welcomed by the government with a minimum of 100 square meters of place to Install such Public Charging stations and are ready to permit locations & private premises like large-size Housing societies, Cinema & Shopping Malls, Wedding Halls, Recreation places, and other public places. Few of the stations already operate 24 hours and many more are planned accordingly.
They have already planned charging points at major Bus Depots & Public parking places owned/operated by BMC. Government is serious about allowing big housing societies & plotted house owners (‘Terms & Conditions Applied’) to install Charging infrastructure. In such a situation, Station ownership will be private with Domestic meters that are installed for ‘Slow Chargers’ which are ideal for most Non-Commercial vehicles. The mode of Charging for such vehicles will be AC (Single Charging Gun).
Building premise that fulfills the terms may also be allowed to install charging stations for ‘Commercial use’ which will be called ‘Public Charging Station’. Terms & Conditions & norms may get updated from time to time in the future. As of date & planned, the Minimum requirement to be fulfilled for such commercial setup is detailed next. For Example, For 4 Wheelers (4W) there should be 1 ‘Slow Charging’ for each 3 Electric Vehicles (Ev’s) & 1 ‘Fast Charging’ for each 10 Electric Vehicles (Ev’s). Similarly, 3 Wheeler (3W) Charging Station should be set up with 1 ‘Slow Charging’ point for 2 EV’s each & for 2 Wheelers/bikes (2W) there should be 1 ‘Slow Charging point’ for each 2 EV and also 1 ‘Fast Charging’ each for 10 Electric vehicles (‘Passenger Vehicles’) like buses. Kindly note that terms of setting up Electric Vehicle Station Infrastructure may change from time to time.
Sharing some information about ‘Charging Speed’ in layman terms for citizen owning or like to own an ‘Electric Vehicle’ as it is clearly the future. Charging power is determined by the time it takes to charge a vehicle according to the magnitude of a charging point.
A small private house owner may have a point that charges as slow as 1.2kW (Called ‘Level 1’ Charging Point), Compared to which an Advanced infrastructured Public Charging Station may fully charge a vehicle at 350kW (‘Level 2’ Charging Point), While a ‘Level 3’ Charging point will be into FC (Fast Charging Category) which has a ‘DC’ point compared to other levels which have ‘AC’ point.
So, a home privately owned charger which uses 230V/15A power performs a maximum delivery of 2.5kW power charging. The Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) sends those AC currents to Vehicle onboard charger which converts those AC currents to DC currents for the battery to be charged. DC is a fast charging technology that sends a minimum of 50 kW that boosts the charging time of a vehicle as it is directly charged at ‘Public Charging Stations’ compared to ‘Home / Private’ Charging.
Abbreviations used for EV infrastructure are as :
- 2Ws: Two wheelers.
- 3Ws: Three wheelers.
- 4Ws: Four wheelers/ PV(cars).
- PVs: Passenger Vehicles.
- CVs: Commercial Vehicles.
- EV: Electric Vehicle.
- SC: Slow Charger/ Slow Charging (AC).
- FC: Fast Charger I Fast Charging (DC and a few AC ones).
- PCS: Public Charging Stations.
- PCI: Public Charging Infrastructure.
- Private CI: Private Charging Infrastructure.
- MBBL: Model Building Bye-Laws, 2016.
- FCB CS: Fluid Cooled Battery Charging Station.
- BS: Battery Swap.
- UNFCC: United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change.
- URDPFI: Urban and Regional Development Plan Formulation and Implementation Guidelines, 2014.
- IPCC: Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
- GHG: Green House Gases
- NSP: Network Service Provider (information network).
- SP: Service Provider.
- EVSE: Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment.