“The oldest & famous Girgaum (Also Called ‘Girgaon’) Chowpatty beach gets uplifted viewing deck. Second of its kind of structure after the first constructed at Dadar beach deck, which was opened to the public on 9th February 2022 and is one of the so many upcoming coastal view decks in Mumbai.
Open to the public on 9th April 2022, This one is located on the north side of the beach adjacent to Walkeshwar Babulnath road junction of Girgaum Chowpatty Beach.”
Second View Deck Gallery Of Vicinity
One must also know that one of the oldest Aerial view deck is already located in the same area, i.e at Kamla Nehru Park (Malabar Hill) facing this beach. That is the old view gallery, Recently renovated and gives an Aerial view of Chowpatty beach & the Nariman Points queens necklace connected. To brief it, The viewpoint previously had ‘Cafe Naaz’, Which was a famous cafe and Bollywood outing in South Mumbai. It was also the preferred movie shooting location.
Back to the new Girgaon Chowpatty beach view deck, Which becomes the second in the location now. This beautiful elevated viewpoint located on the north side of the beach (Towards the Right as you enter) gives the side view of Chowpatty & the beautiful Queens necklace far at the coast of the Arabian sea behind the beach as the deck is facing towards the south.
It is a 475 square meter huge elevated structure built on the ‘Storm Water Drainage’ outlet of Chowpatty beach. Most upcoming decks will be built on the same concept at major ‘Storm Water Drainage’ outlets available around various seafronts of Mumbai.
About 900 to 1000 people can stand and enjoy the view from this elevated structure which will also have a seating area with a capacity of 150 people. 32 light poles are installed that will shine up the deck every evening. Solar panels are installed that make this place self-sufficient in terms of power supply. The seating area of the deck will be beautified with flower plants and will also have Washrooms inside. 70 odd flower pots are said to be installed just like they are installed on Dadar Chowpatty Deck.
This beach is already famous and a major tourist spot in Mumbai due to many reasons, One of the main reasons like Ganesh Visarjan and the delicious variety of street/stall food it serves. The viewing deck will attract more tourist and local crowd now, And if you are looking for more places of attractions to visit around this beach deck, Below are the list.
Viewing Deck on Google Map
Other Places of Attractions Near View Deck
- Kamla Nehru Park & The first Aerial Viewing Deck of Mumbai to enjoy the spectacular view of Nariman Point, Chowpatty & Queens Necklace at a glance. This park is located right behind Chowpatty viewing deck.
- Hanging Garden is adjacent to Kamla Nehru Park.
- Sacred Banganga Water Tank is located in the same vicinity on the way path, while towards the above listed park / garden.
- Jain Temple, Again on the same Malabar hill road towards above mentioned park.
- Babulnath Shiva Temple, One of the oldest temples in Mumbai on the left side of the viewing deck, At 5 Minutes walking distance.
- Taraporewala Aquarium which is adjacent to the beach on opposite side of the road towards Charni Road Train Station.
Note: Hope you are excited to visit this place and will like to share this information with others too.