“Speed up your journey to Navi Mumbai with the latest launch of Water Taxi Services On February 2022, as the speedboats & Catamarans are ready for public travel services.
Below are detailed routes (Operating & Upcoming) like Mumbai Domestic Cruise Terminal (DCT) to CBD Belapur Jetty, JNPT, Karanja & Dharamtar Jetty, Nerul, Khanderi island, and more as planned.
More about Boat timings, Booking options, Fares, Rules, and Contact details.”
Speedboats Routes & Fares
All the Water taxis are operated by West Coast Marine Yatcht Service Pvt Ltd licenced by MMB (Maharashtra Maritime Board) & MBPT (Mumbai Port Trust). See also M2M Car ferry.
Shared & private water taxi services start from Mumbai at Domestic Cruise Terminal (DCT), Princess Dock, Mumbai Port Trust, Mazgaon, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400009.
Below are the 4 operating routes & its fares as of date (i.e February 2022) and more routes and taxi services are expected in future :
- DCT to CBD Belapur Jetty: Travel time 35 minutes.
- DCT to JNPT: Travel time 25 minutes. Shared & Private services available, Cost as of date are Rs.12000 (Privately Booked Water Taxi) & Rs.800 per person on Sharing basis. JNPT to DCT rates are same as detailed.
- DCT to Dharamtar Jetty (Raigarh, Alibaug) : Travel Time 55 minutes. As of date, Only Private / Group bookings are available. No Shared water taxi rides as seen. Cost Rs.24000
- DCT to Karanja Jetty (Uran): Travel Time 45 minutes. As of date, No Shared routes seen. Private & Group bookings available at cost of Rs.18000.
- Upcoming Routes: Some of the upcoming routes from DCT Mumbai are Nerul, Elephanta, Revas & Alibaug Khanderi island.
Navi Mumbai Services Highlights
- On 17th February 2022: Total 8 Boats, of which 7 Speedboats & 1 Catamaran.
- Monthly Pass: Mumbai to Navi Mumbai Belapur Rs.12000.
- Service Timings: 8:30 Am to 7:00 Pm. Daily.
- Speedboat Capacity: 12 seating for small size & large size 20 people. Catamaran capacity is 56 Passengers
- Shared & Private Hiring: Available for Private / group booking or shared service also available on selected routes.
- Speedboat Security: These Speedboats have 2 engines that boosts the speed. Expert team with security features like fire extinguishers, Life Jackets are available in all the boats and service routes.
- Other Facilities: To avoid sunrays, roof canopy are availble in seating area.
- Bookings: Kindly Refer the official website for current cost & online booking & contact options.
- Office Address: 1st Floor, Doli Chamber Near Strand Cinema, Colaba Mumbai, Maharashtra, 400005 India.
Taxi Services Terms & Rules
Although the Terms of services & rules change from time to time (Kindly Contact officials), Below are some initial rules to be kept in mind :
- Reach before half hour of ride timings booked as the boat entry gates close before 10 minutes.
- Carry a valid photo id, mask and maintain social distancing.
- 10 Kg valid luggage (Non-Restricted articles & luggage) allowed per passenger. Rs.1000 per Kg extra when exceeds.
- No cancellation & Refund allowed on Passenger side. Speedboat or Catamaran water taxi operators may re-schedule or cancel due to valid reasons like climate and in such cases, refunds are possible if Passenger demands.