Safe car parking locations during Mumbai monsoon is a must know considering car damages that happened during Monsoon of 26th July 2005, About 6000 which is a huge loss and big hole in public pocket for repairs of there vehicles. By 2009 Mumbai Traffic Police took up a very good initiative saving vehicle from incidents like death door locking Cars during monsoon, Saving bikes and auto from heavy rain floods and repair losses by arranging safe car parking slots for Monsoon in Mumbai city. Below are the location details (May have changed with time).
Flood Safe Car Parking Locations
Again, Predictions for monsoon 2009 were that on 24th July it will again be raining very heavily like 26/7 and people need to be alert for same. This Safe car parking locations and places have already and will surely help during such times, Open to public this car parking can be used during heavy rains and flooding times and below are list and Locations (places) address of such parking. Just keep in mind to follow the traffic rules properly in any situations.
If around Mumbai Airports, here are the safe parking options.
- City Location – Parking Lots at P.D’Mello Road, Behind Siddhivinayak Hotel, Wadibunder Mumbai 400009, With Capacity of 1000 to 1100 cars and Mahalaxmi Race Course, Keshavrao Khadya Marg, Mumbai with car capacity of 400 cars.
- Eastern Suburbs – Nath pai Nagar Ground, Ghatkopar East with Parking Capacity of 200 to 250 cars.
- Eastern Suburbs – Nirmal Lifestyle Mall, LBS Marg, Mulund (West) with car Parking capacity of 800 cars and 200, 2 wheelers like moterbikes etc.
- Western Suburbs – Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Car Capacity of 1500.
- Western Suburb – Chitrakut Ground 26, Shah Industrial East, new Link Road, Andheri (W), Capacity of 300 cars.