“To avoid unknown consequences and accidents, understand the traffic rules and signs when driving which are laid down by traffic authority of Mumbai. This rules applies to all vehicles like two wheelers, four wheelers or any heavy or light vehicle on road..”
Updated January 2015 : Kindly note that new rules and policies related to On Road Car Parking has been listed. Kindly visit the Pay Park Rules and Rates page for same.
Important Traffic Rules and Signs
Traffic police signals are simple and easy to understand, With driving rules it is also important to know the traffic signals used drivers given by Mumbai traffic police department for safe and secure drive for you and to avoid road accidents, Basic signals are as :
- Signals rules to stop vehicles which comes from behind police.
- Signals to stop vehicles coming from the front.
- Rules to stop both vehicles which comes from front and back side of traffic police.
- All cars and other vehicles coming from left and wanted to turn right.
- Signs to stop vehicles coming from right and allowing all that from left wanted to go right.
- Emergency warning signals for all vehicles to stop.
- Signs related to vehicle beckoning.
Traffic rules are very important to follow which includes Driving rules, Traffic Penalties and Licensing rules and Others related using mobile phone while driving, Wearing helmet and Parking rules etc.
Detail pictures of such signs can be found at Traffic Police Signals. Also the road side board signs pictures are available at Road Signs by Mumbai Traffic Police. See Also (New) : Online Learner License, RTO’s in Mumbai