“MHADA (Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority) regulates in creating low cost homes for poor and middle class people.
About 4700 more flats (Homes) are getting ready for year 2017-2018 at locations like Virar, Mankhurd, Borivali, Kurla, Santacruz, Sion, Thane, Powai.
Highest being 3000 upcoming flats to be handed over by 2016 at Virar for which lottery be ready around may 2015.
Below are rules and eligibility to apply for Mhada flats with details like Online application forms, Lottery results, Various locations in Mumbai where redevelopments are done for low cost homes, Income rules (Range and Eligibility), Documents required, Sample specimen form for reference and address and contact helplines etc..”
Kindly note that, Rules and Policies related to Eligibility, Documents, Income Level, Online Forms and results details changes periodically and should be referred at MHADA’s Official website as detailed below.
This is an attempt to understand how and why MHADA projects around Mumbai, Western & Eastern Suburban locations proved to be best when it comes to Low Cost Homes and how things works if you planning to apply and own such cheaper residence in city.
- Since, MHADA (Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority is a government organization, Lottery system flats (Also called ‘Low Cost Homes‘) details are open to people to apply with all right to information.
- No broker or agents are allowed or required to purchase/apply for Mhada flats.All these low cost homes are sold under provisions of Regulation 1981 only, Whenever lottery system is ready Mhada informs people by giving advertisement in multiple leading newspaper in Mumbai and by inviting applications.
- If couples (Husband and wife) need to apply, they have freedom to apply separately, Point to note is if the husband and wife are both selected in the lottery and wins the flat at both the places, they can be allotted only one flat from the lottery.
- Applications needs and initial payment called EMD (Earnest Money Deposit) which will be Returned in 2 weeks to individuals who didn’t win lottery flats.
- Age to apply for such low cost homes should be above 18 years and needs domicile certificate.
- Any of the couple should not have their own separate privately owned home.
- Payment should be done through DD and Pay Orders upon winning lottery.
Note : Mhada also takes care of gardens and playgrounds during redevelopment, Since the shortage of open Mhada Plots, they are planning redevelopments of current old colonies. For more details on Rules and criteria, please refer Mhada Website.
Application Eligibility Rules & Income Limits
According to the newly revamped Income rules, the eligibility to get Mhada Flat has been changed in 2011 for EWS (Economically Weaker Section), Lower Income Group, Middle Income Group and High Income Group. Below table details the size of Flats (Old and New Square Feet Area) and Income Range according to new updates rules.
- EWS (Economically Weaker Section) : New rates (Below Rs.16000), Old rates (Below Rs.8000).
- LIG (Low Income Group) : New rates (Below Rs.16001 to Rs.40000), Old rates (Below Rs.8001 to Rs.12000).
- MIG (Middle Income Group) : New rates (Below Rs.40001 to Rs.70000), Old rates (Below Rs.12001 to Rs.20000).
- HIG (High Income Group) : New rates (Below Rs.70001 and above), Old rates (Below Rs.20001 and above).
Documents Required For Low Cot Homes
- Domicile Certificate Of Applicant.
- Income Certificate Of Applicant.
- Affidavit for Income Proof (Non IT Payers who are self employed).
- Affidavit of Income Proof of Spouse(For Joint application only).
- Affidavit for income Proof in addition to the income earned from employment.
- Other Documents : Birth Certificate Or School Leaving Certificate OR Election Card.
Online Application Forms
Steps to get the online forms and fill the application are below :
- Go to Mhada Lottery Website
- By Default Mhada website will be seen in Marathi Language, If you prefer filling online form in English Language then click on Change language to English on top right.
- Select ‘Apply for Lottery’ in menu if active, If Not active, it means currently you cannot apply online for Mhada flats lottery.
- Next, follow the instructions details in the form on exactly what to fill and submit the form (See specimen form below, for reference purpose only).
Sample MHADA Form
Lottery Results For Home Winners
For those who have already applied and are winners or in waiting, Lottery result page will detail every things that is required, To see if results are positive for you and you have won the Mhada flat, Go to the URL listed in Application form and Click on the ‘Lottery Result’ menu, it will take you to a detailed result page which list 2 options, ‘Winners List’ and ‘Waiting List’.
Mhada Flats/Buildings Locations in Mumbai
Project Development From 2004 to 2008
- New Dindoshi, Malad (East) Construction done in 2004.
- Malvani, Malad, Construction done in 2008.
- Sahakar Nagar, Chembur Construction done in year 2008.
- Kanara Engineering, Ghatkopar, Construction year 2008.
- Shailendra Nagar Dahisar (East) Mumbai, Constructed in 2008
Current Work In Progress Development Locations
Updated December 2014 :
|Notice No.||Mhada Proposed Name|
|Total No. Flats||Lottery Price Range|
(Approximate cost Range)
|Income Group Category|
|256, 257||Virar Mhada Buildings||3000||Not Available||Not Availble (But Seems for all income group)|
|302||Mankhurd||235||15,00000 to 16,00000||Low Income Group|
|303||Kurla Vinoba Bhave Nagar||207||19,00000 to 20,00000||High Income Group|
|304||Sion Pratiksha Nagar||56||29,00000 to 31,00000||Medium Income Group|
|305||Borivali Magathane||62||13,00000 to 14,00000||Low Income Group (Atyalp)|
|306||Dahisar Shailendra Nagar||83||77,00000 to 80,00000||High Income Group|
|307||Santacruz Kolekalyan||51||76,00000 to 79,00000||High Income Group|
|308||Powai Tungwa||9||Around 48,00000||Medium Income Group|
|309||Powai Tungwa||108||74,00000 to 75,00000||High Income Group|
Please Note : You might like to know about the Total Homes and Applicants Details and For very updated details on Mhada Redevelopments and current constructions, please refer their official website.
- New Hind Mill compound, near Rambhau Bhogale Marg, Mazgaon.
- Swadeshi Mill, Compound , Kurla (East), Central Mumbai Suburb.
- A.H. Wadia Marg, Kurla (West).
- Standard Mill, Tokersi Jivraj Road, Sewari, Central Mumbai Suburb.
- Standard Mill, Appasaheb Marathe Marg, Prabhadevi
- Shreeram Mill, Bansode Marg, Worli, South Mumbai.
- Piramal Spinning & Weaving mill compound , Lower Parel.
- Piramal Spinning & Weaving mill compound , Simplex mill Byculla.
- Village Wadhavan, Ban Dongari Marg Kandivali (East) Western Suburb of Mumbai.
- Pahadi Village Goregaon (East), Western Suburb.. More
MHADA Head Office Contact Address
- Mhada Helpline Numbers : +91 (22) 66405099 / 66405010.
- Address : Deputy Chief Officer, (E.M – 1), Room No. 201, First Floor, Griha Nirman Bhavan, Kala Nagar, Bandra (East), Mumbai Pincode – 400051