“Malad a railway station in Mumbai western suburb is one of the crowded location in demand for residential and a preferred shopping destination for every festive season. The well developed interiors like Link Road has attracted many corporates, Call centres and BPO’s in last decade. Otherwise, Just 5 decades before Malad use to be a far off village with hardly any crowd in Mumbai city with some selected communities like Christians, Marwari and Gujarati traditionally getting settled here. Let’s know more about this location, Which is fast growing commercial & residential location of Mumbai suburban, Major known for its wholesale markets..”
Malad now is no more just a village, its very much part of Mumbai city in north. Its a suburb full of hustle bustle and chaos as seen near station area (See Video Below), S V Road or Link road location. Borivali, Kandivali, Malad and Goregaon are all adjacent railway stations with all community people residing.
Far inside villages like Malwani, Marve, Gaothan and famous beaches like Marve and Manori are worth visiting. Some community like Catholics has their preferred residential locations like Orlem, Not very far from Malad Railway station in west. While Gujarati’s prefer station road and locations like Evershine nagar, Chincholi Bunder, Mamledarwadi and Jakaria road.
Let understand Malad location in details focusing on Attractions, Famous residential locations, Travel options, Entertainment, List of schools and Colleges, Hospitals, Important contact numbers in case of Emergency, Some pictures and videos, Road distance and Map, Pincode details and more..
Shopping Markets : Malad is one of the very famous locations in western suburbs known for its cheap retail and wholesale shopping. Its is because of the manufacturing units and wholesale dealers popular for Garment and artificial Imitation Jewellery business market. Natraj market and Municipal market (Also known as Old Municipal Sainath Market) near to station in West are some of the oldest shopping places around for saree, dress, gents wear and more. Shops known for special bridal collections are Baawri, Raj Hans, Man Mandir, Shaagun etc near station and Natraj Market.
Malad Shopping, Gupta Market, Natraj Market, Patel Shopping, Sainath Market are all famous and crowded location due to varieties of goods in wholesale and cheaper prices.
Malls : Tourist has always gots attracted to malls in Mumbai. Two major and successfully running malls are Infinity and Inorbit mall with adjacent Hypercity and D’mart famous for regular grocery, vegetables etc shopping. ‘The Mall’ located adjacent to railway station (west) didn’t got the required boost and is a failure.
Beaches : Famous for multiple beaches connected, this suburb station has series of beaches like Aksa, Erangal, Marve, Dana Paani, Madh Island which has Madh Fort, Manori Beach with Kileshwar Fort.
Apart from listed Shopping locations, Small markets, Beaches and Malls, Movie theatres are for entertainment & leisure here. See list of theatres in Malad.
Famous Residential Locations
Some of the famous locations at Malad west are at S V Road, Liberty Garden, Sunder Nagar, Bhadran nagar, Milap, Chincholi Bunder Road, Jankalyan Nagar, Kharodi Village, Evershine nagar, Whereas in east some of famous locations are Pathanwadi, Raheja Township, Govind Nagar, Mahindra Nagar, Squatters colony and Pratap Nagar. Pincode of Malad is 400064.
Best Non Ac Public buses, BRTS AC buses, Auto’s and Taxi’s, Cool Cabs and various other private cabs are readily available as and when required. As said malad is very well connected to other suburbs, commuting to adjacent suburb stations is very easy and convenient.
Another public transport option which is common for complete Mumbai city is Local trains, Malad is not directly connected to Central suburb or Harbour. One needs to change local trains from Andheri, Bandra and Dadar in case need to travel that long.
Road distance from Andheri International Airport to Malad is 13 km which takes about 20 to 30 minutes of travel time. Details with road map etc here.
Hotels and Restaurants
- Being a Gujarati, Marwari major residential, Malad has lots of restaurants and is know for varieties of eateries too. Small shops & branded sweet and farshan is what Malad is famous for.
- The very old and famous M M Mithiwala & Delhi Sweets as soon as one steps out of Railway station in west is known for its Lassi, Chat, Pani Puri, Samosas and other fresh farshan.
- Delhi Sweets has better seating options and equally best for Punjabi snacks, Lassi, Jalebi and other Farshan food items. Note, This restaurant also have a AC section on top.
- Milap once being an old talkies is a location between Malad and Kandivali very famous its Khau gali for decades, Which is no more due to restrictions on road side eateries.
- Shambhoo Pani Puri wala at Mamledar wadi is worth mentioning as they are one of the oldest and locally famous eateries here near Malad station.
- Malad Link road is the fastest of all developed location in vicinity. Its a hotspot residential and commercials with Malls, Big Flashy restaurants, Branded Showrooms, Banking and Financial institutes and more. Famous restaurants and hotels like Bikaji food junction, Landmark, Greens, 5 Spice, Subkuch, Garden Court Restaurant, Flags, Mumbai tawa, Uncle’s kitchen, Pop Tate’s are few to be listed.
- Some famous lounge at Malad Link Road to be listed are Rude Lounge, On Toes, Slice of Lime, Oro Lounge & Kitchen.
Hotels with lodging and boarding facilities at marve road and link road are Grand Hometel, A Sarovar Hotels, The Retreat Hotel & Convention Centre, The Resort, Hotel Khwaishh Presidency, Privilege Inn, Hotel Sampoorna etc.
List Of Schools
- St Peter School Of Oxford Education
- Ryan International School
- Billabong High International School
- D G Khetan International School
- DR S Radhakrishnan Vidyalaya
- Witty International School
- Shri Balaji International School
- St Annes High School
- Kendriya Vidyalaya
- Pinnacle High International School
- N L High School & Junior College
- Sarvodaya Balika Vidyalaya
List Of Colleges
- K. G. Mittal College of Arts & Commerce
- Atharva College of Engineering
- Rajasthani Sammelam Campus
- Nagindas Khandwala College
- Prahladrai Dalmia Lions College of Commerce & Economics
- Shri M D Shah Mahila College of Arts and Commerce
- SNDT Girls college
- Complete list..
List Of Hospitals
- Adarsh Hospital
- Atul Puranik
- Apte Hospital
- Suvarna Hospital
- Sarogi Hospital
- Lifeline Hospital
- Municipal corporation: +91-22-25153272
- Fire station: +91-22-28602847
- Police station: +91-22-28368352