“One of the secluded beaches at Mumbai suburb, Aksa beach located at Malad is clean, safe, scenic and away from city busy life. Reaching Aksa is easy, Head to this weekend gateway via Malad if you are looking out for a day picnic ideal for family and friends, some isolation to be with self and a great lovers point for a romantic day out. Below are things to know about Aksa beach before you go..”
Things to Know About Aksa Beach at Malad
- Speciality : Since not very frequented by tourists and major visits from citizens only, Beach is much clean and is surrounded by greenery with lots of coconut trees, villages and greenery. It is a perfect place for lovers as well as picnic groups. Small cottages, resorts, pollution free climate and lush greenery all around gives little feeling of being at Goa beach. Since it is one of the 3 to 4 beaches on Madh Marve route, Plans to go ahead and explore other adjacent beaches like Madh Marve Beach, Dana Pani for few hours is a great alternative too. No sharks or dangerous sea animals seen at coastal, so safe enough to hangout. Beach water currents are not friendly and many drowning cases in past are been seen.
- Nearest Railway Station : Malad on western railway route. North Suburban of Mumbai.
- Distance from Malad Station : About 10 Km.
- Travel Options : BEST Buses & Auto Rickshaws.
- Time taken to reach this beach : 40 Minutes without traffic.
- Major Hassle Reaching : Traffic on Madh Marve road during Vacations, Weekends and Public Holidays.
- Best time to Visit : Throughout the year. Beat the summer or Enjoy Monsoons at Aksa Beach. Its your choice.
- Cleanliness : Compared to famous Girgaum beach and Juhu Chowpatty, This beach is cleaner. Yet, more civil sense need of time which is to be seen in many citizens.
- Beach Safety : Moderate, As lifeguards are hardly seen and water currents are bad, So not recommended to swim.
- Car Parking : Ample space available.
- Eateries : Many Hawkers and Vendors like Sweet corn, Pav Bhaji Stalls, Khichiya Papad, Vada Pav, Coconut Water, Lemon Juice (Nimbu Pani) and more.
- Wash rooms : No wash rooms available at Aksa beach, So when nature calls, need to go towards green natural area of this beach.
- Ideal Beach for : One day picnic, Lovers, Sunset view, Cricket on beach, Serenity, Away from bustling city.
- Hotels and Resorts : Available.
- Recommendations : Carry enough cash as ATM’s in the locations may be far off and may be dry of cash. For lovers, enjoy the romantic day and move away by sunset. Also see list of beaches in Mumbai.
- More places to see near Aska : In Borivali Malad Vicinity (North Mumbai Suburban), Malls like Infinity 2 & InOrbit are great place to be. From Marve beach (Near by) take a ferry and reach other side of Island and more clean and good beaches like Manori, Gorai and Uttan available.Amusement and water park like Essel World and Water Kingdom are also near Gorai. Global Vipassana Pagoda, a Huge Meditation centre is in same location. Borivali National Park is one of the biggest in Asai to be.
Pictures Courtesy : Kalyan Singh.