“One of the secluded beaches in Mumbai suburbs, Aksa Beach, located in Malad, is clean, safe, scenic, and away from the city’s busy life. Reaching Aksa is easy. Head to this weekend gateway via Malad if you are looking for a day picnic ideal for family and friends, some isolation to be with yourself, and a great lovers point for a romantic day out. Below are things to know about Aksa Beach before you go..”
Things to Know About Aksa Beach at Malad
- Speciality : Since it is not very frequented by tourists and receives major visits from citizens only, the beach is much cleaner and is surrounded by greenery with lots of coconut trees, villages, and greenery. It is a perfect place for lovers as well as picnic groups. Small cottages, resorts, a pollution-free climate, and lush greenery all around give the feeling of being at Goa Beach. Since it is one of the 3 to 4 beaches on the Madh Marve route, plans are to go ahead and explore other adjacent beaches like Madh Marve Beach, Dana Pani, for a few hours is a great alternative too. No sharks or dangerous sea animals were seen at the coast, so it was safe enough to hang out. Beach water currents are not friendly, and many drowning cases have been seen in the past.
- Nearest Railway Station : Malad on the western railway route north of Mumbai.
- Distance from Malad Station : About 10 Km.
- Travel Options : BEST Buses and Auto Rickshaws.
- Time taken to reach this beach : 40 Minutes without traffic.
- Major Hassle Reaching : Traffic on Madh Marve Road during Vacations, Weekends, and Public Holidays
- Best time to Visit : Throughout the year. Beat the summer or Enjoy the monsoons at Aksa Beach. It’s your choice.
- Cleanliness : Compared to famous Girgaum beach and Juhu Chowpatty, This beach is cleaner. Yet, a more civil sense needs time, which is to be seen in many citizens.
- Beach Safety : Moderate, As lifeguards are hardly seen and water currents are bad, it is not recommended to swim.
- Car Parking : Ample space is available.
- Eateries : Many Hawkers and Vendors like Sweet Corn, Pav Bhaji Stalls, Khichiya Papad, Vada Pav, Coconut Water, Lemon Juice (Nimbu Pani) and more.
- Washrooms : There are no washrooms available at Aksa Beach, So when nature calls, you need to go towards the green natural area of this beach.
- Ideal Beach for : One day picnic, Lovers, Sunset view, Cricket on the beach, Serenity, Away from bustling city.
- Hotels and Resorts : Available.
- Recommendations : Carry enough cash, as ATMs in the locations may be far away and may be dry of cash. For lovers, enjoy the romantic day and move away by sunset. Also see: list of beaches in Mumbai.
- More places to see near Aska : In Borivali Malad Vicinity (North Mumbai Suburban), Malls like Infinity 2 and InOrbit are great places to be. From Marve Beach (Near by), take a ferry to reach the other side of the island and more clean and good beaches like Manori, Gorai and Uttan available.Amusement and water park like Essel World and Water Kingdom are also near Gorai. Global Vipassana Pagoda, a Huge Meditation centre, is in the same location. Borivali National Park is one of the biggest in Asai to be.
Pictures Courtesy : Kalyan Singh.
See More in