“Proving the fasting means of commuting, Mumbai Ahmedabad bullet trains expected to be in operations by 2023 covering distance of 508 km will take about 2 hours 30 minutes with maximum speed of 332 KMPH.
It is a very first phase of Pune-Mumbai-Gujarat transrapid link of total 650 km in distance. This super fast trains will be 4th means of rail transport after Local Trains, Monorails and Mumbai Metros.
Let us know more about this fastest trains in Mumbai like the schedules (Timetable), Travel fares, Routes / Stations between BKC (Mumbai) to Sabarmati (Near Ahmedabad)..”
Bullet Trains Stations and Routes
First route of the planned Pune-Mumbai-Gujarat corridor bullet train will be operating between BKC in Mumbai to Sabarmati (Ahmedabad) (With Total of 12 Station including Gujarat & Mumbai Terminus). Maharashtra will have total 2 stops (Thane and Talasari).
STARTING FROM BKC Terminus(Bandra Kurla Complex)Thane Diva Location (Thane)Talasari (Palghar District)VapiBilimoraSuratBharuchVadodaraAnandNadiadAhmedabadSabarmati Terminus (LAST STATION).
Kindly note that above are the planned stations, More or less of same are possible and will be updated as soon bullet trains starts.
BKC Terminus: The reason to be the first / starting station of this high speed bullet trains corridor at Bandra’s commercial hub BKC is because it is well connected to all other commuting mediums like Bandra station, Which is already a Terminus. It is also connected Western and Central Railway routes. Quite near to Mumbai Suburban Andheri with Metro train already running and also near Mumbai’s International and Domestic Airports which are well connected to Eastern and Western Highways.
Thane: Elevated routing the next stop of station at Thane, Somewhere in / near DIVA station makes it easier for people staying at Central Suburbs like Ghatkopar and Mulund which is also connected to Panvel and Navi Mumbai area.
Talasari (Palghar Area) and Vapi (Gujarat) : Leaving Palghar area and connecting starting stations of Gujarat like Vapi with many people travelling daily for business purpose.
Bilimora : A growing city between Vapi and Surat which actually needed this bullet trains station.
Surat & Bharuch : Major stations of Gujarat, A much developed city with one of the biggest cloth and diamond market inside.
Vadodara & Anand & Nadiad : These are interior stations of Gujarat, Well developed attracting many tourists as near to city.
Sabarmati & Ahmedabad : The last station where bullet trains route ends. The last stop may be Sabarmati or Sarkhel, Vatava or Kankaria.
Mumbai to Ahmedabad Bullet Timetable
Too early to decide on the schedules. This section will be updated as soon the train operations starts and schedules are declared by authorities.
As declared initially, The fare will be about 1.5 times higher than the first class fares currently operated in same route by other trains. This is going to be the fastest travel option from Mumbai and to save time people will at least have an operation apart from flights.
Still this is a tentative and perfect fare rates will be declared once the trains starts its operations. Just for an example an AC 3 Tier for a train like Garibrath from Borivali to Ahmedabad cost about 600 to 900 depending on booking day in advance and other terms. Considering this if a bullet train cost anything between 1200 or bit more.
We will detail in the below section with Updated fares as and when available. We will also update this post with Seasonal Passes (Monthly / Quarterly / Half Yearly & Yearly Passes) and Quick ticking utilities like ATVM Smartcards etc or any new technology that will be in used.
Bullet Trains Fast Facts
- High Speed Rail Corporation of India will be taking care of all such trains.
- Its a high-speed corridor link of about 520 KM, part of Pune-Mumbai-Ahmedabad project of total 650 KM.
- First Active route will be between Mumbai and Ahmadabad taking just 2 hours and 58 minutes with just 10 stops in between.
- Mumbai Metropolitan are will have Thane, Talasari as major stations in route.
- It will the first of about 4 to 5 such trains running in India which will connect all metro cities.
- This bullet train will run at an average speed expected of 332 KMPH, which is double the speed of current running trains.
- 50% is the average time that will be saved, i.e at the highest speed current trains takes about 6 hours time to reach Ahmedabad station, which will be brought down to 3 to 3.5 hours.
- No sleeper seats, Only chair cars seating arrangement will be provided. This will save more space and can carry more passengers.
- This will be a about 12 Coach bullet trains will have German Made Aerodynamic coaches with capacity of carrying 900 to 1200 Passengers.
- Facilities like WIFI internet etc will be provided. Ordering food inside can be done in advance via SMS / EMAIL.
- Total number of stations and routes expected are about 11, which may vary. Out of that 4 major stops will be within Maharashtra state, 2 to 3 with Mumbai Thane locations.
- Top 3 bullet trains operating in world are ‘Shanghai Maglev’ at 430 KMPH, ‘Harmony CRH 380A’ at 380 KMPH at Beijing and ‘AGV Italo’ at 360 KMPH (This one became fastest when seen running beyond 550 KMPH once in 2007).
- Current highest speed train is Shatabdi Express at 150 KMPH.
- About 15 to 16000 people travel regularly on this route with about 25 trains currently running (Fast Mail Trains, Express and Passenger slow trains).
See Also : City’s Railway Map, Station Names,
Quick View of a Shanghai Transrapid Trains
City’s Latest Metro Trains