“Understanding railway station codes of Mumbai While looking at train Indicators, Often many people are new to the Mumbai Local Train Network get confused in understanding station names & its shortcodes.
Also that not all railway stations have a specially allocated shortcode, And it does take some time to understand individual platform LED indicators that display these station codes.
To make things easy and to help understand these ‘Indicator Station Codes’ better for 3 major routes (Western, Central & Harbour) Also there is the ‘Trans-Harbour route’ & ‘Vasai Diva Route’, Below listed are all the station names with codes that are used on every platform train Indicators..”
- Not every railway station in Mumbai’s local train network has a ‘Short Code/Name’. Those that have, are major stations from where the train starts to other locations on the route.
- As said, Western, Central & Harbour are 3 main routes for local trains.
- Few Stations like Bandra, Dadar, Andheri, and Goregaon have both Western & Central Railway Lines.
- CSMT/CSTM/VT/Mumbai CST/Chattrapati Shivaji Terminus Mumbai/Chattrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus are all same and have Station Short Code ‘ST‘.
- Virar station (Western Railway Route) & Vashi (Central Railway Route) both have Station Short Code as ‘V‘.
- Few other Railway stations may have multiple codes like ‘A‘ & ‘AD‘ for Andheri. ‘C‘,’CH‘, & ‘CLA‘ for Kurla/Kurla Junction. ‘BL‘ & ‘BUD‘ for Badlapur.
- Missing station codes means they are not major railway stations or local trains usually do not start from those stations and so codes are not required.
Western Railway Station Codes
Shortcodes for all station names on Mumbai local train WESTERN RAILWAY TRAIN ROUTE.
Dahanu Road (DN) Vangaon Boisar Umroli Palghar Kelve Road Saphale Vaitarna Virar (V) Nallasopara / Nalasopara (NS) Vasai Road / Bassein (BS) Naigaon Bhayandar (BY) Mira Road Dahisar Borivali (BO) Kandivali Malad (M) Goregaon (G) Ram Mandir Jogeshwari Andheri (A/AD) Vile Parle Santacruz Khar Road Bandra (B) Mahim Matunga Dadar (D) Prabhadevi Lower Parel Mahalaxmi Mumbai Central (MMCT) Grant Road Charni Road Marine Lines Churchgate (C).
Central Railway Station Codes
Station Codes for CSMT to Kasara Stations (Via Kalyan)
Mumbai CST/CSTM/CSMT (ST) Masjid bunder Sandhurst Road Byculla Chinchpokli Currey Road Parel Dadar (D) Matunga Sion Kurla (C/CH/CLA) Vidyavihar Ghatkopar (G) Vikroli Kanjurmarg Bhandup Nahur Mulund Thane (T) Kalwa Mumbra Diva Dombivali (DI) Thakurli Kalyan (K) Shahad Ambivli Titwala (TL) Khadvali Vasind Asangaon (AN) Atgaon Thansit Khardi Umbermalli Kasara (N).
Station Codes for CSMT to Khopoli Stations (Via Kalyan)
From CSMT to Kalyan (Route Same as above). Kalyan (K) Thansit Vithalwadi Ulhasnagar Ambernath (A) Badlapur (BL/BUD) Vangani Shelu Neral Bhivpuri Karjat (S) Palasdhari Kelavli Dolavli Lowjee Khopoli (KP).
Harbour Railway Station Codes
Mumbai CST/CSMT/CSTM (ST) Masjid Bunder Sandhurst Road Dockyard Road Reay Road Cotton green Sewri Wadala /Vadala Road (VD) Raoli Junction GTB Nagar Chunabhatti Kurla (C/CH/CLA) Tilak Nagar Chembur (CM) Govandi Mankhurd (M) Vashi (V) Sanpada Jui Nagar Nerul (NU) Seewoods-Darave CBD Belapur Kharghar Mansarovar Khandeshwar Panvel (PL).
Short Codes for Trans Harbour Line (Thane to Navi Mumbai)
Thane Airoli Rabale Ghansoli Kopar Khairane Turbhe Jui Nagar Nerul (NU) Seewoods-Darave CBD Belapur Kharghar Mansarovar Khandeshwar Panvel (PL).
Vasai to Diva Station Codes
Vasai Road / Bassein (BS) Juchandra Kaman Road Kharboa Bhiwandi Diva.
See More in