“MHADA (Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority) regulates in creating low cost homes for poor and middle class people, Below are rules and eligibility to apply for Mhada flats with details like Online application forms, Lottery results, Various locations in Mumbai where redevelopments are done for low cost homes, Income rules (Range and Eligibility), Documents required, Sample specimen form for reference and address and contact helplines etc..”
Quick Look : [ Mhada Rules ], [ Income Eligibility Details ], [ Documents Required ], [ Online Application Form ], [ Sample Specimen Form ], [ Lottery Results Details ], [ Low Cost Home Locations in Mumbai ], [ Contact Address and Helplines ], [ Updates ]
- Since, MHADA (Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority is a government organization, Lottery system flats (Also called ‘Low Cost Homes‘) details are open to people to apply with all right to information.
- No broker or agents are allowed or required to purchase/apply for Mhada flats.All these low cost homes are sold under provisions of Regulation 1981 only, Whenever lottery system is ready Mhada informs people by giving advertisement in multiple leading newspaper in Mumbai and by inviting applications.
- If couples (Husband and wife) need to apply, they have freedom to apply separately, Point to note is if the husband and wife are both selected in the lottery and wins the flat at both the places, they can be allotted only one flat from the lottery.
- Applications needs and initial payment called EMD (Earnest Money Deposit) which will be Returned in 2 weeks to individuals who didn’t win lottery flats.
- Age to apply for such low cost homes should be above 18 years and needs domicile certificate.
- Any of the couple should not have their own separate privately owned home.
- Payment should be done through DD and Pay Orders upon winning lottery.
Note : Mhada also takes care of gardens and playgrounds during redevelopment, Since the shortage of open Mhada Plots, they are planning redevelopments of current old colonies. For more details on Rules and criteria, please refer Mhada Website.Application Eligibility Rules & Income Limits
According to the newly revamped Income rules, the eligibility to get Mhada Flat has been changed in 2011 for EWS (Economically Weaker Section), Lower Income Group, Middle Income Group and High Income Group. Below table details the size of Flats (Old and New Square Feet Area) and Income Range according to new updates rules.
|Income Group||EWS||Lower Income Group Range||Middle Income Group Range||Higher Income Group Range|
|New Range||Upto Rs.8000/-||Rs.8000/- to 20,000/-||Rs.20,000/- to 40,000/-||Rs.40,000/- and above|
|Old Range||Upto Rs.8000/-||Rs.8000/- to 12,000/-||Rs.12,000/- to 20,000/-||Rs.20,000/- and above|
|New Area||225 Square Feet||400 Square Feet||400 to 800 Square Feet||800 Square Feet and above|
|Old Area||180 Square Feet||300 Square Feet||300-500 Square Feet||500 Square Feet and above|
- Domicile Certificate Of Applicant.
- Income Certificate Of Applicant.
- Affidavit for Income Proof (Non IT Payers who are self employed).
- Affidavit of Income Proof of Spouse(For Joint application only).
- Affidavit for income Proof in addition to the income earned from employment.
- Other Documents : Birth Certificate Or School Leaving Certificate OR Election Card.
Steps to get the online forms and fill the application are below :
- Goto Mhada Lottery Website
- By Default Mhada website will be seen in Marathi Language, If you prefer filling online form in English Language then click on Change language to English on top right.
- Select ‘Apply for Lottery’ in menu if active, If Not active, it means currently you cannot apply online for Mhada flats lottery.
- Next, follow the instructions details in the form on exactly what to fill and submit the form (See specimen form below, for reference purpose only).
For those who have already applied and are winners or in waiting, Lottery result page will detail every things that is required, To see if results are positive for you and you have won the Mhada flat, Goto the URL listed in Application form and Click on the ‘Lottery Result’ menu, it will take you to a detailed result page which list 2 options, ‘Winners List’ and ‘Waiting List’.Mhada Flats/Buildings Locations in Mumbai
Project Development From 2004 to 2008
- New Dindoshi, Malad (East) Construction done in 2004.
- Malvani, Malad, Construction done in 2008.
- Sahakar Nagar, Chembur Construction done in year 2008.
- Kanara Engineering, Ghatkopar, Construction year 2008.
- Shailendra Nagar Dahisar (East) Mumbai, Constructed in 2008
Current Work In Progress Development Locations
Please Note : You might like to know about the Total Homes and Applicants Details and For very updated details on Mhada Redevelopments and current constructions, please refer their official website.
- New Hind Mill compound, near Rambhau Bhogale Marg, Mazgaon.
- Swadeshi Mill, Compound , Kurla (East), Central Mumbai Suburb.
- A.H. Wadia Marg, Kurla (West).
- Standard Mill, Tokersi Jivraj Road, Sewari, Central Mumbai Suburb.
- Standard Mill, Appasaheb Marathe Marg, Prabhadevi
- Shreeram Mill, Bansode Marg, Worli, South Mumbai.
- Piramal Spinning & Weaving mill compound , Lower Parel.
- Piramal Spinning & Weaving mill compound , Simplex mill Byculla.
- Village Wadhavan, Ban Dongari Marg Kandivali (East) Western Suburb of Mumbai.
- Pahadi Village Goregaon (East), Western Suburb.. More
- Mhada Helpline Numbers : +91 (22) 66405099 / 66405010.
- Address : Deputy Chief Officer, (E.M – 1), Room No. 201, First Floor, Griha Nirman Bhavan, Kala Nagar, Bandra (East), Mumbai Pincode – 400051