“Updated with new numbers in 2022, Multiple helplines for women in distress, home violence and other problems like human rights, eve teasing and sexual harassment, breast cancer or anything that requires emergency help. Below are some of the Women helplines in Mumbai where NGOs, Private organization, Individuals is helping Mumbai Police when a women is in need.
See also latest on how Mumbai police helping Women travel alone safer..”
Helpline Numbers For Women in Distress
- State Women’s Commission: 155209, For distressed women with problems like assault, Sexual Harassment, Basic rights, Husband Problems, Extra marital affairs, and anything a woman needs to speak out for help.
- Samaritans of Mumbai (For all type Distress, Men & Women) : 8422984530 & 8422984529 & 8422984528 (7 Days Working in Week, Timings 5 Pm to 8 Pm)
- Vandrevala Foundation : 7304599837 & 7304599836 (24×7, Anytime)
- 108 – For any emergency in Mumbai and around India.
- 103 – The latest women helpline number to complain about eve teasing and any to learn about women self defense.
- Mumbai Police Helplines For Molestation : 103 / 1090 / 7738133133 / 7738144144
- 1298 : This number will connect women in distress to relevant NGOs.
- Family Service Center 22828862.
- Women’s Center 26140403.
- Latest number for sexual harassment in bus – Call up 1800227550 ( Initiative by BEST bus services in Mumbai for women safety)
More Support & Other Helplines
Females also get support from below listed helplines for sexual harassment, home violence, distress or any other incident that happened in Mumbai city, Suburbs and around.
Aasra (24×7) : 27546669.
Samaritans of Mumbai (3 Pm to 9 Pm, All Days): 8422984528 / 8422984529 / 8422984530.
iCall (Monday to Saturday, 8:00 Pm to 10:00 Pm): 25521111.
Tanishka Foundation (Santacruz), Till 6:30 Pm: 9225800800
SNEHA: 24042627 / 24086011
CRISIS helpline: 24040045 / Email : email@example.com . They help and addresses special needs of slum Woman and children and works towards improving their health.
MAJLIS: 26662394 / 26661252. Majlis is a legal and cultural resource centre working in the area of women and minority rights.
POLICE HELPLINE FOR WOMEN: 103 – This is a special police helpline that takes action on crime against women through police intervention.
WOMEN RIGHT INITIATIVE
43411603 / 43411604 . Email : firstname.lastname@example.org, Website : http://www.lawyerscollective.org/wri
This organization runs a pro bono (free) legal aid cell for domestic violence cases.
HUMAN RIGHTS LAW NETWORK – MUMBAI
022-22820109/192 , Email : email@example.com Website : https://hrln.org works pm woman’s justice like HIV/AIDS etc
BREAST CANCER HELPLINE: 9820200300
More Helplines for Reference : Inside Local Trains, Mumbai and Navi Mumbai Emergency, Traffic Police Control Room, BEST Bus Women Safety, Stray Dogs Menace, BMC Monsoon, Vasai Virar, Mira Bhayander, Emergency Ambulances, Mumbai Railway, Fire Brigades, Packed Milk.