“Updated for this year 2023, Various private and public important helpline number for Mumbai city. Categorized as Major / Main helplines for the city, BMC, Private Services, Airlines, Express Highways, Distress, Women Helplines, School & College Students, Senior Citizens, Snake Rescue, Gas Leak, and Also Navi Mumbai contacts.
These numbers will help and assist to reach the correct person and organization and government service department when needed in case of any emergency..”
- Mumbai City Helpline Short Codes (2023)
- 112 For Any Emergency
- Thane Palghar Mumbai Police Whatsapp
- BMC Helplines (Flood, Water Logging & Others)
- Private Helpline Services
- Mumbai Pune Express Highway
- Distress and Customer Cheating
- Helplines for School / College Students
- Senior Citizens
- BMC & Private Snake Rescuers and Catchers
- LPG Gas Leakage Problems
- Navi Mumbai Helplines
Mumbai City Helpline Short Codes (2023)
- State Women’s Commission: 155209, For problems like assault, Sexual Harassment, Basic rights, Husband Problems, Extra marital affairs, and anything a woman needs to speak out for help.
- Mumbai & Suburban Citizens Call Centre: 155300
- Women Helpline: 1091
- Police: 100
- Any Emergency: 112
- Child Helpline: 1098
- Rescue & Relief: 1070
- Railway: 022-23004000
- NIC (National Information Centre): Toll-free 1800111555
- Ambulance: 108 & 102
- Crime Scene Stopper: 1090
- Call Centre for Citizens: 155300
- Mahanagar Gas: 18002669944 (Toll free), 022-68759400 & 022-24012400
112 For Any Emergency
Finally Dial 112, India got its single helpline number for any problematic or unforeseen situation or emergency for which a citizen may need help not just in Mumbai but around the country. Dial ‘112’ as a single point of contact for any emergency that occurred and urgent help is needed for situations like Fire, Flood, Terror, Ambulance, Women’s help, Health, and Coronavirus (COVID-19), Police, or any calamity.
This is one of the much-needed moves in India with a high ratio of emergency situations occurring every day. This short code will work even if you don’t have a balance on your prepaid mobile. One can simply dial 112 from landlines, mobile, or any device operating as a phone with any telecom service provider as a single point of contact. TRIA has approved the single 3-digit helpline that’s getting global without city limits.
This number ‘112’ replaces individual numbers in Mumbai city like ‘100’ for police, ‘101’ & ‘102’ & ‘108’for fire, ambulance and disaster etc.
Thane Palghar Mumbai Police Whatsapp
October 2015, Maharashtra Police have started WhatsApp chat helplines giving direct numbers of police to contact, send images, etc as and when required. Below are helplines for Thane City and Rural, Palghar Area and Soon Mumbai and Navi Mumbai will be added. I hope as of 2022 all the numbers are working as I cannot dial personally and check.
- Thane District City Police Whatsapp 9769724127
- Thane District Rural Police Whatsapp Helplines (7043100111 and 7045100222)
- Palghar District Police Whatsapp 9730811119 and 9730711119
Courtesy : Hindustan Times Newspaper
BMC Helplines (Flood, Water Logging & Others)
- 24×7 Free Monsoon Helpline : 108
- Any Civic Disaster During Rainy Days : 1916
- BMC Helpline for Depression etc : +91-22-24131212
- BMC Disaster Management & MCGM Potholes complain (24×7) : 1916, 1292, 1293, +91-22-22691292, +91-22-22691293.
See Also : Mumbai Flood BMC Helplines.
Private Helpline Services
Note: Some of the below numbers might not be working as of day.
|NOTE : Click ON PDF icon in end of this page to PRINT
PUBLIC HELPLINES MUMBAI
RAILWAY HELPLINE NUMBERS
INDIAN AIRLINES HELPLINE
VOLUNTARY WELFARE ORGANISATIONS
You Might Also need : Nature and Wildlife NGO and Stray Dog Helplines.
Mumbai Pune Express Highway
Distress and Customer Cheating
- Grahak Seva (Customer / Consumer Complain) for cheating in MRP & Products related : 022-22622022 & Toll Free (1800222262)
- Samaritans of Mumbai : 8422984528 & 8422984529 & 8422984530 (All 7 Days, 5:00 PM to 8 PM
- Vandrevala Foundation : 7304599836 & 7304599837 (24×7)
- Mumbai Cyber Police : 24×7 helpline is 9820810007 & Office Land Line Contact : +91-22-26504008 located at Official address as Cyber Police Station, First Floor, Bandra Kurla Complex (BKC) Police Station, Bandra East, Mumbai 400051
- LMD (Legal Metrology Department) : Control Room – 022-22886666, Whatsapp – 9869691666. The role is to bring justice socially to citizens of Mumbai and over Maharashtra State with a rule ‘NO MORE, NO LESS BUT EXACT’. So next time any retailer or outlet in the market cheats people with less for full price taken, Contact the Legal Meteorology Department control room.
- Private Buses Over Charging Fares: Recently state government fell heavy on private bus operators who are known to charge a very high amount during peak travel seasons. If you are a victim, call on 1800220110 (RTO) or 022-62426666 (Transport Department) to register complaints and strict action be taken against the operator. Remember they can only charge 50% high than the MSRTC fares and anything above attracts complaints from commuters.
DISTRESS WOMEN’S HELPLINES
DRUG AND ALCOHOL ABUSE HELPLINES
Helplines for School / College Students
Only Cowards Fear and Think Of Suicide, Brave and Strong Calls Up For Help.
THANE DISTRICT HELPLINES
OTHER IMPORTANT EMERGENCY HELPLINES
BMC & Private Snake Rescuers and Catchers
Most people get panic upon seeing this reptile, Specially in seasons like a monsoon. That’s just their season like we have our vacations. Yet the natural behaviour of getting afraid and panic is normal, But please do not Kill or throw stones simple call below snake helpline numbers in Mumbai, Thane, Vasai Virar, and Navi Mumbai location and these NGOs who are animal lovers and activists will come to the rescue, educate you and take away that snake to its natural environment. These snake/reptile catchers or say rescuers do this work free of cost and just want you to be aware and give the right message to others on how to take care of such reptiles, rescue them, love them.
Fire & Snake : 0250-2464811, 8888864283 (For Vasai, Virar) & 101 (From BSNL).
SARRP NGO : Spreading Awareness on Reptiles and Rehabilitation program.
Contact Santosh Shinde (President): 9769335531 and 9821134056. Alternately Another helpline is of Jaywant Dukhande ‘9821220087’, a Police Sub-Inspector by profession and an animal lover.
Contact them and an active member of the SARRP team whoever is available in your location like Thane, Vasai Virar, Mira-Bhayander, Suburbs like Borivali, Kandivali, Malad, Andheri, etc or Central suburbs and Navi Mumbai.
Jungle Training Camp NGO : Mr Bharat Joshi at 9221580888.
PAWS, The Famous NGO : Helpline Contact 9833480388.
WWA (Wildlife Welfare Association) : 9757322901.
LPG Gas Leakage Problems
Home Gas leakage incidents have killed many innocents inside homes and also neighbours due to the impact and fire spreading around. To avoid such accidents, the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Government of India has introduced a short code helpline number 1906 to be called during any such problems, emergency or accidents. It’s an all-India level helpline for LPG Gas leakage, available in 10 regional languages with support from trained and expert staff who give an immediate solution and help with safety precautions during LPG leakage-related issues.
Navi Mumbai has emerged in a great way when it comes to development and support. Lately, in August and September 2015 the NMMC (Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation) gave 2 toll-free numbers to call and a mobile number to send pictures with details on WhatsApp to their citizens. These numbers are dedicated to road-related issues, road safety, monsoon potholes, and more. Below are details of all 3 numbers along with other helplines which will/are added for reference.
Bad Roads With Potholes or anything else: Toll-free numbers to call (1800222310 / 1800222309), Whatsapp Mobile Number to send pictures and details 8424949888. You can expect a response from NMMC within 48 hours of sending complaints.