“Malshej Ghat (Hills and Valley) is just 135 km near Mumbai, a beautiful monsoon picnic spot and scenic location attracting tourists and trekkers. A perfect weekend gateway and monsoon travel destination, for a day spent and also overnight stay for leisure. See the ghat pictures and videos to get the details on various attraction around..”
[ Ghat Attractions ], [ Picnic Spots ], [ Malshej Adventures ], [ Accommodation Options ], [ How to Reach Malshej Ghat From Mumbai ], [ Other Places of Attractions Near Malshej ], [ Latest Videos Of Malshej Valley 2012 ], [ Updates ]
On National Highway 222 from Thane, Malshej is a green valley with mountains around on the hilly slope and is a perfect monsoon picnic spot near Mumbai. People are attracted towards the multiple waterfalls which are inside valley and few on the way on road itself. This green land also attracts many birds towards its purest climate alone with other flora and faunas.
Malshej ghat being a hillock attracts trekkers and rock climbers, just need to take care that the hills are meant only for professional rock climbers. In monsoon the climate changes every few minutes, a sudden fog gets quickly vanished with beautiful sun rays for few seconds that enhances the beauty of mother nature at western ghats of sahyadris and all such near locations of Mumbai.
The Spots and Sightseeing
Malshej hills has many spots, During monsoon one is out of imagination getting beautiful waterfalls just near the parked car on slopes of this Ghat. Reach the Flamingo Hills and you are at the best picnic spot of Malshej ghat, reason being the scenic view of green valley, small big waterfalls, other spots view and those monsoon rain and fog all around you at a same time.
The bonus of Flamingo hill spot being the MTDC (Maharashtra Tourism Development Corporation) Resort. Enjoy a hot cup of tea / coffee with those moving Fog around you.
40 Kilometres from Malshej is Shivneri Fort (Birth Place of Shivaji Maharaj), another wonder spot on Hills in Pune / Ratnagiri district one must visit if have enough of time.
Adventures at Malshej Mountains
Not Always, Yet this valley is Good for Hiking, Monsoon trekking, Abseiling (Rappelling) and Paragliding which are some of the possible adventures at Malshej Ghat. People need to take care of the slippery slopes and the edges of mountains during stormy winds in Monsoon. It is recommended to go with professional adventurers and instructors / company for any such adventure sport around this ghats.
Accommodations (Hotels & Resorts) at Malshej
The only accommodation option if you want to be in midst of Malshej Ghat is the MTDC resort located in center of this valley at Flamingo Hills. If you are on one day picnic at Malshej, You can have your snacks, lunch, tea and coffee and get fresh as it does has public toilet facilities.
Booking Details : MTDC accepts all their booking for monsoon online, You need to book before a month for comfortable and best accommodation. This year 2012, MTDC has also started building more cottages and mini bungalow looking valley facing accommodation options which can be enjoyed in 2013.
How to Reach this Ghat
Malshej Ghat is about 140 kilometers from Mumbai city, Recommended route is road route to enjoy one day picnic. The route being Mumbai – Thane – Saravali – Kon – Kalyan – Shahad – Bapsai – Kolimb – Murbad – Saralgaon – Kasgaon – Tokawade and finally Malshej Ghat starts. See Mumbai to Malshej Ghat Distance with road map for more details
Malshej Ghat Videos
Foggy Valley View
Malshej Ghat Latest Travel
Other Places Near Malshej Ghat
- See Monsoon Hangout Places in Mumbai
- Naneghat, Which is on same National Highway 222 and comes before Malshej.
- Shivneri Fort, a beautiful old fort with lots of water ponds, old rocks and other attractions which is a birth place of warrior Shivaji Maharaj, The great maratha king.
- Other waterfalls, small Hillocks in midst of jungle.
- Home Residential Address Of Bollywood Actors Celebrities Stars – Mumbai 883 views
- Mumbai Traffic Rules 2017 – Road Safety and Traffic Signs 798 views
- Mumbai Metro Trains – Routes | Timetable | Fares | Stations | Tickets 498 views
- Grant Road Station Attractions – Mumbai 401 views
- How to Get Vehicle Registration and Owner Details Via SMS – Mumbai 370 views
- Online Appointment For Learner License – RTO Mumbai 348 views
- Picnic Spots Near Mumbai | Overnight and One day Picnic Spots. 314 views
- Chor Bazaar – Mumbai Second Hand Product Bazaar and Stolen Thieves Market 314 views
- Road Offences and Penalty Amounts Fines in Mumbai 2016 288 views
- Movie Theatres Ticket Rates – Mumbai Cinema Theatres Ticket Prices 280 views