“17 Waterfalls near Mumbai at radius of 100 to 125 Km distance for this Monsoon 2020. With dense forest, green plateau and beauty all around these are famous waterfalls to explore in Monsoon every year.
Some very safe, Some publicly restricted in heavy rains and some are dangerous falls as detailed around Mumbai for family and kids. Take proper care, extra cloths, first aid box and enjoy safe around every waterfall that you visit, which is gift from nature in and near Mumbai city..”
- Vandri Lake Waterfall Near Virar
- Bhavli Waterfall, Igatpuri
- Dodhani Waterfall, Panvel
- Jummapatti Waterfall, Neral
- Pandavkada Waterfall, Kharghar
- Sector 8 Waterfall, CBD Belapur
- Bhivpuri Waterfalls, Karjat
- Kondeshwar Waterfalls and Temple, Badlapur
- Vihigaon / Ashoka Waterfall, Kasara
- Zenith Waterfall, Khopoli
- Dabhosa Waterfall, Jawahar
- Tapalwadi and Anandwadi Waterfall, Neral
- Kune Falls, Lonavala
- Malshej Ghat Waterfalls
- Yeoor Hills Pachwad Waterfall, Thane
- Kasarvadavali Waterfall, Thane
- Chinchoti Waterfalls, Vasai
- Tungareshwar Waterfalls, Vasai
Vandri Lake Waterfall Near Virar
- Location : Palghar (Western Railway Route).
- How to Reach : Via private vehicle. See Route Map
- From Mumbai : At distance of 82 Kilometres from city, It take about 2 Hour to reach this waterfall.
- Complete details here.
Bhavli Waterfall, Igatpuri
- Location : Igatpuri (Central Railway Route).
- How to Reach : Best recommended via private vehicle, Alternately by train. See Route Map
- From Mumbai : At distance of 128 Kilometres from city, It take about 1 Hour and 30 minutes to reach this falls.
- Complete details here.
Dodhani Waterfall, Panvel
- Location : About 1 hour road distance from Panvel (Navi Mumbai).
- How to Reach : About 21 Km (51 minutes on Panvel Matheran Road to Umroli Gaon Road to Dhodani Road). See Route Map
- From Mumbai : At distance of 55 Kilometres from city, It may take about 1 Hour and 50 minutes to reach this falls. Rappelling inside falls in mid monsoon is fun. The waterfall is 120 feet in height. Multiple waterfalls seen.
Jummapatti Waterfall, Neral
- Location : A small station on Neral Matheran route is Jummapatti at about 4 Km distance which has this lush greenery and waterfall.
- How to Reach : Reach Neral and take toy train to Matheran. On the way is Jummapatti. Or head on private vehicle as it takes about just 10 minutes from Neral to reach this waterfall location. See Route Map.
- From Mumbai : About 2 Hours Ride at distance of 77 Kilometres from city.
Pandavkada Waterfall, Kharghar
- Location : Kharghar (Navi Mumbai).
- How to Reach : 6.7 Kilometres from railway station which hardly takes 30 minutes. Vehicle can reach till Chapewadi and then take the trek towards waterfall. See Route Map.
- From Mumbai : 1 hour 15 minutes to reach the base of Pandavkada waterfall at distance of 30 to 35 km from city.
107 Meter in heights, This is a giant plunge waterfall. The water force is very heavy so do not try adventure below, Just enjoy the pond area with family and friends as its huge. During peak rainfall, This place is public restricted & Now recommended for family crowd.
Sector 8 Waterfall, CBD Belapur
- Location : CBD Belapur, Sector 8.
- How to Reach : From CBD Railway Station Sector 8 is about 2.6 Km which hardly takes 10 minutes by car. See Route Map.
- From Mumbai : About 25 Kilometres of road distance taking about 50 Minutes to reach.
- Note: I am not very sure about the exact location of Sector 8, But this is what my research took me to.
Bhivpuri Waterfalls, Karjat
- Location : Bhivpuri Road Railway Station, Diksal. Next to Karjat railway station.
- How to Reach : Via Karjat Murbad road. From Bhivpuri Road station the distance is about 11 Kilometres which takes about 25 minutes to half hour. See Route Map.
- From Mumbai : About 2 Hours from city at distance of 67 Kilometres. A medium size waterfall with beautiful greenery and mountains around. Safe beneath the falls with ample space for bog groups to enjoy inside water. Cloth changing facilities also available at Cost of Rs.20 Approximate. This can be said as one of the family safe waterfall near Mumbai which can be reached without more of trekking.
Kondeshwar Waterfalls and Temple, Badlapur
- Location : Bhoj (Kondeshwar location) at Badlapur (Thane District).
- How to Reach : It takes about half hour (28 to 30 minutes by road) to reach Kondeshwar waterfall which is about 9 Kilometre distance from Badlapur Railway station. See Route Map.
- From Mumbai : About 2 Hours Road ride at 60 Kilometres from City. It is a beautiful and small waterfall adjacent to Kondeshwar temple. A rocky surface area with enough pool surface. There are free flowing water streams to enjoy too. Also safe to dive in. Best part is that kondeshwar is a lush green plateau during monsoon.
Vihigaon / Ashoka Waterfall, Kasara
- Location : Vihigaon Village, Kasara Ghat.
- How to Reach : Since it is famous as Kasara Ghat waterfalls, Distance from Kasara Railway station (Thane District) to Vihigaon which has this Ashoka Waterfall is about 95 Kilometres takes about 1 Hour 40 minutes road ride. See Route Map.
- From Mumbai : About 2 Hours at distance of 115 Km. This waterfall receives the water from Middle vaitarna river. Seating right under the falls is dangerous especially when heavy rains. But otherwise it is fun around. A very rocky patch around the patch and a descend rocky walkway down to reach the falls, (Restricted Access for Public During Heavy Rains).
Zenith Waterfall, Khopoli
- Location : Khopoli.
- How to Reach : Just 10 minutes from Khopoli Railway Station at about 2 Kilometres is this Beautiful Waterfall. See Route Map.
- From Mumbai : About 1 hour 45 minutes with road distance of 75 Kilometres. Beautiful view of huge mountains with multiple waterfalls at a glance. Its a 10 minutes trek to reach this waterfall base. Its a multi-level waterfall with an height of about 100 metres.
Dabhosa Waterfall, Jawahar
- Location : Jawhar Village, Palghar district at about 175 Km from Mumbai.
- How to Reach from Mumbai : From Suburban locations like Andheri, It is at distance of 145 Km and takes about 3 and half hour of drive (Without Traffic) to reach Jawhar Dabhosa Waterfall. It is actually 18 Km away from Jawhar too. But the drive once you cross Bhayandar till the destination is worth as the greenery is all around. See Route Map.
It’s a giant waterfall with a dam around named Khadkhad. Their is Kal Mandavi waterfall here.
Tapalwadi and Anandwadi Waterfall, Neral
- Location : Matheran, Nearest Railway station being Neral.
- How to Reach : Just about 2 Kilometres from Neral Railways Station it will not take more than 10 minutes. See Route Map.
- From Mumbai : At distance of 75 Kilometres it may take about 2 hours to reach this waterfall. Tapalwadi is a small waterfall located at base of vikatgad hills. It has a small pool to enjoy below and the water force falling is heavy. Comparatively Anandwadi waterfall is also small but more beautiful compare to previous. Overall the location is scenic and fun in Monsoon.
Kune Falls, Lonavala
- Location : Kune Village, Khandala, 30 Minutes from Lonavala.
- How to Reach : About 4 Km (10 minutes distance from Lonavala). See Map Route.
- Speciality : Two waterfalls with height 150 and 300 feet with zipline adventure.
Malshej Ghat Waterfalls
- Location : Mountain Pass near Pune.
- How to Reach From Mumbai : At distance of about 130 Kilometres, Malshej ghat location may take about 3 and half hours to reach from Mumbai city. See Route Map.
- Speciality : The only location not far from Mumbai in western ghats which has waterfalls along the roadside on hilly mountains. Every few metres distance one see a small and medium side waterfall to stop and enjoy. Monsoon is the only fun at Malshej. Apart from enjoying waterfalls, It is very scenic and have few points to enjoy view of foggy ghat area during rains. Keep a note that during heavy rainfall the Ghat is closed due to dangerous landslides and tree falling possibilities on road.
Yeoor Hills Pachwad Waterfall, Thane
- Location : Thane Yeoor Hills, Pachwad, Ghodbundar Road.
- How to Reach : From Thane Railway station Yeoor hills is about 9 kilometres taking about 30 Minutes to reach. See Route Map.
- From Mumbai : It may take anywhere between 45 minutes to an Hour to reach Yeoor waterfalls which is about 25 Km distance from city. Its at a backdrop of Sanjay Gandhi National Park in thane area. Yeoor is a beautiful mountain plateau known for Mountain biking adventure. About 45 feet in height, this Waterfall is 2 staged and is surrounded by dense forest.
Kasarvadavali Waterfall, Thane
- Location : Thane, Kasarvadavali near Ghodbundar road.
- How to Reach : From Thane station Kasarvadavli falls is at 30 minutes. Take local help to reach the waterfall area. See Route Map.
- From Mumbai : Distance of 30 Kilometres taking 50 minutes to an hour. I would recommend this waterfall for boys only group. Vehicle do not reach the waterfall base, Yet Bikes reaches at some distance. It is a very small waterfall and usually local villager and citizens of thane are here to enjoy. Not recommended for family.
Chinchoti Waterfalls, Vasai
- Location : Vasai Highway.
- How to Reach : From Vasai railway station auto are available till village. Another 1 hour of hilly trek to cover by walking to reach the waterfalls. See Route Map.
- From Mumbai : About 2 to 2 and half hour to reach Chinchoti village covering about 75 Kilometres of road distance on National Highway 8.
Deep inside forest at about an hour of walking trek on hilly mountain is Chinchoti waterfall. Kindly note that a corner area below the falls inside the pool area is very dangerous and have fatalities recorded. For video and more details see, Chinchoti waterfalls article.
Tungareshwar Waterfalls, Vasai
- Location : Vasai Highway, Tungareshwar nature park forest area.
- How to Reach : From Vasai railway station Tungareshwar temple is 11 Kilometres taking about 40 minutes. See Route Map.
- From Mumbai : About 57 Kilometres taking 1 Hour 40 minutes around.
- See detailed article about Tungareshwar temple and waterfalls for video.
Famous for its Shiva Temple, Tungareshwar has couple of waterfalls and some beautiful streams running around the pathway. It is a great place to be around during Mumbai rains. A walk of 40 minutes is must to reach the temple area and waterfalls are in same area on the pathway. Nature lovers and those who are fond of forest and jungle scenics should visit this waterfall.