With many updates in the year 2020, It was February 2018 when Big ND Studio (Art World & Theme park) located at Karjat opened gates to Bollywood movie lovers of Mumbai and tourist around the world to the huge ‘Bollywood Theme Park’. Mumbai’s first of its kind theme park dedicated to Indian film Industry, Particularly Bollywood.
Since 2005, this huge 52 acres studio observed iconic film sets and designs, pre and post production work for big and small budget movies and television shows like Jodha Akbar, Bajirao Mastani, Slumdog Millionaire and reality shows like Big Boss and more. Now this digital Film world is opened to all as a dedicated Theme Park & Art world with lots of attractions & activities for bollywood lovers. Located at about 54 Km from Mumbai suburban, Let us know more about ND’s theme park in details..
Mumbai’s First Bollywood Theme Park
Nitin Chandrakant Desai, a successful and well known Art director from Bollywood who originally owned ND Studio with majestic sets was called ‘Big ND Studio’ as around 2018 it had Reliance stacks and so was called Big ND Studio. Setting up a dedicated theme park and putting up all the beautiful art & his experience for citizens and tourists, This Film world gives a unique experience to its visitors via its Bollywood Theme filmy sets.
Many other iconic structures and famous monuments of India like Agra Fort, Lakes and Sheesh Mahal can be seen as a mega set inside this theme park. Considering Mumbai as Bollywood’s home and foundation, many location and famous places to get the real feel of Mumbai, like Chor Bazaar, Fashion Street near Churchgate and Khau Gulli (Street Food) and many more can be seen inside this studio park. It will take about minimum 3 hours to see complete set.
Famous legendary celebrity & iconic characters like ‘Gabbar Singh’ of film Sholay and Mona Darling and Lion fame ‘Ajit Khan’ are now part of the reel section inside this Bollywood theme park. Nitin desai is so excited about this theme park and has put lots of effort to bring the experience live with this mega structure comparing it to the Hollywood famous studios like Warner Bros and Universal studios.
Inauguration of this Bollywood park was to be done in 4th Quarter of 2017 and was planned to be promoted, joining hands with MTDC in its first Shopping festival of Mumbai. But the dates were rescheduled and finally the opening if the art world theme park was done in first week of February 2018. It is 2020 and it has progressed really well till date. ND is planning a all new 5-Star accommodation experience for overnight within the setup giving a unique experience for its visitors. Some unique idea where one can stay in luxury and can also feel the filmy sets, Both at a time.
List any Indian major festivals & grand celebrations and theme are set, These are holidays and can be an ideal day to be spent at ND’s Studios with special festival arrangements. Some of the special festivals that are celebrated here are Holi, Lohri, Christmas and New Year, Basant Panchami, Diwali, Maha Shivratri and Shivjayanti, Dussehra, Navratri Garba and Durga Pooja, Gudi Padwa, EID, Ganesh Chaturthi, Dahi Handi, Rakhi, Krishna Janmashtami, Onam and Independent day too.
Not sure of this as of date, But a restaurant was to be available named ‘Jail Khan’, Since the Studio location at Karjat road has less of eateries options around.
Quick Interest Reference : Known Bollywood & Mumbai based movies, Guided Filmcity Tour.
Art & Film World Activities & Attractions
They Officially named it ND’s Film World (Art World), which is actually a theme park as we updated here in 2020. The main attraction / activity here are the 6 attraction sections of the park referred as ‘REELS’, And every reel has 5 main filmy scenes displayed as theme. Details of reel 1 to 6 are :
- Reel 1 : Gateway of Film World, Box office, Temple, Filmy Deewar & Dino Park.
- Reel 2 : Retro Cafe, Jail Khana, Khau Galli, Fashion Street, Khuj Ja Sim Sim.
- Reel 3 : Kaun Banega Lakh Lakh Pati, Film Factory, Chor Bazaar, Batti Gull, Star House.
- Reel 4 : Royal Palace, Royal Lawn, Aeroplane, Ye Tera Ghar Ye Mera Ghar, The 7 Wonders.
- Reel 5 : Ancient Palace, Ashtavinayak aur Navdurga, Gadh Killa, Mera Gaon Mera Desh, Ajintha Lake.
- Reel 6 : Filmy Workshop, Bhool Bhulaiya, Sheesh Mahal, Deewan-E-Aam, Palace Hotel.
They do have detailed about 2 major studio tours in Mumbai, yet more details are yet to be known.
Theme Park Fast Facts
- Outside Food : Not allowed, Except pregnant women & infant food. Veg, Non-Veg and Jain food available inside Restaurant.
- Group Bookings & Discounts : Eligibility of group bookings are 50 people and above, For Discounts contact officials.
- Alcohol Serving : Inside retro bar, Available. But cannot bring anything from outside.
- DSLR & Professional Cameras & Lenses : Allowed.
- Valuables & Baggage Counters : Available, On Customers risk.
- Mobile Network & Connectivity : Extra arrangements done and so major networks available.
- Best time to Visit & temperature : The location of karjat is scenic & very beautiful during Monsoon, Summers are hot and Winters not bad too.
- Online Booking : Available
- Ideal for : One day family & school picnic for all those loving bollywood movies, sets etc.
- Car & Bus Parking : Available.
- Toilet / Washroom & Other Facilities : Available.
Studio Set Address & Contact
Bollywood Theme Park & Studio Location Address : Karjat Road, Chowk Phata, Khalapur, Near Hatnoli Village, District Raigad, Karjat, Maharashtra 410206.
Corporate Office Mumbai : ND’S Art World Office, A/201, Ventura, Central Avenue, Hiranandani Business Park, Powai, Mumbai – 400076, India.
Official Website : ND’s Film World.
Pictures Credits : ND’s Official, Akshay Khedekar, Sanved Mirashi, Sujitkumar Patil, Abhijit Bhosale, Divyesh Shah, Sarita Gupta