“The much required step of taking the learner license appointment procedure online was finally done and RTO (Regional Transport Office) of Andheri (Application locations between Western Suburb stations Dahisar to Bandra), which is the most crowded RTO in western suburb region has gone Online with appointment procedure for learner license for age groups as detailed below. Till date the busy citizens have to rely upon some agents ( Typical touts ) who earned handsome income as they know the procedure of standing in queue early morning was really not possible for Mumbai citizen who gets tired and sleeps late night. Finally on 30th December they only accepted application who took appointment online and asked others to do the needful for same. Soon Tardeo and Wadala and other RTO offices in Mumbai, Suburbs and more will go online with same process. See what happened on 30th December 2013 and after now at RTO Andheri office and what is the step by step procedure to get you own Learner License appointment date via Mahatranscom’s official website..”
Jump to : [ Step By Step License Process ], [ First Day Of Online Implementation ], [ Online License Application Age Limits ], [ Original Documents and Photocopies to Carry ], [ Procedure at RTO Office ], [ Important Links ], [ Updates ]
Step By Step Learning License Process
IMP NOTE : I Didn’t found any Online form submission link to get RTO office appointment on the Main link given by Mahatranscom department. Also heard that Mumbai RTO offices takes about 4 months to just give the learner’s license now, forget about getting the permanent one. In Mumbai’s one of leading newspaper (DNA) 1st September 2015 article, sad cheat was detailed where in 4 months by RTO was said and same license can be procured in few days upon giving Rs.2000/- amount extra via motor training schools. Really sad (Remember Anti Corruption Whatsapp Helpline Number is active since March 2016 now for citizens).
Getting Online Appointment Steps (Which now not seen)
- Go to URL (Removed as site down / Mahatrans website Server Error)
- Fill in your personal and current address details (See the E-FORM sample picture to get details about individual fields to fill inside form). NOTE : Take proper care when filling your Email Address as on same you will get confirmation and link to proceed further.
- You will receive a appointment confirmation email from license authority office which will have a ‘Appointment Receipt’ and will lead you to download FORM 1 ( which is Physical Fitness Declaration), FORM 1A (Medical Certificate for 50 years of age and above. More details inside form), and FORM 2.
- As you have got receipt and appointment token, you have to reach RTO office before half hour time as detailed in form, along with all the forms signed with ORIGINAL COPIES as detailed in Documents to carry as detailed below.
Next What ?
Updated as on date specified on this page, Below are step by step guide as best understood by me to get your learner’s license (AFTER GETTING CONFIRMATION EMAIL FROM RTO UPON ONLINE APPOINTMENT) to do below process of submitting documents etc. YET the website listed for appointment has no link to fill form and submit. See this.
Download Forms Links : Go to URL of Mahatranscom website and download 2 different forms (Form 1 and Form 2)
Form 1 Filling : Form 1 has 2 sections to fill which are CMV Form 1 (Personal Details & Fitness Declaration) & CMV Form 2 (Medical Certificate) to be filled by a authorized medical practitioner as referred by state government). This form is basically a fitness form self signed and approved by a doctor.
Form 2 Filling : (Rule 10) This form is the actual on line learning license application form which required details as :
- Detail of what type of vehicle you need to get learner’s license (Gear, Non Gear etc)
- 5 x 6 cm size photograph (Total 3, But i prefer get 5 as you never know and extra is always good) to be stick on form.
- Personal details (Full name, Parents name, Permanent and Temporary address, Date & Place of Birth, Education and Body ID mark, Blood group, Previous license if any with details, medical fitness (Form 1 and 2), Details of Motor driving school like Name and Address, Fees amount, Signature and Thumb impression, Parents / Guardian declaration under section 7, Sub section (2) of Motor Vehicle Act 1988.
Next Mahatranscom website has gave a link to Sarathi website for appointment which any citizen will think of being submission and getting appointment date and other details on email, But here there are just instructions on filling form and no other form / online form to fill and submit to get the initial step to get on wheels, the Learning License. More funny is both links on left sidebar named ‘New Learner Licence’ and ‘Transactions on Learner Licence’ has same content (Seen as on April 5, 2016) and instructions and no form. The only difference is one like of parents / guardian details if applicant is minor. Which i believe is the frustrating point and the offline procedure of going to RTO or via your motor driving school etc.
Since link to online appointment is missing, I recommend to call up on their listed helpline and support contact number : 040-23494777 between 10:00 am to 6:00 Pm working hours on regular working days.
Paying Fees : Rs.30 (Each Class). Now how much did you understood by this info ? i believe they mean for any type of Learning license (Gear, Non Gear etc) is Rs.30.
Action Part at RTO : (See Procedure at RTO office section below). In simple words Paying fees, Forms and Document verification, Fitness Test, Filling & Receiving license cards.
Documents Required :
- Birth Certificate Proof (Valid Documents considered here are School Leaving, Gram Panchayat / Municipal Corporation certificate of birth, Age Proof by Civil Surgeon).
- Address Proof (Valid Documents are Voter’s ID card, Passport, Life Insurance Certificate, If Employed with State / Central Government then salary slip)
- 3 Passport size photographs
- Fitness Certificate (Form 1 for private vehicle), (Form 1A if rental vehicle and Age 50 and above / senior citizen of applicant), Parents required if applicated in monor (16 to 18 age)
The Form That Looked Like Below (Sample Image Only)
First Online Appointment Implementation Day
Its was 30th December as said and as usual citizen of Mumbai queued to get forms and applications at Andheri RTO office, Its chilling cold and few also came as early as 5:30 to 6:00 am as they need to then move ahead for their job. Every day the Manual process form / application’s token window opens at 8:30 which got delayed to 9:00 am and finally opened at 9:30 with about 350 to 450 people waiting. Out of all, only 7 people were allowed as they have got date and time with token via their online portal e-form application process.
Although the information was declared publicly with leading newspapers of Mumbai, Many have missed and went through the same old Motor training schools as usual to apply for their licenses. Those regular touts are angry as they will miss a huge business from innocent citizens, But neither transport official cares nor anyone else as this technology was sure to come now or later. We at Mumbai77 are always with such innovations and technology move and will try helping spread words to individual citizens like you.
Online License Application Age Limits
For this new online appointment process, age limits are set according to the type of vehicle for which you want license to learn, Details as below along with total number of internet learner license application tokens limits per day and timings :
- Age Group 16 to 18 Years : Up to 50CC gear less Motor Cycles allowed. Parent’s consent is compulsory for this age.
- Age Group above 18 Years : All the vehicles falling under NON-TRANSPORT License group, which are Motor cycles, Cars and Jeeps which are under (LIGHTWEIGHT VEHICLE MOUNT, LVM).
- Age 20 and Above : This age and above can apply online for their learner license for TRANSPORT VEHICLES category which are LVM (TR), HGV & HPV (Transport), Auto-rickshaw (TR).
Total Applications Daily Limit and Timings : Total of 350 appointment tokens will be issues online and timings for same will be between 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM. Portal’s e-form have option to select timings according to your own convenience.
Original Documents and Photocopies to Carry
- All the FORMS and Documents as listed in above point.
- Original Receipt which you received upon online appointment registration.
- Address Proof (Any two) : Telephone Bill, LIC Policy, Voting card, Aadhar Card, Rent Agreement Registered and Verified with POLICE, Passport, Driving License already if any.
- Two Passport Size Photographs.
- Age Proof
- Nationality Proof
Procedure at RTO Office
- Verification of all the documents will be done by RTO authorities along with some check like vision test, color blindness test and physical fitness.
- You will have to pay learner license fee now.
- Data entry will be done next following with your individual Biometrics (i.e Thumb Impression, Signature, Digital Photographs taken).
- Next, you will be guided with road safety education and learner test preparation.
- Finally you have to give an online test about your knowledge about traffic sign and road related (20 objective questions). IMP : Go through the links below for test preparation and generic help on road traffic related.
- 12 and above correctly answered are considered passed otherwise failed. You may reappear again after 7 days.
- TEST RESULT : You passed or failed will be declared on the spot.
- If passed, you will receive ‘RTO Learner Driving License on the spot’. Your one time non-renewable learning license is valid for 6 months. If expired you will have to apply fresh.
- Finally, within 30 days (within 6 month period) you may appear for final test to get your PERMANENT LICENSE at same RTO Office.
- Location Wise RTO Offices in Mumbai.
- Road Traffic Rules. Helpful during exam, Also recommended to go to official portal for any updates, if any.
- RTO Documents, Process and Charges
- Traffic Fines Offences etc
- Vehicle Number Series and Location
- How to get Vehicle Owner details via SMS
- Where to Complain ?
- RTO Office Pincode, Map etc
- Home Residential Address Of Bollywood Actors Celebrities Stars – Mumbai 866 views
- Mumbai Traffic Rules 2017 – Road Safety and Traffic Signs 661 views
- Mumbai Metro Trains – Routes | Timetable | Fares | Stations | Tickets 513 views
- Movie Theatres Ticket Rates – Mumbai Cinema Theatres Ticket Prices 425 views
- Picnic Spots Near Mumbai | Overnight and One day Picnic Spots. 424 views
- How to Get Vehicle Registration and Owner Details Via SMS – Mumbai 407 views
- Grant Road Station Attractions – Mumbai 402 views
- Chor Bazaar – Mumbai Second Hand Product Bazaar and Stolen Thieves Market 376 views
- Online Appointment For Learner License – RTO Mumbai 344 views
- Road Offences and Penalty Amounts Fines in Mumbai 2016 259 views